Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Let's go back to basics for a bit

How much does it cost to run/how much does BWFC  take every year?

Wages/Stadium/Matchday 

versus

TV money/Matchday income/Commercials.

Let's just look at it as a business. 

I don't know, but I'd say it would struggle to break even.

It's just not an attractive business proposition.

I think we did it about 200 pages back 

Broadly speaking, in League 1 the turnover barely covers overheads. I.e the Premier League / upper championship facilities are  a burden - so the playing budget takes us into the red, requiring someone to put money in or bust 

In the championship we get an extra £5m Premier League loyalty payment, additional TV and gate receipts. We can live within our means at this level but will have a playing budget within the bottom half a dozen of the division

Leaving us in limbo unable to survive and compete in either division 

It looks like Ken has gambled by overspending on shit players in an effort to avoid league 1 where he knew we would struggle to break even and we have run out of money 

21 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Nixon's suddenly changed his tune started to sound a bit liquidationy

As I've said all along, Nixon knows fuck all, yet loves to think hes the most in the know person around, then blocks people who question him or prove him wrong. Grad A bellend.

17 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

More U-Turns than Theresa May

I sincerely hope you're right, but he's basing this on a contract Anderson has given to Bassini that sounds like has left the club in even more limbo. Actually feeling the lowest I have at any point now.

43 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I think we did it about 200 pages back 

Broadly speaking, in League 1 the turnover barely covers overheads. I.e the Premier League / upper championship facilities are  a burden - so the playing budget takes us into the red, requiring someone to put money in or bust 

In the championship we get an extra £5m Premier League loyalty payment, additional TV and gate receipts. We can live within our means at this level but will have a playing budget within the bottom half a dozen of the division

Leaving us in limbo unable to survive and compete in either division 

It looks like Ken has gambled by overspending on shit players in an effort to avoid league 1 where he knew we would struggle to break even and we have run out of money 

All bang on.

The question is can you blame him for the gamble?

It worked before, twice. Once those players turned to shite, the cracks could no longer be papered over with results and the tennis balls came out. 

What worries me most is looking around at other clubs finances. Even Hartlepool have someone covering their £28k a month losses.

Covering being the operative word. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Do we have to accept that Bolton can no longer support a professional football club?

No

the Fylde coast supports 4 with a population of Waltzer operatives and donkeys.

It’ll be reet

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

No

the Fylde coast supports 4 with a population of Waltzer operatives and donkeys.

It’ll be reet

I'd agree, it's just nuts that we're in a situation where nobody seems to want to touch us with a barge pole, and a large portion of our fans seem fairly apathetic to our plight.

it's verging on disgraceful

My main worry is that at some point a "big" club will go to the wall, and I think the league should actually let it happen, to teach everybody a lesson.......... I just worry its going to be us who they allow to go

7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Do we have to accept that Bolton can no longer support a professional football club?

Of course we can, however without someone willing to top up our income that’s League 1 level currently 

It would usually be championship but there are just too many other clubs getting topped up with extra income that are beyond us 

We need to find a way of living in League 1 without overheads taking too much of a chunk out of us