Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give it a fucking rest eh  ‘somebody’s moral expectations of someone are very different to the legal obligations you know that and I know that. So why don’t you lay off patronising folk Chris and

I really cannot wait for the day we don’t have to read the words moonshift, Inner fucking circle, blue bastard marble or any piece of shit word associated to this horrible draining 3 year bullshit sag

Fucking massive clear out coming on WW later, either way.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ani said:

So the 5PM deadline is by the EFL. Is today also the day the money runs out ? An EFL deadline is not as serious. 

My understanding is we haven’t a pot to piss in so yes it needs new owners by tonight

Have to say that all the fans who support other clubs in our small town have been coming up to me and the other local Wanderers fans expressing nothing but concern and offering nothing but support - they have been magnificent, despite them having to listen to me whingeing on about my concerns of what Anderson is doing to our club for the last three years. Definitely feeling the love for BWFC and if I was a religious man I would hope that's enough to see us through.

BBC breakfast this morning had a bit on it quoted Anderson has saying “ he as had no contact from the consortium or the trust since the administrators took over and not involved in any of the discussions and  not responsible for any of the delays for the last few months “

Just now, Farnywhite said:

BBC breakfast this morning had a bit on it quoted Anderson has saying “ he as had no contact from the consortium or the trust since the administrators took over and not involved in any of the discussions and  not responsible for any of the delays for the last few months “

He’s a moon man. Surely he doesn’t think anyone buys his bollocks anymore?

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Just read the kids version on newsround. Most sense any of it has made since the whole thing started! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49473602

If there editorial team could please explain the 5m loan from fildraw to ICI and how it seems to then turn into first 10m and then 0m on the same balance sheet I'd be eternally grateful.

Been wandering (appropriately) around in a daze today. Can't quite believe what I am hearing from the mother country.

I am hoping against hope that this is a (fucking dangerous) game of brinksmanship between the greasy fcuking bastard and Football Ventures and that by some miracle, we will be saved at the death a la Bury FC.

As others have said, I have been inundated with calls, e-mails, SMS messages etc from folk who can't quite believe that 'such a big club' could be brought to this. Particularly warm offerings from WHU and MUFC fans which is quite chastening. Nothing but sympathy and disbelief from all.

It should never have come to this but it seems that others will also experience this nightmare in the coming months/years and survival appears to be a bit of a lottery unless someone within the football hierarchy actually puts measures in place to effect a more even distribution of the squillions sloshing around within football to make sure that potential nurseries/feeder clubs for the big boys do not cease to exist.

Fucking well constipated today I've been so wound up by this.

26 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It should never have come to this but it seems that others will also experience this nightmare in the coming months/years

Bolton and Bury won't be the last, we might end up being saved, but it won't be long before a club is actually liquidated, I'd certainly expect it to happen in the next year or two. Sad times, but the game has been eating itself for years now, and a bit of a collapse was always going to happen at some point. It won't be long before a club like Stoke find themselves in our position I reckon

17 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

If there editorial team could please explain the 5m loan from fildraw to ICI and how it seems to then turn into first 10m and then 0m on the same balance sheet I'd be eternally grateful.

Good question Professor. Fildraw didn't lend the money to ICIL, which you will see from the accounts you'll find here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09782053/filing-history

The money was lent to Ken Anderson and another redacted name. That's probably Mrs Anderson secured on assets owned between the two of them with a back-up security on the small value of shares in BL. Can't see anybody lending £5m quid on the security of a £200K property, can you?

Anyway Mr and Mrs Anderson are unlikely to have seen much, if any, of the £5m most of it going to repay the Blumarble loan taken out in March 2016 by Holdsworth, legal costs and other overdue accounts of BWFC, before any of the rest left the solicitors office.

The £10m is different. See note 21 of the 2017 Group accounts here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09782053/filing-history

Then we have the £1.6m that Rubins reported was all that was owed to Ken. Ken says it should be £7.5m. Say no more about that for now. I'd prefer to avoid anotherTLDR.

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Parkinson is on The Debate tonight, Sky Sports 10pm.

I can't see him spilling any beans about what has gone on. Hopefully though, he wil get to talk about how the Club managed to survive this mess rather than how he was the last ever Bolton wanderers Manager. 

32 minutes ago, Traf said:

Football probably needs a big or well-known club to go bump to give it the reality check it badly needs.
I just hope it's not us.

Whilst I agree to a certain point, our potential demise won’t suddenly make a chairman / owner more conscientious. 

Theyre either financially cautious or reckless. I don’t think anyone will wake up tomorrow and think ‘I need to cut costs and remove our debt’

day to day demands of football doesn’t allow it. 

They’ll all keep treading water, preying they keep their heads from going under and only worry when they begin to drown.

In real terms they’re not arsed about what’s going on next door but one

Edited by barrycowdrill
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Seeing as he is doing everything through his "legal representatives" e.g. the ones who couldn't turn up to sign off the deal the other day he is probably telling the truth about having had no contact - he just omitted the word "direct".

The same could be said about "not involved with the discussions"  (directly as his legal representatives were protecting his interests for him) and "not responsible for the delays" (directly as his legal representatives were the ones who were causing the delays by e.g. "not being available" and asking for more at the last minute)

Mealy-mouthed as usual, but technically the statement is probably correct.