Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As great as it sounds, after all the shit that has gone on, I won't be celebrating just yet.

Fingers crossed though.

Quite. Not celebration nor pitchforks time. Wait and see time. 

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As great as it sounds, after all the shit that has gone on, I won't be celebrating just yet.

Fingers crossed though.

Got me bolloxed crossed just for good measure 

13 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Sounds promising, but could go all Jim Carver, im gonna remain optimistic. 

Let's get those tank tops donned for Forest away 

Tank tops and hard hats? CUNT fusion?

We're 1/100,000 for relegation, so if we each lump £10 on staying up we could buy the club  at the season's end (unless we get relegated).

Posted (edited)

Very cynical right now, but if he can make the club debt free as said in the club statement, then he gets the benefit of the doubt for a while.

Edited by jmjhb

We still exist. Can’t really say any fairer than that, and personally it’s a big relief on that front. Let’s hope it passes any further hurdles and we at least have a go at folk getting behind the club before the bedsheets are back out. 

51 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

We're fucked then, unless he's lying.

Heard him on talk sport the other week saying it’s just him they didn’t ask How he would fund it though .    possible another blue. Marble Loan on the horizon? 

Have a thread title change. It's about the only thing we can be certain of now

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Tank tops and hard hats? CUNT fusion?

Slag Wellies for men, Put it out there.

Better than the alternative, no doubt about it... I've got a nagging feeling its not going to get much better though... hope to god I'm wrong. 

No way this fella and his backers whoever they are are looking at a long term plan. Let the club stabilise, be self sufficient etc. They’re looking at chucking money at it. It may go tits up it may not

but at least it can go either way. With Ken it was going one way and one way only. I’ll take our chances 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Does crossing them help achieve a really "good measure" 😁

Tbh, I struggle to cross mine 🤐

18 minutes ago, Matty said:

Administration to clear/minimise the debt? Seems a lot of debt for a recently bankrupt person to supposedly take on by himself 

He must have decent backing to clear the debt and pay off the creditors.

Admin was just a ruse for Rigby and the other ST chancers to get the club on the cheap whilst paying the administrator, probably one of their mates, a big fat fee.

Let's hope he can prove to the EFL that he has the readies.

If we're not back in the premier league in three years then I'm going to boo my bollocks off.

Just now, The Norpig said:

If we're not back in the premier league in three years then I'm going to boo my bollocks off.

Being back in the championship in 3 years would be an achievement the way things have been going. 

7 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Heard him on talk sport the other week saying it’s just him they didn’t ask How he would fund it though .    possible another blue. Marble Loan on the horizon? 

I can't see anyone lending him the best part of £30m

Posted (edited)

Looking at it from Bassini's perspective, why would you take over a club riddled with debt, rotten to the core and with a full re-build required from top to bottom if you didn't have the money to do it?

He must surely have these fund's/resources, to like he said, 'get us to the Prem in 3 seasons' otherwise it doesn't make financial/business sense for him to take on this huge challenge ahead unless he think his targets are realistic?

Edited by Gaz Nt

I don't fucking care if its Bahrainians, bulgarians, targaryens or great uncle fucking  balgaria behind him.........Just SHOW US THE MONEY!

Sounds promising, Blackburn on Monday anyone? I think I might be back in. Bassini! Bassini! Da dada dada da dada

Anything is better than liquidation 

At this stage, so close to oblivion it has to be good news 

If all debts truely have been cleared then its extremely good news!!

Still find it odd that anyone with £30m - £40m to blow would allow Basinni to front it but fuck it, we live to fight another day 

IF the ex Blackburn chairman (Williams?), does actually come in, as Basinni has stated previously then it will be a huge shot of confidence (for me anyway), as he’s got a decent track record and I doubt he’d mess about with tyre kickers 

8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Anything is better than liquidation 

At this stage, so close to oblivion it has to be good news 

If all debts truely have been cleared then its extremely good news!!

Still find it odd that anyone with £30m - £40m to blow would allow Basinni to front it but fuck it, we live to fight another day 

IF the ex Blackburn chairman (Williams?), does actually come in, as Basinni has stated previously then it will be a huge shot of confidence (for me anyway), as he’s got a decent track record and I doubt he’d mess about with tyre kickers 

Didnt he leave Blackburn because the Venkys fired Allardyce?