Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

basrans lot sounded quite good a few weeks back,probly dont have the funds but 

Yea, its the lack of funds that worried me. If they were struggling to get enough together to buy the club then I'd worry they had the money to fund us long term.

58 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

It is them, the ‘new bidder’ that Nixon went loco over was almost certainly a red herring. 

PA vets everybody before they even get close to the books.

Nixon probably thought it was the spoof 'Michael Greco of Eastenders' fame

18 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Have you signed an NDA Howard?

Just wondering why you don't just tell us who it is as an altruistic consequentialist would?

The fact is that Howard might not actually know the full facts as to who is behind this bid 

And assuming  he did know he would be betraying a lot of trusts and confidences If he were to tell us all 

Its likely that the purchasers identity will be revealed shortly in any event 

All we can really do at the moment is assume that the Dark Horse Bid team are working on the detail in order to get this deal over the line and concluded as quickly as possible 

That's my view for what its worth 

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Yes still 2nd April, Ken taking it to the wire in the hope of getting a silly bid.

Or maybe trying to get some improvement to the existing offer from the mystery bidder. None of us  know what the existing offer is but both sides should do their utmost to get together and finalise it this week. The permanent staff deserve that.

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Yes still 2nd April, Ken taking it to the wire in the hope of getting a silly bid.

How would it work though Howard if Ken say got an improved offer from a new bidder on the 2nd. Would they have to have completed the deal before the 3rd in order for us to avoid liquidation (which would be almost impossible in such a short time frame), or would it be a similar situation to last time where it could be adjourned again as long as the right assurances were given?

If the latter was not an option then surely there isn’t enough time for a new bidder to get involved at this point?

11 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I suppose the only thing that might change that is if he feels under pressure re wages? I don't know - he might feel bad....

But he risks not getting anything. If I knew he'd been trying to sell elsewhere I'd be cutting him out 

7 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Howard 

If the dark horse bid team have had their bid accepted and heads of terms are in place and they now have lawyers working on the detail , would the dark horse bid team not have sought to avoid the possibility of a late bid by pinning down KA and particularly what KA gets out of this deal first and foremost , knowing the character they are dealing with , and then sorting everything else out on the back of that . In other words do you realistically think the dark horse team would leave themselves open to another bidder , silly or otherwise turning up at this late stage ? 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How would it work though Howard if Ken say got an improved offer from a new bidder on the 2nd. Would they have to have completed the deal before the 3rd in order for us to avoid liquidation (which would be almost impossible in such a short time frame), or would it be a similar situation to last time where it could be adjourned again as long as the right assurances were given?

If the latter was not an option then surely there isn’t enough time for a new bidder to get involved at this point?

He would need a new bidder to complete and be approved by the 1st of April. On the 2nd he loses both control and his payoff. 

Liquidation now isn’t an option as I imagine the first payment by the new owners on the 2nd would be to HMRC, alternatively they might go to court to request a further adjournment whilst they sort payments out. A completed takeover would probably get an adjournment.

2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Howard 

If the dark horse bid team have had their bid accepted and heads of terms are in place and they now have lawyers working on the detail , would the dark horse bid team not have sought to avoid the possibility of a late bid by pinning down KA and particularly what KA gets out of this deal first and foremost , knowing the character they are dealing with , and then sorting everything else out on the back of that . In other words do you realistically think the dark horse team would leave themselves open to another bidder , silly or otherwise turning up at this late stage ? 

I believe that has occurred, yes, however Ken now has that as a set in stone fall back option. 

I truly think he knows that these guys will complete, irrespective of his actions, that frees him up to seek a higher payday, all the while knowing if he can’t find one he will get paid anyway.

Just now, Howardroark said:

I believe that has occurred, yes, however Ken now has that as a set in stone fall back option. 

I truly think he knows that these guys will complete, irrespective of his actions, that frees him up to seek a higher payday, all the while knowing if he can’t find one he will get paid anyway.

I can accept its theoretically possible but in reality I honestly cannot see it happening 

Does  that suggest that Ken may stand to get little or nowt other than what he's already had, net of the money he had to find to get Holdsworth, Blumarble and Quantuma out of the picture? Then there's PA to consider. Did Ken promise him something for his efforts? Isn't he the one that Ken's needed to hold it all together for the last three years?

Edited by Chris Custodiet