Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter

One of the massive issues these days is the huge nets the big clubs are casting out.

I've not looked into specific numbers but Chelsea had 40-50 players out on loan last year.  Thats fucking ridiculous.

These are players that would previously been released and filtered down the leagues and may possibly come good.  The system at the minute means fucks smaller clubs over as they arent getting these young players to develop any more.

There should be a limit on squad size and loans with no loan fees. 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Be reet

Hope you're right, but I'm really starting to think we're done.

Felt good last thing yesterday, expected some kind of statement this morning tbh.

Lack of updates has me thinking the relevant groups aren't even talking anymore.

Hope I'm wrong but just a gut feeling 😟

11 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

Felt good last thing yesterday, expected some kind of statement this morning tbh.

Lack of updates has me thinking the relevant groups aren't even talking anymore.

I think if they stopped talking the Admin would just pull the plug

13 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

If I was to guess I'd say its more likely at deadlock. They were hoping to get deal done last night  then again this morning. 

I'm not sure how long they leave it but I did hear they wouldn't let it get to Friday.....I think its fair enough to be worried right now. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If I was to guess I'd say its more likely at deadlock. They were hoping to get deal done last night  then again this morning. 

I'm not sure how long they leave it but I did hear they wouldn't let it get to Friday.....

Ah, so it may be ok to drag on into tomorrow.

Cheers, thought it needed doing today or that was it.

36 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

One of the massive issues these days is the huge nets the big clubs are casting out.

I've not looked into specific numbers but Chelsea had 40-50 players out on loan last year.  Thats fucking ridiculous.

These are players that would previously been released and filtered down the leagues and may possibly come good.  The system at the minute means fucks smaller clubs over as they arent getting these young players to develop any more.

There should be a limit on squad size and loans with no loan fees. 

Perhaps lower league clubs should just sack off their academies.  Loan any kids from clubs that have 50 kids on their books.  Refuse to pay a loan fee as well.

Offer the odd contract to any that aren't good enough for City, Chelsea, Hull etc. They get a reasonable wage (less than they were on in prem academies) & a chance to get picked up again after a couple of seasons with us.

1 minute ago, gregbwfc said:

Ah, so it may be ok to drag on into tomorrow.

Cheers, thought it needed doing today or that was it.

Nobody really knows - I suspect if they think a deal is "there" they will just let it go - because they won't want to pull plug. But threat is there to stop it dragging on and because ultimately they can't keep running us as we are. 

Pay is due Friday and if there isn't anything in kitty - then I suspect that would really force things. 

That James Firth who's an MP for Bury thinks he has a case to appeal the EFL's decision to expel them from the league . He's speaking to Government Minster shortly. James Firth says" The EFL have proof of funds from a further credible global organisation with bid agreed with Steve Dale." 

Won't it be great if somehow Bury manage to overturn the EFL decision, can see happening though.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Worryingly high number of people actually seriously entertaining the concept of a Bury v Bolton benefit match at Old Trafford in 2 weeks.

Hard to know where to start.

Anyway, Shania Twain is 54 today