Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give it a fucking rest eh  ‘somebody’s moral expectations of someone are very different to the legal obligations you know that and I know that. So why don’t you lay off patronising folk Chris and

I really cannot wait for the day we don’t have to read the words moonshift, Inner fucking circle, blue bastard marble or any piece of shit word associated to this horrible draining 3 year bullshit sag

Fucking massive clear out coming on WW later, either way.

Posted Images

I'm still of the mind nothing will be done before the 2nd September court hearing (unless Bassini withdraws/does a deal of some sort, prior to it).
 
More than happy to be proved wrong though.

 

Edited by Sluffy
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

 

 

Rather FV than the loon

Of course, just annoying that if FV get the whole thing, they could’ve been cracking on with it since the club administrators announced the preferred bidder. Yet the hotel has been holding out for someone with more cash for ages and it’s just held everything up and pushed everyone to the limit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Of course, just annoying that if FV get the whole thing, they could’ve been cracking on with it since the club administrators announced the preferred bidder. Yet the hotel has been holding out for someone with more cash for ages and it’s just held everything up and pushed everyone to the limit.

I wonder if Sharron's business plan is the same as Michael's. It doesn't look like Deano's (lets have some cash out pronto) plan  was the same as Kenneth's when they took over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

 

Ken Anderson may be many things but he is not the fool he would have been had he taken on all that lot without the protection of the limited liability status owners and directors of the club have had since 1985.

The thing that gets me about Anderson is that everybody and their dog could see that the club was losing money hand over fist - except him apparently. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you continue to lose money year on year the only possible outcome is bankruptcy. Sure he made some minor cutbacks, sold our better young players and spent half his life begging us to buy more shirts but where was the business plan to bring the club to sustainability?

Bottom line - he didn't have one.

Add to that the rumours that he passed the opportunity to sell us on to wealthier owners two years ago because they wouldn't give him the golden handshake and to me he comes across as a self-serving egotistical incompetent who I wouldn't trust to run a bath let alone a football club.

The rumours of the potential sale may be disputable but the failure to get off the tracks when we could all see the train coming from miles away is not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Funnily enough just had a do with him now. "Maybe you can go help fill up Emptihad or come watch united with me innit"

Told in no uncertain terms not only do any other teams mean nothing to me I actually hate virtually everyone.

"I know man, look how much debt we're in cos of the Glazers look what they've done to us as well"

"You broke the world record transfer fee the other year, our staff have been using food banks. It's night and day."

"Suppose yeah. Oldham always looking for fans bro maybe you can go there"

I give up.

Are all your mates Asian gangsters? Innit, Bro. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

In which case, Ziggy,  you are as big a fool as Iles of the Beeno. The contracts were with the club or the hotel and the obligations of the club or hotel, not those of Ken Anderson or his family. So were the loans and other undertakings of the hotel and club.

Ken Anderson may be many things but he is not the fool he would have been had he taken on all that lot without the protection of the limited liability status owners and directors of the club have had since 1895.

Not Really.

I expect the person responsible for signing off a contract to ensure that the contract can be paid, before signing.

I expect someone who has given their personal word that something will be paid, to be paid. (As he did to the players, multiple times).

I dont expect a chairman to openly lie to his employees, promising them payment, whilst knowing he the company is unable to, and has no intention of paying it.

I obviously expect more of people than you do, but expectations usually reflect the self.

Have a good day.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

The thing that gets me about Anderson is that everybody and their dog could see that the club was losing money hand over fist - except him apparently. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you continue to lose money year on year the only possible outcome is bankruptcy. Sure he made some minor cutbacks, sold our better young players and spent half his life begging us to buy more shirts but where was the business plan to bring the club to sustainability?

Bottom line - he didn't have one.

Add to that the rumours that he passed the opportunity to sell us on to wealthier owners two years ago because they wouldn't give him the golden handshake and to me he comes across as a self-serving egotistical incompetent who I wouldn't trust to run a bath let alone a football club.

The rumours of the potential sale may be disputable but the failure to get off the tracks when we could all see the train coming from miles away is not.

Eh???

There might not have been anyone wanting to buy the club but you wanted him to do a moonlight and walk off anyway - even though he as a Director would still be personally financially responsible for its legal running?

How does that work then?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like a few on here I'm getting more pessimistic now about this whole saga and how it's going to end.

If we ever do get taken over whoever does it will have to fund a Club in League 2 with massive outgoings so I hope they've got the wonga to fund those losses.

They say it's darkest before the dawn....well it's getting pretty dark.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say I’m very impressed that as Nixon puts it FV still swinging, they are dogged for sure and seem to still want BWFC and that means a lot to me, if they get it I’ll back them 100% as long as they don’t sell the Crown Jewels to fund it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

Like a few on here I'm getting more pessimistic now about this whole saga and how it's going to end.

If we ever do get taken over whoever does it will have to fund a Club in League 2 with massive outgoings so I hope they've got the wonga to fund those losses.

They say it's darkest before the dawn....well it's getting pretty dark.

Unless you are being shot or hung at dawn

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Does he ^ and BWFC_Insane from The Wanderer = the same person?

 

12 hours ago, Sluffy said:

If you are asking me specifically, then I have no idea.

I seldom visit that site for many reasons.

 

 

You were a moderator on the Wanderer at one point weren't you but fell out with people and left

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Eh???

There might not have been anyone wanting to buy the club but you wanted him to do a moonlight and walk off anyway - even though he as a Director would still be personally financially responsible for its legal running?

How does that work then?

It works by having a business plan wherein income is increased and expenditure is reduced until you have a sustainable business that washes it's face. Or selling to someone who can.

As opposed to sitting on your hands for three years whilst the walls crumble around you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

 

You were a moderator on the Wanderer at one point weren't you but fell out with people and left

 

 

...and set up Boltonnuts to give himself a platform to pontificate and lecture people to his heart's content and ban people who he fell out with. Me for instance, allegedly for asking if his mental health was OK and thereby being abusive whereas the reality was that he couldn't understand the difference between speculation and stating something as fact and had a tendency to extrapolate and conflate to suit his pontification. As per the little exchange above:

Me: Anderson failed to do anything about the ongoing losses so he should have either sold out or put a plan in place.

Stuffy: You are saying that Anderson should have just walked away without selling on or putting a plan in place.

It really is difficult to get any sense out of someone who claims you are saying the opposite of what you're saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

It works by having a business plan wherein income is increased and expenditure is reduced until you have a sustainable business that washes it's face. Or selling to someone who can.

As opposed to sitting on your hands for three years whilst the walls crumble around you.

You aren't answering the question.

And you, me and everyone else knows it.

You said if he hadn't got anyone to sell to he should have walked away any way - which of course is legally and financially utter nonsense and why I asked you to explain - which obviously you couldn't.

If he had no one to sell the company to he had no other choice but to remain "on the tracks" whether he wanted to or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

In which case, Ziggy,  you are as big a fool as Iles of the Beeno. The contracts were with the club or the hotel and the obligations of the club or hotel, not those of Ken Anderson or his family. So were the loans and other undertakings of the hotel and club.

Ken Anderson may be many things but he is not the fool he would have been had he taken on all that lot without the protection of the limited liability status owners and directors of the club have had since 1895.

 

What are you going to do if and when this does get sorted and there's just a boring old football team to talk about? Argue on TripAdvisor with anyone who leaves a negative review on one of Ken's restaurants?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.