Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

43 minutes ago, Spider said:

Can you just imagine if KA has grown tired of telling people about the tyre kickers - and everyone saying he’s full of shit - and has decided to let one do it very publicly?

it won’t help, but it’s all lining up for a column that will knock all his previous ones into a cocked hat.

“I fucking TOLD you people were timewasting. TOLD you I did.” Repeat to fade.....

Poor KA. 

38 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Sluffy measures his columns in furlongs not inches. 

Also, he always has to include the word ‘esteemed’ in every post. A bit like the other bloke with ‘beeno’ 

It’s the modern way to criticise a (local) public figure whilst hiding behind a pseudonym. 

In this pantomime that is BWFC, Marc Iles ain’t the villain. 

1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Also, he always has to include the word ‘esteemed’ in every post. A bit like the other bloke with ‘beeno’ 

It’s the modern way to criticise a (local) public figure whilst hiding behind a pseudonym. 

In this pantomime that is BWFC, Marc Iles ain’t the villain. 

In fairness I think it is a bit odd, the lack of comment from Iles. And I say anyone over egging the 'esteemed' bit is just taking the Mick of how the word appeared in all non BN coverage of Iles' reporting ban. 

I can't resist a gentle dig at Sluffys word counts though. 😀

Just now, RoadRunnerFan said:

In fairness I think it is a bit odd, the lack of comment from Iles. And I say anyone over egging the 'esteemed' bit is just taking the Mick of how the word appeared in all non BN coverage of Iles' reporting ban. 

I have lots of contacts at BWFC (Marc Iles has many more) No one knows what’s  going on and if they do they aren’t saying anything. I don’t know MI personally so I don’t have a personal interest but the criticism he gets on here from some is over the top in my opinion.

If he reports, he gets criticised . If he doesn’t, he gets criticised. 

If anyone has an issue with him, contact him direct without the anonymity. It’s not difficult.

21 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I have lots of contacts at BWFC (Marc Iles has many more) No one knows what’s  going on and if they do they aren’t saying anything. I don’t know MI personally so I don’t have a personal interest but the criticism he gets on here from some is over the top in my opinion.

If he reports, he gets criticised . If he doesn’t, he gets criticised. 

If anyone has an issue with him, contact him direct without the anonymity. It’s not difficult.

Online criticism is an occupational hazard in his line of work. The pillocks who post on his employers site drive the clicks that pay his wages.

Any road I've no axe to grind either way Boby. My quoting of Marc's post was just a daft pun about Sluffys posts. 

7 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Online criticism is an occupational hazard in his line of work. The pillocks who post on his employers site drive the clicks that pay his wages.

Any road I've no axe to grind either way Boby. My quoting of Marc's post was just a daft pun about Sluffys posts. 

I agree. At the end of the day though, it’s his face, his name. Anyone criticising him should have the decency to do the same, name at least.

(sorry, I didn’t mean to hijack your post. It just happened to be the most relevant to my rant. 👍)

11 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Yes I'd noticed!  :D

I took your comments as intended though.

You are correct, I was using 'esteemed' as just a bit of fun, I was making a valid point of Iles continuing silence on the matter - yet another day has gone by without comment from the towns local newspaper reporter on Bassini as the clubs new owner - day 8 now btw - (either in the paper or on his Twitter account) yet compare the difference where the exact same story has kept Nixon fully occupied for much of today - and that for the ninety-ninth time I stated quite clearly that I was NOT having a pop at Iles but merely saying how odd his silence seemed to me to be.  

Boby I know you jump on my case every single time I mention Iles but I don't have any anonymity towards him (nor anyone else for that matter), I think my opinion of him having a bias towards both Holdsworth and the ST, are plainly there for everyone to see (I'd be delighted if you or anyone else could link me to a single negative article he's ever wrote about either one of them in the last three years!) and compare that with his open and frank admission to Traf about how he personally felt about Anderson and how he portrayed him accordingly.

That isn't fair, complete, honest and unbiased reporting - and frankly that's all I've ever said about him.

I'm not sure why you seem to feel as though I'm some sort of focal point for peoples supposed hatred of him, or whatever it is you think I'm guilty of?

I'm simply making fair and reasonable comment - although you (and no doubts others) clearly don't see it as such.

And trying to raise a bit of a smile with some by taking the piss out of the 'esteemed' reference given to him by the Baronesses! 

28 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I agree. At the end of the day though, it’s his face, his name. Anyone criticising him should have the decency to do the same, name at least.

(sorry, I didn’t mean to hijack your post. It just happened to be the most relevant to my rant. 👍)

Fair play Boby. 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Still in negotiations with the man himself, those old Polaroids are a bit fuzzy and don't put him a good light, the tight shorts and Slazenger V-necks are the stumbling block.

Currently looking for a cellar man, gotta be ugly, able to lift crates and do a bit of glass collecting on a busy match day. Applications through WW

Job for dan 

2 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

I did Boby 

In no way offensive or aggressive, put my side of the story across. Where I felt he wasn’t fulfilling his job role in terms of being balanced and factually correct. How his articles could be seen to be inflammatory at a difficult enough time as it was.. and got blocked... 

which then led to a further discussion with Bonnar along exactly the same lines.. and I’ll give Bonnar his due, we had an open and constructive conversation. Agreed on some points, disagreed on others. Saw each other’s sides of the debate then got on with our lives. 

MI acted like a petulant idiot. That’s what’s reinforced my opinion of him 

In fairness, MI is probably only on about £20K per year, so why should he make much of an effort. Although, if he ever wants to work for a proper paper, then he does need to work a bit harder.

16 hours ago, Spider said:

It’s been 4 working days since anything was announced,  with a pretty clear statement that patience may be required for a week or 2.

4 working days around Easter when - and let’s all be honest - the work rate drops.

Things like this simply don’t happen in a day.

Be patient, it’ll be reet.

Correct.

Even jesus got a few days off at Easter.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, HR said:

It was some sick note though. 

I used to work with a bloke who needed a day off but had no leave left. He decided to book the weekend off on the sick.

To add a little gravitas to his illness, he got his wife to phone in the sickness. He told her to make it sound serious.  She called the station and was asked what the ailment was.

She told them he had Rigor Mortis.