Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

22 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I remember thinking when we moved into our spanking new stadium then signed Robbie Elliot - how we paying for all this?

I think we're paying for it now.

BWFC - born to be skint.

The stadium was always going to be an albatross around our necks , but how much would redeveloping burden have cost? , regarding players fees  they were more than recouped by the sales that have been mentioned in other posts.

49 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

What I would give for a Colin Todd type manager now, instead of this fucking inept clown.

A Colin Todd type manager wouldnt touch this shitstorm with a bargepole

1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Let’s not forget the £2.5m and £4m profits made from Jensen and Gudjohnsen in the year after his departure too. 

Who we had to sell to pay the bills even back then.

1 minute ago, hughmungus said:

Who we had to sell to pay the bills even back then.

Played some great football in those seasons after premier league. And still couldn't get numbers through the door.

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Played some great football in those seasons after premier league. And still couldn't get numbers through the door.

I remember a midweek match away to Huddersfield , we lost 3-2 I think but the football was brilliant and were very unlucky to lose.

6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I remember a midweek match away to Huddersfield , we lost 3-2 I think but the football was brilliant and were very unlucky to lose.

Aye remember that. Think Johansen and Holdworth scored. 

Went really close at the end. 

Fuckin ell ask me to go Huddersfield on a Tuesday night nowadays :D

7 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I also remember around that time beating Palace at home live on Sky 3-0 and we were great. In fact most home games had quality and goals, they made it cheap tickets for Bradford on Boxing Day, sold out and it was an awful 0-0. Standard!

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

You won’t be missed

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Remember their manager running on the field at he end to carry the goalie off - he had an absolute blinder.

6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

You won’t be missed

:D it appears not haha

6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

You won’t be missed

Late winner here from Jules :lol:

Doesn't seem to get mentioned ever but when staff and players don't get paid then I'm guessing PP isn't getting anything either. Guaranteed BSA would have wanted his money or these other potential saviours  like Warnock et al.

Ignoring the obvious "he's shut so shouldn't be getting paid" replies I honestly wonder how much it will turn out that when its all written down that PP kept it all together for us in spite of the financial situation and some players behaving like prima donnas.

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Was it 3-0 at half time? Battered them in the second half Goalie saved everything for them. Think there was a big turn out of bolton fans if I remember rightly 

11 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I also remember around that time beating Palace at home live on Sky 3-0 and we were great. In fact most home games had quality and goals, they made it cheap tickets for Bradford on Boxing Day, sold out and it was an awful 0-0. Standard!

Yes it was a funny season  , we started well then had a wobble , then started chasing Sunderland down and then we went to shit , did we just scrape in the play offs ? . Mind you Steve Banks in the net didn' t help , he was wank.

12 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

Remember their manager running on the field at he end to carry the goalie off - he had an absolute blinder.

Was it Peter Jackson ?.

4 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Yes it was a funny season  , we started well then had a wobble , then started chasing Sunderland down and then we went to shit , did we just scrape in the play offs ? . Mind you Steve Banks in the net didn' t help , he was wank.

Had to check results for that I always get the two Ipswich play off seasons mixed up. 

This one was scraped, not helped by losing at Bury which was also on Sky IIRC

28 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Was that the one when it absolutely pissed it down? 

5 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I honestly wonder how much it will turn out that when its all written down that PP kept it all together for us in spite of the financial situation and some players behaving like prima donnas.

I've thought similar the last few weeks. 

On the pitch we're still dog shit but I reckon Phil has took a fair brunt of the shit from the playing squad off the pitch whilst getting radio silence from sweaty Ken. 

Wouldn't want to be in his unpaid shoes for love nor money. 

14 minutes ago, darrener said:

Was it 3-0 at half time? Battered them in the second half Goalie saved everything for them. Think there was a big turn out of bolton fans if I remember rightly 

I Remember the Home game against Sunderland , we absolutely battered them and somehow lost 3-0 , it was also on TV I think.

14 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Was it Peter Jackson ?.

Dunno mate, sounds about right though

10 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Had to check results for that I always get the two Ipswich play off seasons mixed up. 

This one was scraped, not helped by losing at Bury which was also on Sky IIRC

Think we beat wolves on a Friday night to get us in to play off spots instead of them?

We signed Ritchie and that Alan Johnson chap and it turned the season. 

Or was that the Barry Knight season? 

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I've thought similar the last few weeks. 

On the pitch we're still dog shit but I reckon Phil has took a fair brunt of the shit from the playing squad off the pitch whilst getting radio silence from sweaty Ken. 

Wouldn't want to be in his unpaid shoes for love nor money. 

Totally agree. It’s gone way beyond wrong players, wrong tactics, wrong formations. For Parkinson now he’s just trying to look after his players. Unless he’s been pressed he hasn’t used the problems as an excuse. Don’t get me wrong new money, new owners would mean new change at the top. But he’s not a twat, he’s not a cunt and hatred pointed in his direction for me is displaced. I think he’s handled himself with dignity and professionalism 

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Think we beat wolves on a Friday night to get us in to play off spots instead of them?

We signed them in the barry knight season and both played in the play off game 

Johnson scored a belter and Ritchie gave away a stupid penalty 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It's complicated , we drew with Wolves at home 1-1 and then won away at Portsmouth in the Watford year (1998/99) to pip Wolves by 3 points, then in the Twat Knight year (1999/00) we beat Wolves 2-1 and then beat Norwich 2-1 to pip Wolves by 2 points.the 1-1 draw was the Friday night game.

Edited by dusan nikolic