Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

10 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I’m making serious predictions. At all. Just saying there is a lot to be determined yet. Also, lots of respect for anyone on here but I’d take anything posters on here say with a pinch of salt. 

Catutious optimism seems wise. 

I meant the predictions bassini was making not your good self 👍😁

1 hour ago, Ros Coe said:

Here’s a post taken from The Wanderer by a Watford fan. I fear the worst.

”Ha ha.....yes.....I see you've heard the legendary safe key story.

From what you say, there's no way he has £20m to invest in your club. When he was at Watford, it seemed that he was just a front man for someone else. He had a backer. Now his family seem to be well healed, but he himself, is the runt of the family in that respect.

He talks the talk and he will promise you everything you want to hear, but it's all phoney I'm afraid. There's no substance to any of it. It became ludicrous in the end.

No doubt he'll come out with statements that he made mistakes at Watford and lessons learned etc, but a leopard does not change its spots.

As a Bolton fan, you will quite rightly hope he'll be decent and genuine and will give him the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise. We had the same reservations but he was given every chance to prove himself, but it became clear very early on he was a chancer.

I'm amazed he's got back in football. I'm amazed the EFL would ever sanction him. He was banned for 3 years because of his dishonestly.

He was made bankrupt twice, and even changed his name from Bazini to Bassini to hide the fact he'd been bankrupt. 

When interviewed, he acted like a child, trying to make up stories about events, which even with the greatest deal of naivety, anyone could see through.

He's referred to as the red helmet because our local paper, The Watford Observer, often used the same photo of him with a red builders hard hat. He got so annoyed that he threatened to sue the paper for using the same photo. So, of course, they used it even more.

You'll get used to that. He threatens to sue everyone one. He threatened to sue SkySports News as well for another trivial event. 

Even the late Graham Taylor fell out with him, and called him a liar, for making up reasons for not attending a fans forum, which he did more than once. Of course, he threatened to sue GT as well. You can see a common theme here.

I wish Bolton all the best, but this guy will take you into the mire. He's really bad news. A total fantasist who has delusions of grandeur.

He wants a football club as a status symbol, so he can show his family he's not a total idiot.

My only advice is, of there is a way to stop him from taking over, take it. He's hard to get rid of. Watford were in a real mess when he left and only avoided administration and a points deduction by the skin of their teeth. The Pozzo's settled all debts and paid the HMRC. Bassini hid a lot of dept from our new owners too, so they withheld a payment for the Red Lion pub, which was part of the settlement deal. Of course Bassini sued the Pozzo's and of course lost the case, as he always does.”

I've read that and thought ffs here we go again, but unfortunately this is the pool we are fishing in. Like someone said everyone wanted Anderson out not caring who was to come in, now it's why's he sold it to this loon, you just can't win. We've just got to give him a chance and see what happens, we can always have another walk around the stadium in 12 months time. He's making big statements so maybe he's backed with serious money, who knows. I can remember people saying the same thing about diouf when we signed him and that turned out OK. We've still got a club let's try and build from there. 

No one has a crystal ball and realistically, we can't affect anything. All we can do is get behind the new owner and hope for the best.

Unless he's totally stupid, I can't imagine he'd come back into the game under such publicity to then make an absolute fool of himself. 

He's taking a back seat, with a footballing board dealing with that side of the coin. That suggests to me the money isn't entirely his own, otherwise he'd be pushing for a more active role.  

Side note - thank god Bonnar isn't at the BEN anymore. Unprofessional, and spouts absolute horse sh*t at every occasion. 

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

Bassini isn’t the answer we wanted, or needed. He is a snake oil salesman who has used the system and our dire situation to get himself a club.

We are safe for now but I suspect we will be in the same situation this time next year. 

By allowing this Anderson has cut and run, he never cared about the club. The problems haven’t gone away but simply changed direction.

Of course he is. Clearly the only answer available .

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

Bassini isn’t the answer we wanted, or needed. He is a snake oil salesman who has used the system and our dire situation to get himself a club.

We are safe for now but I suspect we will be in the same situation this time next year. 

By allowing this Anderson has cut and run, he never cared about the club. The problems haven’t gone away but simply changed direction.

Anderson wanted to make a quick buck turn it around and sell it on, It didn’t quite work out 

too right he didn’t care he wanted shut and tbh most would do exactly the same in his shoes 

Listening to Bassini he constantly says We not I, that tells me he’s not in it on his own, that gives me a crumb of comfort. The question is who’d back a man like Bassini and agree the deal without the relevant due diligence. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Anderson wanted to make a quick buck turn it around and sell it on, It didn’t quite work out 

too right he didn’t care he wanted shut and tbh most would do exactly the same in his shoes 

Think accounts will show he made a quick buck, but didn’t get the final pay off he was hoping for. 

This place was buzzing 3 or 4 weeks ago when Howard was posting and there was talks of a big money buyer.

Once that turned out to be hot air, our options were running out and the longer this dragged on i honestly feared the worst for us - ie Liquidation.

If Bassini is our only hope - i'll take it.

I still believe there might be a twist in the tale yet, but let's wait and see.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

41 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

No one has a crystal ball and realistically, we can't affect anything. All we can do is get behind the new owner and hope for the best.

Unless he's totally stupid, I can't imagine he'd come back into the game under such publicity to then make an absolute fool of himself. 

He's taking a back seat, with a footballing board dealing with that side of the coin. That suggests to me the money isn't entirely his own, otherwise he'd be pushing for a more active role.  

Side note - thank god Bonnar isn't at the BEN anymore. Unprofessional, and spouts absolute horse sh*t at every occasion. 

Matthew, your user name is nearly as imaginative as mine :)

1 hour ago, darrener said:

I've read that and thought ffs here we go again, but unfortunately this is the pool we are fishing in. Like someone said everyone wanted Anderson out not caring who was to come in, now it's why's he sold it to this loon, you just can't win. We've just got to give him a chance and see what happens, we can always have another walk around the stadium in 12 months time. He's making big statements so maybe he's backed with serious money, who knows. I can remember people saying the same thing about diouf when we signed him and that turned out OK. We've still got a club let's try and build from there. 

Of course you can. You can try not selling the club to full on cranks who've already served long bans for financial misconduct and shown why they shouldn't be allowed to run a football club.

I get it, Basran/Gaspard didn't have the money to clear the debts and have us competing in the Championship. But it's also very obvious that neither does Bassini. And at least the former bids had links to actual Bolton fans without his history.

There's nothing anyone can do but hope for the best, but you'd have to have your head firmly in the sand to believe having this clown at the wheel will be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Wonder how long it will take the EFL to do there test on Bassini, what happens if goes long than the 8th of May? 

The court wont be granting another adjournment, not even if Bassini rocks up with fairy dust and magic beans, so he better have the money and make sure all creditors are paid off before then and debt cleared or at least agreed.

Based on what we read about him I am not to certain he can do that so lets not get to excited quite yet. Got a feeling he is Disley mk2.

@hughmungus this what i'm thinking all good saying a deal is done etc.. but haven't we heard this before...

Supposedly if a deal wasn't agreed yesterday we was going to admin, but this supposed deal could kill the club as come the 8th of may we may not have the option of admin.

4 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

@hughmungus this what i'm thinking all good saying a deal is done etc.. but haven't we heard this before...

Supposedly if a deal wasn't agreed yesterday we was going to admin, but this supposed deal could kill the club as come the 8th of may we may not have the option of admin.

I just wonder if its a way of buying time for the EFL to complete its fixtures, and then we go to the wall and the fire sale begins over the close season. Anyone who thinks this is a done deal in my opinion is way off the mark. 

@hughmungus guessing that is case with EFL. Im thinking again its a ploy by Anderson to stop admin happening by making it look to the other creditors that a deal is done, get no backlash from anyone for the time being & wait till 8th of may then hope for liquidation with him getting more money. Bassini is very good mates with Paul Aldridge & Anderson all sounds very suspicious. Fair play if a deal does get done but if latter happens, I would not be surprised one bit

Edited by Okocha10