Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

I'm as skeptical as anyone - but lets give benefit of doubt. We've just had a long Easter weekend where nothing was being done. Setting up payroll in a different account isn't a quick process and may not even be possible. I think people are getting a bit carried away. He showed his face at both games - if he'd not bothered coming the alarm bells might have been sounding. But I'd give him a week or two before going into meltdown. He doesn't even own the club so it might be a case of KA needing to apply for the validation order to process the pay - and we know how cooperative Ken is likely to be....

I suppose the EFL have to ratify him before he would pay the wages, but bassini has said it’s because of frozen bank account. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I suppose the EFL have to ratify him before he would pay the wages, but bassini has said it’s because of frozen bank account. 

I think the statement released on announcement of takeover said wages would be paid prior to EFL ratification. But I'm guessing they hadn't worked out the "how". Given the accounts are now all frozen (I think KA had used hotel accounts previously) they will need to apply for a validation order from the courts - but as Bassini is not yet owner it might be that KA has to do it...

I don't know. But I do think there are many questions to be answered. But demanding those answers over a bank holiday weekend and less than a week after a deal was agreed seems a little unreasonable. Even in these circumstances....

12 minutes ago, BIGBW said:

I'll be honest, the silence on all fronts is a little odd to me -- surprised there's not a bit more digging from the official journos. All very odd -- surely the EFL would have been able to complete their test by now, it's not like it's extensive. 

Yup, I agree. I’m assuming that when/if the players are paid, it will be announced very quickly on the various social media platforms available to us, however I’ve not seen anything yet.......and Aprils payday is only days away now too.

I also think the silence is strange. Iles/Nixon who previously have been regular commentators on the lack of payments to the many parties involved are not saying anything now that Bassini has arrived, but to my knowledge, the situation hasn’t changed at all!

Following on from their meeting yesterday with our ‘new owner’, I found the statement below from the ST a little concerning too.....

“The worry though still seems to be that he is not fully aware of the level of debt involved”

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think the statement released on announcement of takeover said wages would be paid prior to EFL ratification. But I'm guessing they hadn't worked out the "how". Given the accounts are now all frozen (I think KA had used hotel accounts previously) they will need to apply for a validation order from the courts - but as Bassini is not yet owner it might be that KA has to do it...

I don't know. But I do think there are many questions to be answered. But demanding those answers over a bank holiday weekend and less than a week after a deal was agreed seems a little unreasonable. Even in these circumstances....

I’m not demanding,  but the players, club staff and fans could do with some clarification from Bassini as early as possible. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, TroySwoosh said:

I wouldn't pay their wages until the EFL had ratified everything, doubt he wants to pay a few hundred thousand out if theres even a miniscule chance he won't pass their tests

Absolutely.

I'm confused re the club's accounts though.

What does it take for them to be unfrozen?

All a bit strange.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely.

I'm confused re the club's accounts though.

What does it take for them to be unfrozen?

All a bit strange.

Think getting the accounts unfrozen again would only be able to be done after EFL ratification, they have to apply for a validation order or pay the debts, so I think we're waiting on the EFL

4 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I don't like "would find" as opposed to "has" or "has access to" the funds needed irrespective of the debt.

Could be a worry or could be sloppy writing. 

He doesn't know the debt level. He therefore cannot promise anything meaningful. I suspect its a throwaway line. 

He can't say "don't worry I've got it covered"...because he cannot know if he has. Its worrying but not anything we didn't already know. 

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

That nightingale chap is so defensive on Facebook like a snappy dog when asked challenging questions 

The same guy that said we need to fuck Micheal James off :D 

The guys a complete clown.