Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It pisses me off that an ex chairman can be so pivotal in the survival of our club - if KA doesn’t sign, the takeover doesn’t happen.

I’ll be gobsmacked if he signs, thought for a long time now he’d prefer liquidation. 

• Replies 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give it a fucking rest eh  ‘somebody’s moral expectations of someone are very different to the legal obligations you know that and I know that. So why don’t you lay off patronising folk Chris and

I really cannot wait for the day we don’t have to read the words moonshift, Inner fucking circle, blue bastard marble or any piece of shit word associated to this horrible draining 3 year bullshit sag

Fucking massive clear out coming on WW later, either way.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

It's not up to the average fan to fund people much richer (and who stand to make much more from all of this) while they play a game of chicken.

If what we're led to believe is true (and I still think there must be more to it) EDT are either prepared to write off £7.5m or they aren't. Ken is either prepared to stop being a cunt or he isn't.

That's the impasse we're told. Give them a week, a month, a year and that's still the decision that needs to be made. No benefit in dragging it out.

Isn't it more than some is being paid but what isn't is a question of who is liable for it and what security is used against it?

That was my understanding. The EDT will not be allowed to just "write it off". They operate under trust rules. Ken isn't likely to want a situation where should something go awry (say remaining amount is secured against hotel but it goes bust) he is pursued for it down the line. The complexities of this are great - its not a simple thing to sort out. 

I imagine MJ will ultimately be asked to provide security or a guarantee to get around this. For a loan that has nowt to do with him. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll be gobsmacked if he signs, thought for a long time now he’d prefer liquidation. 

If he does though he'll be liable for the loan repayment. I'm not convinced it makes sense for him. We'll see. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If he does though he'll be liable for the loan repayment. I'm not convinced it makes sense for him. We'll see. 

Do you know how much he stands to make from the deal in general? How much is he owed as a secured creditor?

I assume if he does want it liquidated to not be held liable for the loan, there would need to be a loophole he can use. He's got too much experience being a conman to not have his exit strategy planned. 

Just now, SilentBob said:

Do you know how much he stands to make from the deal in general? How much is he owed as a secured creditor?

I assume if he does want it liquidated to not be held liable for the loan, there would need to be a loophole he can use. He's got too much experience being a conman to not have his exit strategy planned. 

If he causes us liquidate he'll be liable. 

I don't know what he will make from the deal, not sure anyone does  - he disputes the amounts he is owed and I doubt he'll be seeing a high % back. But if he gets a nice pay off and isn't liable for future debts isn't that a "win" for him?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I don't know what he will make from the deal, not sure anyone does  - he disputes the amounts he is owed and I doubt he'll be seeing a high % back. But if he gets a nice pay off and isn't liable for future debts isn't that a "win" for him?

Today programme said the deal fell through on Saturday because one party wanted £250k to sign the deal. No names, no pack drill.

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yeah, that definitely goes down as a win for him, but if he makes a couple million out of the deal and then needs to put his hand in his pocket for a further £5m, he'll go the liquidation route everyday. 

I don't know what the loans from ED were secured against (so this could be a stupid question), but unless he personally guaranteed them and didn't loan them through his company/secure against club, how would he be liable?

9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Is there a list of Ken’s restaurants, as I would like to avoid them in future?

Or organise a dirty protest.

ta

Langan's Brasserie is one.  I was reading tripadvisor reviews, sounds terrible.   

7 minutes ago, Danny G said:

Hotel staff due to be paid today, not happened.

Been told it will be Friday. 

Could imagine there will be a lot of panic now due to this especially with the threat of liquidation, suppose though that is for just the club not the hotel?

Edited by Okocha10
3 minutes ago, Danny G said:

Hotel staff due to be paid today, not happened.

Been told it will be Friday. 

That could be good news - they were due to be paid by the administrators, but this could mean they're now due to be paid by FV?

Just now, chrisw99 said:

That could be good news - they were due to be paid by the administrators, but this could mean they're now due to be paid by FV?

Or...

(I can't bring myself to say it)

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

We could do with a couple of home games this week so 25,000 people could donate £20, that would be a good start at least. I feel timing isn't on our side, nthey currently are for the club, o income for 4 weeks unless they sell STs which won't happen.

Last Saturday really was the last chance to prove the club could be saved.

Would that donation of £20 be as well as the entrance fee? Let's face it, no way, even when things are as perilous as they currently are for the club, we're getting 25k on. People don't seem to realise that it's partly the fault of the stay-away thousands who helped to create this situation.

Just now, MickyD said:

Would that donation of £20 be as well as the entrance fee? Let's face it, no way, even when things are as perilous as they currently are for the club, we're getting 25k on. People don't seem to realise that it's partly the fault of the stay-away thousands who helped to create this situation.

Kenneth would be bathing in £20 notes if that was the case I reckon, the stay always have made him play his hand as I see it

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Or nobody.

yep, that's where I was heading.

We've realistically got today & tomorrow at most. If the deal isn't complete by Friday 9am, we're finished as we won't be able to pay anyone and administration will have failed.

3 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

Please could you elaborate - are we looking like things are sorted with Ken and EDT?

Last I heard nobody had blinked.

Admin will have to pull the plug soon though. It can’t go on.