Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, Danny G said:

There are a few on here very close to the deal.

Remember who broke the story on here regarding Ken changing the goalposts hours before anybody else knew. 😜

Who was that? So much has been said and I have not read anything that seems to have materialised

In a pub in Bolton-le-Sands monitoring this thread with SSN on. Locals including Utd fans saying what a shit fest it is that it looks like Bury are going and we are in the mire  

Bobbed in beer garden for a tab and music piping through ... first one Bob Dylan Answer is in the wind ... does it mean hope  ?... second one Bob Dylan Knocking on heavens door. FFS. 

COYFWM

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

A rhetorical question.

Why would any non supporter want to buy the club to save it?

Even if you use FV's quoted bid of £24m for the club AND hotel, which I assume would bump the total up to around £30m if you include PBP's 'hidden' contribution of £5.5m to the FV deal, then why buy us?

Nobody's going to get their money back on an almost certain L2 club next season.

If they someone wants to get the club via buying the hotel then surely it is what comes with the club they really want - ie the stadium including the land, car parks etc?

However as the book value of the stadium is estimated by Rubin's to be £20.4m to the club but the Estimated Sale of Asset is only £10.6m if bought separately (first page of Appendix 5 - Administrators report).

So if its the stadium and land they are after then why pay £30m when you could pick it up from liquidation at around a third of that?

Would it not be far easier and considerably less costly just to buy the hotel, watch the club fold, buy the stadium cheap (as only the hotel owner would be the only one to put the two halves of stadium and hotel together to do a property deal) and be crying Boohoohoo all the way to the bank

Some similar sized  championship clubs turnover £30mil plus, so maybe it's a gamble to get back into the championship in as few years as possible, establish, then sell on?? The Academy is pretty decent, one of the top  30 ish in the country so maybe they can make money through player production. Can't really think of any other viable reasons.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Fuck it im driving up to the stadium to show my support even if it does mean fuck all by the time I get there 

If they need a few more hours to sort it, would you rather they did that, or just spent the time giving updates that are no different to this morning?

3 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Fuck it im driving up to the stadium to show my support even if it does mean fuck all by the time I get there 

If I lived nearer to the UOB, would have gone there myself, wearing my Lofthouse 1958 F. A. Cup Final shirt with pride. Happy birthday Lofty. 

Just now, L/H White said:

My god, did anyone just see that prick outside the ground on ssn? 

Biggest set of idiots on the planet our lot

It was a bit embarrassing, kids laughing and joking and then that bloke, who should know better, pretending to cry. I hope he gets run over on the way home