Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

meet him

he's either got £39M ready to go, or he hasn't

This.

It's two minutes to midnight, the time for being choosy is over. Maybe he's a fantasist, but maybe he's fronting for people who don't want to be public. Quite who picks Laurence as a credible frontman is another matter, but at this stage I couldn't care less if they're washing drug money or whatever. If he's got the money then hearing him out beats seeing all of this history being lost.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ProfessorWoland said:

This.

It's two minutes to midnight, the time for being choosy is over. Maybe he's a fantasist, but maybe he's fronting for people who don't want to be public. Quite who picks Laurence as a credible frontman is another matter, but at this stage I couldn't care less if they're washing drug money or whatever. If he's got the money then hearing him out beats seeing all of this history being lost.

People - lots of them - said this about Ken Anderson when he was the ONLY option (myself included).

Guest Nordkurve
14 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

That won't be a bad thing, points deductions will hurt, but we weren't getting any points anyway

If we get a points deduction but still have to fulfil the fixtures then that would be a bad thing. I think that could be the case. The deduction is for not fulfilling the Fixture at the original scheduled date. Nothing about not having to play it eventually, which we could still lose.

2 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

If we get a points deduction but still have to fulfil the fixtures then that would be a bad thing. I think that could be the case. The deduction is for not fulfilling the Fixture at the original scheduled date. Nothing about not having to play it eventually, which we could still lose.

But if we get through this we will have a much stronger team to put out, and therefore a more realistic chance of getting results.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If Laurence has the money, why doesn't he get down to wherever Appleton is and prove it.

Simon Jordon talking earlier about the admins role; Appleton will be a very busy man at the moment.

That's no excuse at all for not putting out a progress update every 7 minutes for the intelligensia of Twitter.

Pfff

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

People - lots of them - said this about Ken Anderson when he was the ONLY option (myself included).

That's another conversation, which worth having but I'd say discussing how we got to that point is probably something a lot of folk here have no wish to revisit, at least whilst the sword of Damocles is hanging over the very existence of the club. 

Bassini could have horns and a tail and flames in his eyes. Past caring right now,

Edited by ProfessorWoland

Guest Nordkurve
5 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

But if we get through this we will have a much stronger team to put out, and therefore a more realistic chance of getting results.

That's not a given. We will still only be able to pick up Players who are free agents or loanees.

• Site Supporter

There's a fucking BRILLIANT picture of the Bury mascot stood next to Lofty on Twitter.

It's just a head.

And it's the best thing I've seen all day.

Edited by Spider

2 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

That's not a given. We will still only be able to pick up Players who are free agents or loanees.

this season is a write off anyway, we're going down now, no matter what happens.....so a few extra points being taken off will make little of no difference in reality

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

There's a fucking BRILLIANT picture of the Bury mascot stood next to Lofty on Twitter.

It's just a head.

I think that's Tomski under the Bury mascot head

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

Not wanting to be in the side of a Sun journalist but Nixon has said the 2nd party would only move for the club if they were successful with buying the hotel.

A rhetorical question.

Why would any non supporter want to buy the club to save it?

Even if you use FV's quoted bid of £24m for the club AND hotel, which I assume would bump the total up to around £30m if you include PBP's 'hidden' contribution of £5.5m to the FV deal, then why buy us?

Nobody's going to get their money back on an almost certain L2 club next season.

If they someone wants to get the club via buying the hotel then surely it is what comes with the club they really want - ie the stadium including the land, car parks etc?

However as the book value of the stadium is estimated by Rubin's to be £20.4m to the club but the Estimated Sale of Asset is only £10.6m if bought separately (first page of Appendix 5 - Administrators report).

So if its the stadium and land they are after then why pay £30m when you could pick it up from liquidation at around a third of that?

Would it not be far easier and considerably less costly just to buy the hotel, watch the club fold, buy the stadium cheap (as only the hotel owner would be the only one to put the two halves of stadium and hotel together to do a property deal) and be crying Boohoohoo all the way to the bank?

Another rhetorical question.

If Bassini really wanted to buy the club and loves it so much then why doesn't he simply put £500k in the pot as a gift - no strings attached, non returnable, to keep the club going for a further two weeks and put the ball firmly in the Administrators and EFL's court as to his capabilities to buy the club if FV can't compete and pass the proof of funds and FPP test of the EFL and thus giving them the choice between him and the liquidation of the club?

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Spider said:

It's just a head.

Bad times. Bury mascot sells body for cash.