Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

35 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

That James Firth who's an MP for Bury thinks he has a case to appeal the EFL's decision to expel them from the league . He's speaking to Government Minster shortly. James Firth says" The EFL have proof of funds from a further credible global organisation with bid agreed with Steve Dale." 

Won't it be great if somehow Bury manage to overturn the EFL decision, can see happening though.

Bury need to be pulled from this season, no question about that 

Best suggestion I’ve heard is pull them from this season and give them a few months to sort a CVA out to start next season in League 2, if they still can’t then it’s the Phoenix option down the pyramid 

Might be an option for us depending on what comes over the next couple of days 

56 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nobody really knows - I suspect if they think a deal is "there" they will just let it go - because they won't want to pull plug. But threat is there to stop it dragging on and because ultimately they can't keep running us as we are. 

Pay is due Friday and if there isn't anything in kitty - then I suspect that would really force things. 

EFL seem to think the deal is almost there, well they did at lunchtime today -

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/bolton-wanderers-efl-expulsion-update-16827682

Guest Nordkurve
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

EFL seem to think the deal is almost there, well they did at lunchtime today -

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/bolton-wanderers-efl-expulsion-update-16827682

I am thinking that if no one was blinking then the Administrators would have announced they are commencing liquidation. I think they said previously it would start at 10:00 today if no deal had been signed ?

23 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Who the MP? He's been trying to save Bury for months. 

Nope the company(s) that now want them.  It’s not like this has come as a shock to anyone. 

The MPs need a lot of credit seemed to have done as much as they could do.

11 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

anything can happen from lunch time. with bwfc

Exactly, that's what i thought!

The EFL boss was quoted as saying they were working with Bolton and the admins till  3am last night + they remained positive earlier this morning that the deal could be done.

Then the Admins probably rang Sweatys legal team at 9am, who promptly pissed all over their chips! .

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

Despite everything, I simply cannot condone this shit. Who thought this would be a good idea for fucks sake?

We might be on our arse, but asking these cunts for a cup of tea is hardly going to settle anything. Beyond tinpot.

Image may contain: one or more people, shoes, sky and outdoor

21 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Best suggestion I’ve heard is pull them from this season and give them a few months to sort a CVA out to start next season in League 2, if they still can’t then it’s the Phoenix option down the pyramid 

Might be an option for us depending on what comes over the next couple of days 

Can’t see other league clubs being too impressed with that. 

16 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I am thinking that if no one was blinking then the Administrators would have announced they are commencing liquidation. I think they said previously it would start at 10:00 today if no deal had been signed ?

I think the administrators probably did the blinking.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Despite everything, I simply cannot condone this shit. Who thought this would be a good idea for fucks sake?

We might be on our arse, but asking these cunts for a cup of tea is hardly going to settle anything. Beyond tinpot.

Oh just fuck off. Who thought that was a good idea

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, MickyD said:

Would that donation of £20 be as well as the entrance fee? Let's face it, no way, even when things are as perilous as they currently are for the club, we're getting 25k on. People don't seem to realise that it's partly the fault of the stay-away thousands who helped to create this situation.

As much as I see where you are coming from Micky that just isn't true. If we'd had 25k on every week the money coming in would have been spunked away on paying over the odds fees & wages for bang average at best players like it is at most clubs. It'd be like giving a junkie money & expecting him to buy food with it. 

The fans are in no way at fault here, the custodians have been.... and to be fair Bournemouth do OK on crowds of 10,000.

I've spent the last hour and a half reading through todays posts on this thread and I had no idea that the people who featured on sky news last night at the stadium, all post on here.

I'm now leaving and not coming back until I hear on the news that the deal has been done, how people believe some post of some random moonman on Twitter is fact, is beyond me

23 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

But won’t this encourage other teams’ owners to spend beyond their means on players’ wages, aim for promotion, and if it all goes tits up, put the club in a CVA (at the expense of creditors) and then the “punishment” is simply that they suffer the same fate as two or three other teams (who haven’t been so reckless) have also suffered from the same league.

27 minutes ago, Spider said:

If things get too bad, we'll have to send him down the red light district, I'm sure there's the odd perv who's into that sort of thing, :lol:!!! 

4 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

If things get too bad, we'll have to send him down the red light district, I'm sure there's the odd perv who's into that sort of thing, ::lol::!!! 

I just assumed it was ironic Northern humour. Well, not Northern, Lancastrian, as there aren’t any Yorkshire comedians.

4 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

If things get too bad, we'll have to send him down the red light district, I'm sure there's the odd perv who's into that sort of thing, ::lol::!!! 

That’d be the furry scene. It’s actually pretty big now. 

They have Baby furs as well which is obviously a bit more niche. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Is there gonna be an update of some sort today?

Nearly there

Patience is not a football fan's best virtue, but just a little more required.

We can start moaning about lack of transfers again soon enough.

Ventures Out.

35 minutes ago, Spider said:

I know it's meant to be funny but Jesus Christ that is embarrassing.