Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

5 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Sorry if we're talking at cross purposes - I'm looking at the Balance Sheet of Burnden Leisure.

image.png.ab990534e215e3be5d89345b713140e9.png

..which is what Anderson bought and included BWFCA

image.png

Your looking at the Group Balance Sheet and have missed off creditors due in more than one year

Here's some more, simple maths:

• Unibol Max capacity = 28,723
  • 23 league games + 3 cup matches = 26
  • Ticket price £50
  • 28,723 x 26 x 50 = 37,339,900

So that's £37,339,000 if we sell out every game, with no season ticket holders, and every fan pays £50 per game.

West Brom will receive about £45 million from the premier league this season.  So even if they close their ground to fans, and get no money whatsoever from gate receipts, their income would still be higher than ours, even in the ludicrous picture I paint above.  

10 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

Here's some more, simple maths:

• Unibol Max capacity = 28,723
  • 23 league games + 3 cup matches = 26
  • Ticket price £50
  • 28,723 x 26 x 50 = 37,339,900

So that's £37,339,000 if we sell out every game, with no season ticket holders, and every fan pays £50 per game.

West Brom will receive about £45 million from the premier league this season.  So even if they close their ground to fans, and get no money whatsoever from gate receipts, their income would still be higher than ours, even in the ludicrous picture I paint above.  

If football is a religion then we might do better with the tithe system some religions employ whereby "members" sign over e.g. 10% of their income. If BWFC registered as a charity there would be tax breaks. Reforming as "the Charitable Cult of BWFC" could propel us into the rich list :)

And just because I am bored at lunch time.....

Let's assume Bassini buys us, pays the debts, is as good as his word and gets us into the Premier League.  To do that, he'll need to pay for:

• Our current debts at £35 million (still don't really know what these are but this is likely the maximum value of secured debt we can have)
  • Fund ongoing losses next season and get us out of league 1 - say another £10 million on wages with free transfers and loan signings and absolutely no transfer fees.  
  • Fund promotion to Premier League from Championship.  Probably need to spend absolute minimum £30 million on players, £50 million wage bill. Assuming we gets lots of  top players on loan from Premier league teams and we pay their wages,  This is bargain basement stuff we'd need an amazing manager to achieve this on these amounts in 1 year, it's less than Fulham spent
  • Fund new signings for Premier league of at least another £30 million, on top of all the other wages assuming we keep all the loanees, plus another £50 million in wages. This is bargain basement stuff, less than Fulham spent on deadline day
  • That's over £200 million

How's he got that when he couldn't pay his fucking rent.  This whole situation is a farce, anyone who believes someone is going to fund these costs is living in cloud cuckoo land

27 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

If football is a religion then we might do better with the tithe system some religions employ whereby "members" sign over e.g. 10% of their income. If BWFC registered as a charity there would be tax breaks. Reforming as "the Charitable Cult of BWFC" could propel us into the rich list :)

That works.  There's 112,000 people in employment in Bolton.  The average wage in Bolton is £26,100.  

112,000 x 26100 x 0.1 = £292,320,000.  That's it problem solved.  The "living in Bolton, having a job and supporting the Wanderers tax".  Get that on the council tax. Hoppy's a genius 🙂

Edited by irvtheswerv
Typo

32 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

That's right. I am.

So what we see, when all is taken into account, is a small increase in the net liabilities between 2016 and 2017 largely because Eddie wrote off another £5.2million which helped offset the operating losses.

I'd expect to see a slightly improved balance sheet in 2018 arising out of a small profit for the year following the Madine sale. Then we are back to whether any of the £10m remaining Moonshift loan was written off in 2017/18. If it was, it should result in a further improved balance sheet but that wouldn't really help the cash flow storm that was brewing and that was bound to hit hard without new money coming in to subsidise running costs.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

8 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

Let's assume Bassini buys us, pays the debts, is as good as his word and gets us into the Premier League.  To do that, he'll need to pay for:

• Our current debts at £35 million (still don't really know what these are but this is likely the maximum value of secured debt we can have)
  • Fund ongoing losses next season and get us out of league 1 - say another £10 million on wages with free transfers and loan signings and absolutely no transfer fees.  
  • Fund promotion to Premier League from Championship.  Probably need to spend absolute minimum £30 million on players, £50 million wage bill. Assuming we gets lots of  top players on loan from Premier league teams and we pay their wages,  This is bargain basement stuff we'd need an amazing manager to achieve this on these amounts in 1 year, it's less than Fulham spent
  • Fund new signings for Premier league of at least another £30 million, on top of all the other wages assuming we keep all the loanees, plus another £50 million in wages. This is bargain basement stuff, less than Fulham spent on deadline day

How's he got that when he couldn't pay his fucking rent.  This whole situation is a farce, anyone who believes someone is going to fund these costs is living in cloud cuckoo land

since he said that sounds like hes just telling us what we want to hear. but he did sem to back track on last interview ules he has backers. he is defo ka on steroids. 

20 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

Have a +1 from me. Lot of fans like to ignore the accounts because they tell a story they do not like. 

We are fucked unless someone bankrolls us. We hit the heights and dropped from them at the wrong time. Just at the start of the money explosion. We have no buffer nor have we ever adapted to the reality of our situation. 

Unless someone literally pumps 100M plus into the club we're going to at best be back here in a few years time. 

1 hour ago, irvtheswerv said:

How much does each club get for 1 season in premier league though? TV money is approx £100 million each, so that knocks it down a bit

West Brom got £94 million. Burnley got about £115. That's nowt to do with it though. They're still getting their gate receipts and other income on top of this.

The £200 million would be needed as a minimum figure to get to premier league. Chucking £200 million in over 3 years just means we're at least a further £150 million behind Burnley if they're not relegated. 

We'll not get back in the premier league, just have to deal with it. 

1 minute ago, irvtheswerv said:

And that's ignoring the fact that Burnley have spent over £75 million on players in less than 2 seasons.

And if you analyse that it means that Burnley - to be a bottom half/middling premiership side have spent probably more on players in 2 seasons than BWFC have in their entire history. Certainly at best approaching it. 

55 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

That works.  There's 112,000 people in employment in Bolton.  The average wage in Bolton is £26,100.  

112,000 x 26100 x 0.1 = £292,320,000.  That's it problem solved.  The "living in Bolton, having a job and supporting the Wanderers tax".  Get that on the council tax. Hoppy's a genius 🙂

:) I was thinking more like 15k fans x 2610 = £39 million a year + 25% reclaimable by the club/charity = £49 million plus EFL income, corporate "charitable donations", away fans ticket sales. etc.

Fans get tax relief on their "donation" value, free admission to all home games, "kids for a quid",  and an "I saved the Wanderers" T-shirt, tea towel and coffee mug - and probably a better atmosphere at the games. 

The "charity" would be community charity in the business of providing free access to sporting activities or some other bullshit classification.

OK I'm talking shite but somebody needs to start thinking creatively of how the hell to get us out of this mess.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

And that's ignoring the fact that Burnley have spent over £75 million on players in less than 2 seasons.

Slightly qualified by outgoing transfers though...

Keane - £25m

Vokes - £9m

Gray - £19m

Darikwa - £1m

Jones - £2.5m

Jutkiewicz - £1m

Total - £57.5m

18 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

So it looks like Bassini (who is potentially full of shit) or liquidation at the moment. 

I think I know what I'd prefer. 

Obviously Bassini unless you are a moronic simpleton. Fuck me. Bolton surviving v going to the wall isnt even a choice.

1 minute ago, Big E said:

Obviously Bassini unless you are a moronic simpleton. Fuck me. Bolton surviving v going to the wall isnt even a choice.

Exactly, no doubt the vocal idiots on Facebook will think differently. 

25 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Slightly qualified by outgoing transfers though...

Keane - £25m

Vokes - £9m

Gray - £19m

Darikwa - £1m

Jones - £2.5m

Jutkiewicz - £1m

Total - £57.5m

Yes that's very true. I should imagine those players weren't all free to start with so had a cost. It's not transparent and not easy to work out.

Also transfer fees aren't paid in full it's all on the drip so that makes a difference and even more difficult to figure out. Just all together highlights the huge gap in finances.

4 minutes ago, Big E said:

It would only be Bassini if he shows the league some money. Even some money is better than liquidation. 

I've come to the conclusion that some of our fans would love to see us liquidated. 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It would only be Bassini if he shows the league some money. Even some money is better than liquidation. 

I've come to the conclusion that some of our fans would love to see us liquidated. 

god only knows why. If the club were to be liquidated I think I'll be done with football. 

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think they don't know what it means. Think it's just like administration and just lose a few points.

19 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

7 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

I think they don't know what it means. Think it's just like administration and just lose a few points.

Sadly true, there are still people on Twitter who are saying they would much rather liquidation than KA being here for a minute longer, or KA selling to Bassini.

They may well get their wish come true

As has been said a few times in this thread, a "big" club has to go bust sooner or later, and in reality, the league should be pushing for it to happen, as everybody is getting deeper and deeper into the mire. We, unfortunately, could be the club that's made an example of, although we certainly won't be the last

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Sadly true, there are still people on Twitter who are saying they would much rather liquidation than KA being here for a minute longer, or KA selling to Bassini.

They may well get their wish come true

As has been said a few times in this thread, a "big" club has to go bust sooner or later, and in reality, the league should be pushing for it to happen, as everybody is getting deeper and deeper into the mire. We, unfortunately, could be the club that's made an example of, although we certainly won't be the last

hoprfully at worst admin. think stonefrost said we would prefare admin last time