Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

February's wages were paid from the hotel account.  AFAIK that's not been paid back (happy to be corrected).  So the Winder on the hotel will have to be dealt with in full, any admin/liquidation on the hotel prior to 8th May will see that money requested back from the club.  And there's none to pay it.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Howardroark said:

Possible, although it was taken out of BWFC per se. ICI used assets it held in BWFC as collateral and then placed the debt with BWFC in the form of an intercompany obligation. 

Admittance would result in an embargo.

Can't you present this evidence to the efl?

Not sure it would make much difference, but we'd all feel better.

1 minute ago, chrisw99 said:

Just listened to Talksports headinlines at 12.    "Laurence Bassini has bought Bolton Wanderers".  Soundbite from Shaun Harvey "Give the man a chance"

So the head of EFL wants us long suffering supporters to give a chance to the guy that’s been bankrupt twice, extremely corrupt, almost ruined a football club before. The head of the English football league wants us to give this character a 37th chance? 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't you present this evidence to the efl?

Not sure it would make much difference, but we'd all feel better.

Only under subpoena and a transfer embargo would follow

Edited by Howardroark
A

1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

So the head of EFL wants us long suffering supporters to give a chance to the guy that’s been bankrupt twice, extremely corrupt, almost ruined a football club before. The head of the English football league wants us to give this character a 37th chance? 

That's where I am at too. Truly Depressing.

Just now, RatchetMan said:

I’m not having a go. I just doubt that your lads have the financial clout required considering you’re being outbid by Laurence Bassini

Unfortunately that isn’t the case, we won’t be used as the fluffer for a more corrupt offer.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

So what would it take for a suitable action to be started?

You’d have to fund a forensic examination of ICI and BWFC as well as the loan company 

Edited by Howardroark
A

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

What he was saying was that if the EFL block this the club will likely be liquidated - so what would you have them do. 

Bassini being bankrupt simply cannot have the money, so he must be being used as a front by someone else.  Maybe simply because he has been through the legal process before of buying a football club.   Big Sam with foreign backing??

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What he was saying was that if the EFL block this the club will likely be liquidated - so what would you have them do. 

I’d have had them searching high and low a long time ago for potential new respected buyers. Our troubles have been highly documented for years now, they’d have known back when they approved Ken Anderson that he didn’t have a long term solution 

Just now, Plums said:

I wonder if a collection of fans, or trust for example could sue the EFL for neglect of duties in processing fit and proper persons? 

New levels of simpletonness. We aren’t in the USA 

Just now, Plums said:

I wonder if a collection of fans, or trust for example could sue the EFL for neglect of duties in processing fit and proper persons? 

It isn’t a ruling open to interpretation, it’s a fact based assessment that KA passed. 

You could argue for a more stringent assessment with previous bankruptcy being an outright barring, but many people are successful after a bankruptcy.

1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

I’d have had them searching high and low a long time ago for potential new respected buyers. Our troubles have been highly documented for years now, they’d have known back when they approved Ken Anderson that he didn’t have a long term solution 

The EFL cannot do that - because they cannot force the sale of a privately owned business. Nor can they force Ken to sell.

I think you've got to be realistic. By no means is Bassini a certainty, but seems there is little else. 

I have to say I'm quite surprised at the length of the adjournment, must have found a lenient judge on a good day.

Bassini is very much just a front for a consortium of far eastern business men, not just Thai, there is also funds from the Philippines, and quite possibly Singapore. Believe me, he will be kept in check if this tranfer of ownership goes through

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The EFL cannot do that - because they cannot force the sale of a privately owned business. Nor can they force Ken to sell.

I think you've got to be realistic. By no means is Bassini a certainty, but seems there is little else. 

Spin it how you like. The fact is, the EFL have failed miserably, they are able to work alongside the club and make recommendations to Anderson. They’ve sat back and allowed him to build this circus 

1 minute ago, John Galt said:

I have to say I'm quite surprised at the length of the adjournment, must have found a lenient judge on a good day.

Bassini is very much just a front for a consortium of far eastern business men, not just Thai, there is also funds from the Philippines, and quite possibly Singapore. Believe me, he will be kept in check if this tranfer of ownership goes through

The creditor representative asked for such a delay...not sure why....

What I would say about the EFL is that their FFP rules will limit the number of wealthy buyers as promotions cannot be ‘bought’ without somehow hyper inflating turnover. 

Im not linking the two, but there have long been rumours that a certain Thai owner would privately fund an associates purchase of an EFL team with a view to being able to inflate turnover via received transfer fees.