Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

33 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It would only be Bassini if he shows the league some money. Even some money is better than liquidation. 

I've come to the conclusion that some of our fans would love to see us liquidated. 

They'd rather be right, on the internet of a load of strangers, that a businessman is crooked, than the team they purport to support survive, let alone thrive

The mind boggles

Well theirs doesn't because they don't have one, they're just hysterical sheep. If it's not BWFC ownership, it'll be the local immigrants or someone else's fault that their soulless lives are a miserable drudgery of a (non)existence.

And that's me being nice about the bell ends :)

Just now, jules_darby said:

They'd rather be right, on the internet of a load of strangers, that a businessman is crooked, than the team they purport to support survive, let alone thrive

The mind boggles

Well theirs doesn't because they don't have one, they're just hysterical sheep. If it's not BWFC ownership, it'll be the local immigrants or someone else's fault that their soulless lives are a miserable drudgery of a (non)existence.

And that's me being nice about the bell ends :)

You said it not me....I think you have a mixture of them and the self-righteous Firth's of this world who cannot cope with the need for private investment into the football club...

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Have a +1 from me. Lot of fans like to ignore the accounts because they tell a story they do not like. 

We are fucked unless someone bankrolls us. We hit the heights and dropped from them at the wrong time. Just at the start of the money explosion. We have no buffer nor have we ever adapted to the reality of our situation. 

Unless someone literally pumps 100M plus into the club we're going to at best be back here in a few years time. 

Doesn’t suit the narrative though. 

Theres a secret money drain remember.

I still can’t get my head around the fact that after even all this time, after all the debate and trauma we’ve all been through, people still can’t simply grasp the basic economics of it all. 

Opinions on those in charge matter not, opinions on their persona or way they handle things matter not. The plain and simple fact is that we don’t have enough money coming into the club to pay the bills, wages and remain competitive on the field all at the same time.

Everyone is in the same boat, but not everyone has an owner with no money or no intention of putting any money in. Until we find one daft enough we’re fucked.  

Edited by gonzo

22 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Doesn’t suit the narrative though. 

Theres a secret money drain remember.

I still can’t get my head around the fact that after even all this time, after all the debate and trauma we’ve all been through, people still can’t simply grasp the basic economics of it all. 

Opinions on those in charge matter not, opinions on their persona or way they handle things matter not. The plain and simple fact is that we don’t have enough money coming into the club to pay the bills, wages and remain competitive on the field all at the same time.

Everyone is in the same boat, but not everyone has an owner with no money or no intention of putting any money in. Until we find one daft enough we’re fucked.  

I’d wait until the accounts are published before commenting on what has happened during KA ownership, think the truth will out and it’ll all become very clear and transparent for all too see. 

That’s if you choose to believe the accounts or continue to think Ken’s a good egg and done to right by the club. 

• Moderators

without checking cos i cant be arsed

ive got

gate receipts at about 3

hiotel at about 7 in, but 7 out

efl monies at 7 million - prob is worth a check this one, but if i'm right

gives us 10 to spend

lets say the football wages accounts for 60%, i believe this is deemed to be good practice in the mad world of football

6 million for football wages

500k million for non playing staff

5.5 million between 20  first team pros, would leave us paying about 5k a week average

doesnt need that big a drain to leave us potless

2 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

:) I was thinking more like 15k fans x 2610 = £39 million a year + 25% reclaimable by the club/charity = £49 million plus EFL income, corporate "charitable donations", away fans ticket sales. etc.

Fans get tax relief on their "donation" value, free admission to all home games, "kids for a quid",  and an "I saved the Wanderers" T-shirt, tea towel and coffee mug - and probably a better atmosphere at the games. 

The "charity" would be community charity in the business of providing free access to sporting activities or some other bullshit classification.

OK I'm talking shite but somebody needs to start thinking creatively of how the hell to get us out of this mess.

It could end up that the fans are our last hope..if say 10 k fans were to invest 5 k, that £ 50 million ... local businesses and millionaires could top that up ,club owned buy the supporters would want it to work, maybe volunteers to help with day to day maintenance , match days etc... Portsmouth after years of decline after terrible owners ,took control of their club, and now are on their way back.

2 minutes ago, lofthouse said:

It could end up that the fans are our last hope..if say 10 k fans were to invest 5 k, that £ 50 million ..

This is the best moonman comment I've ever read on here. 

Couldn't get 10k to tip up a fiver on Saturday. You've cock all chance of getting anywhere near that number 'investing' anywhere near that much. 

38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d wait until the accounts are published before commenting on what has happened during KA ownership, think the truth will out and it’ll all become very clear and transparent for all too see. 

That’s if you choose to believe the accounts or continue to think Ken’s a good egg and done to right by the club. 

I never mentioned ken being a good egg or done right by the club.

ED and PG had the club at heart, ED pumped £180m+ in to the place and we still ran out of money and ended up in the same situation we find ourselves in now.

PG was Bolton through and through but his decisions and actions led to the very same place as well.

KA could be the patron saint of boltonia, it matters fuck all if we have less money coming in than we have going out.

The latest set of accounts will make grim reading, just like the last dozen. 

2 hours ago, dazl1212 said:

So it looks like Bassini (who is potentially full of shit) or liquidation at the moment. 

I think I know what I'd prefer. 

Neither option fill me with joy but If we are still in business at least there is still glimmer of hope we could attract a wealthy owner, after all Watford done ok post Bassini. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

ED and PG had the club at heart, ED pumped £180m+ in to the place and we still ran out of money and ended up in the same situation we find ourselves in now.

PG was Bolton through and through but his decisions and actions led to the very same place as well.

KA could be the patron saint of boltonia, it matters fuck all if we have less money coming in than we have going out.

The next set 17/18 will likely be okay with the operating loss offset by the profit on disposal of Madine. 

The 18/19 will make for grim reading, though ironically, as you have pointed out, not as grim as most of the rest of the division.

It's the model that's fucked, you nailed it earlier. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My guess and yes I’m guessing is that the accounts will show just how far ken has shafted the club, forget we spend more than we earn the accounts covering his tenure particularly the last 2 years of ownership fill me with dread. 

• Site Supporter

A lot of information recently.

One interesting snippet from Irv, that the average championship wage is £360000. £7k a week.

If we have 20 players on that I'd be amazed, and if we did then surely that would come back to KA- he's the guy who agrees the contracts and I'm fairly sure that all current players were given contracts by him.

I think I'll wait until he's gone and accounts have been published and fully investigated.

Just now, ProfessorWoland said:

I find that difficult to believe.

Appreciate that you are new but it has been through a zillion times on here.

Eddie - the poster on here, not the late benefactor, went through years of accounts and got it to about £150 million if you exclude rolled up interest. 

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Neither option fill me with joy but If we are still in business at least there is still glimmer of hope we could attract a wealthy owner, after all Watford done ok post Bassini. 

My thoughts exactly, I'm clinging to the hope that he is just a front-man to a really rich consortium.