Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

20 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

They aren’t punishing us at all. They are trying to help.

-12 points, with, perhaps, more to come, suggests otherwise?

If Ken were likely to lose out financially in the event of our liquidation, then he'd not be reneging on the deal knowing FV could just walk at any time.

I suspect, but I have no idea, that he's somehow managed the situation that he walks off into the sunset with a shed load of cash whatever happens.

There's plenty of evidence to suggest the deal was genuinely about to be done, irrespective of what Nixon is currently saying. 

Ken is playing brinksmanship again and the EFL are trying to call his bluff. Meanwhile FV remain silent.... which I've mixed feelings about. It leaves an information vacuum for us fans but could also be seen as the responsible way forward in a complex deal. 

The EFL are trying to bring matters to a head. I've not enough knowledge to judge whether them going through with the threat to expel us from the league would lead to Anderson being out of pocket. If so - then they are doing the right thing by giving him the threat. Ken Anderson is interested in Ken Anderson's bank balance. By midweek we will know the extent of how much of a lowlife he is.

My overall aim as a Bolton Wanderers fan remains to start next season as a normal football club in League 2, looking forward to Saturday afternoons and a future with some excitement as we climb back up the ladder - a la 1987-1995. 

Edited by paulhanley

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Interesting to hear Nixon’s comments on Twitter, he says FV not near to completing the deal on hotel and club, bidder with wherewithal to do the deal is locked out of the process, methinks he’s getting his info from KA. 

Nixon is talking bollocks. He may be right there is someone else interested. But the deal was done. If that I’m certain. And to say the EFL and admins are just pretending at this stage is a nonsense. The sort of stuff 15 year olds come out with. 

3 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Ken appointed Quantuma he has known full well the other interest in hotel for a long time. I’m pretty sure this isn’t about that. Ken pushed for and agreed deal. Then reneged - and from what I’m told it’s not even over money. It seems like deliberate time wasting. Ken’s last revenge. But time will tell fully what game is being played and why.

Thank you for this, unfortunately I, like many others, pay little attention to your comments.

Just now, Damocles said:

Thank you for this, unfortunately I, like many others, pay little attention to your comments.

Unfortunately?

7 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nixon is talking bollocks. He may be right there is someone else interested. But the deal was done. If that I’m certain. And to say the EFL and admins are just pretending at this stage is a nonsense. The sort of stuff 15 year olds come out with. 

Do you think Appleton was being on the level when he said he expected the deal to be done within a week of announcing FV as preferred bidders (on the 18th of June!)? Or when he told the guy from Cowgills it was done? Or when he said it was being completed just as Bassini filed his injunction?

And the EFL's own statement from yesterday says that we bullshitted them about the deal being done on the eve of the season.

I don't believe Nixon. But at the same time, what has anyone else involved done to inspire such trust in what they say?

5 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Do you think Appleton was being on the level when he said he expected the deal to be done within a week of announcing FV as preferred bidders (on the 18th of June!)? Or when he told the guy from Cowgills it was done? Or when he said it was being completed just as Bassini filed his injunction?

And the EFL's own statement from yesterday says that we bullshitted them about the deal being done on the eve of the season.

I don't believe Nixon. But at the same time, what has anyone else involved done to inspire such trust in what they say?

The fact people are buggering around is giving space for conspiracy and rumour to flourish. It doesn’t mean that such stuff is true. Simple explanation it’s a tough deal with creditors being as difficult as possible.

Given Ken’s history it’s not that hard a sell that he’s playing silly buggers is it? He has form.

30 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Just enough attention to read them, quote them and comment on them though., unfortunately

44 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

There's plenty of evidence to suggest the deal was genuinely about to be done, irrespective of what Nixon is currently saying. 

Ken is playing brinksmanship again and the EFL are trying to call his bluff. Meanwhile FV remain silent.... which I've mixed feelings about. It leaves an information vacuum for us fans but could also be seen as the responsible way forward in a complex deal. 

The EFL are trying to bring matters to a head. I've not enough knowledge to judge whether them going through with threat to expel us from the league would lead to Anderson being out of pocket. If so - then they are doing the right thing by giving him the threat. Ken Anderson is interested is interested in Ken Anderson's bank balance. By midweek we will know the extent of how much of a lowlife he is.

My overall aim as a Bolton Wanderers fan remains to start next season as a normal football club in League 2, looking forward to Saturday afternoons and a future with some excitement as we climb back up the ladder - a la 1987-1995. 

This 👍🏻

Absolutely spot on!

On 23/08/2019 at 17:12, chrisw99 said:

Personally, I think Ken got royally peed off with the protests and insults to the family, he just wants to destroy BWFC and in particular us fans.  Don't think it's about the money for him, he's got plenty.   He wants it to drag on till we don't exist.

In light of recent developments, if true, then I'm even more certain of this. 

2 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I understand he’s frustrated mate. We are all pissed off and bored to death with this whole crap situation and KA seems to be acting like an absolute ****. I want it to be over.

However, I just can’t understand some people who want liquidation for our club, let alone those who would let the club die, just to spite someone else.

Would I be happy if KA walked away with millions from this deal? Not at all. Would I hand over his cheque myself if it meant I could catch up with you for some beers at the football in Walsall next season - absolutely.

Agree and I’m sure MK doesn’t want that but I really hate Anderson Like no other person in my life. 

Let’s just hope the deadline puts a bit of pressure on him to stop being a ball bag and for him to finally walk away 

The EFL are now doing the right thing.

The muppets who sing eff the EFL , have not got a bloody clue.

I was one who defended Ken .( but was wrong to do so ).

He was right about what a mess the club finances were in when he took over.

But he is now screwing BWFC slowly into the oblivion.

Hopefully it is sorted this week. 

• Site Supporter

I’d love the fraud squad or POCA to force the admins to hand over their files after this and investigate every arsehole who’s left the club in this state. I can’t believe the only offence has been simple over spending with no other offences occurring