Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Johnston*

He could teach our current wingers a thing or two about playing on the ‘wrong’ wing and cutting inside. 

Ritchie was quality as well. 

The Wolves game must have been the previous season (Watford final) as I’m sure Eidur scored? 

6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

We signed them in the barry knight season and both played in the play off game 

Johnson scored a belter and Ritchie gave away a stupid penalty 

No stupid penalty, it was a quality challenge... just a bent cunt for a referee. 

10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Think we beat wolves on a Friday night to get us in to play off spots instead of them?

We signed Ritchie and that Alan Johnson chap and it turned the season. 

Or was that the Barry Knight season? 

It all begins to mould into one... Where do Jon Newsome and Paul Warhurst fit in?

Or John O'Kane?!

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Johnston*

He could teach our current wingers a thing or two about playing on the ‘wrong’ wing and cutting inside. 

Ritchie was quality as well. 

The Wolves game must have been the previous season (Watford final) as I’m sure Eidur scored? 

Gardner scored in the 1-1 draws in the Watford year, gudjohnson scored the season after.

Edited by dusan nikolic

6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Gardner scored in the 1-1 draws in the Watford year, gudjohnson scored the season after.

Apologies, you’re right. Had it in my head that Gudjohnsen left after the Watford game but he wouldn’t have got a game for the Dog & Duck after how many chances he missed that day. 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Apologies, you’re right. Had it in my head that Gudjohnsen left after the Watford game but he wouldn’t have got a game for the Dog & Duck after how many chances he missed that day. 

Your ok mate , I wouldn't have known only for my Bolton complete record book I keep handy , thankfully it doesn't include the last 8 years.

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Doesn't seem to get mentioned ever but when staff and players don't get paid then I'm guessing PP isn't getting anything either. Guaranteed BSA would have wanted his money or these other potential saviours  like Warnock et al.

Ignoring the obvious "he's shut so shouldn't be getting paid" replies I honestly wonder how much it will turn out that when its all written down that PP kept it all together for us in spite of the financial situation and some players behaving like prima donnas.

Without a doubt

He's helped that there's nowhere for em to go, but I think simply getting a team on the pitch would've been beyond a lesser bloke

23 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Players privy to a lot more info than us, some of em gave up ages ago 

You mean before QPR ? 

15 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

As I said, hindsight. As I also said Todd earned his go at the Prem after one of the greatest seasons in our history but I guess you were the only one shouting Todd out on the last night at Burnden? 

I was never convinced that hammering the likes of Swindon, Charlton and Oxford meant we were as good as the likes of Coventry, Everton and Southampton.During the summer because of the money spent on Cox, Elliott, Fish etc we were fancied strongly to stay up by the bookies.Two games in after an impressive four points we were available at 5-1 to go down.I put a fortnights  wages on at 5-1 and then that same night we lost at Barnsley and the price dropped to 5-2.I regretted putting the bet on as the season went on because the money involved was making me not that arsed about winning or losing.My gut instinct was right and we went down but it taught me a life lesson - don't bet against your team to such an extent that you aren't arsed about the results,

18 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I was never convinced that hammering the likes of Swindon, Charlton and Oxford meant we were as good as the likes of Coventry, Everton and Southampton.During the summer because of the money spent on Cox, Elliott, Fish etc we were fancied strongly to stay up by the bookies.Two games in after an impressive four points we were available at 5-1 to go down.I put a fortnights  wages on at 5-1 and then that same night we lost at Barnsley and the price dropped to 5-2.I regretted putting the bet on as the season went on because the money involved was making me not that arsed about winning or losing.My gut instinct was right and we went down but it taught me a life lesson - don't bet against your team to such an extent that you aren't arsed about the results,

Everytime I read one of your posts, I can hear the mournful sound of a single bugle playing the last post in my head.

Anyone reporting from court on the Hotel Winding up petition?  https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3092965

I have just noticed that the petitioner's solicitor is Gateley's.  These are one of the companies who are appointed by HMRC once companies are placed in liquidation. Anyone know if HMRC have jumped on this petition as well?

27 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It is a bit like certain posters on here decide that certain players/managers/owners are not going to happy until they are proved right, so they up delighting in our defeats.

On a United forum somewhere there is posters saying today 'Told you Ole was not up to the job.' - Hopefully they are right.

Posted (edited)

Shouldnt imagine they’d jump on that when there’s a hearing already set. 

Edited by gonzo

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Id rather they did jump on it and brought this whole sorry mess to a closure one way or the other. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

This is a different company though, so would have to pursue each company individually.  Guess we'll just wait and see. 

16 hours ago, Marc505 said:

And yet oddly I've probably enjoyed the last 3 years going to games than I did the last 3 years of going to PL games.

I say games, there's an hour and a half in the middle of the afternoon where it goes a bit crap but the rest.. 

I know what you mean. It seems the shitter we are and the more trouble we are in the more a sense of achievement I feel in going to games. When we were in the PL I just felt an insignificant part of a bigger thing with all the jonny come lately's.

Let's face it, unless you're one of the 'big' clubs most of football is 90% shit and you keep going waiting fro the 10% good stuff.  

The novelty of L1 aways would soon wear off when your losing every week. 

Deal imminent according to Jim White, nixon backing him up a bit as well. 

7 minutes ago, darrener said:

Deal imminent according to Jim White, nixon backing him up a bit as well. 

Saw that, just happens to be on a court day too.

Any more details been given out by that prick White on TS yet?

Court activity

+

Media speculation of imminent deal

=

Groundhog Day

Nixon & White, not quite the new Morcambe & Wise or Saint & Greavsy, just 2 fucking idiots who make shit up, although the law of averages state they are going to be right once in a while.

🤞

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

The novelty of L1 aways would soon wear off when your losing every week. 

Correct 

thats why fair fucks to some clubs for still pulling decent crowds and taking good numbers when continually plodding around bottom 2 leagues 

we wouldn’t do that after people have done their tick list of grounds 

Deal imminent according to Jim White, nixon backing him up a bit as well

Best not hold our breath eh

6 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

Deal imminent according to Jim White, nixon backing him up a bit as well

Best not hold our breath eh

think as someone says above on court day too