Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

55 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I find this idea of a phoenix club utter pie in the sky fantasy. Just do not see a fan base as tight, as motivated, as "politically" savvy, as empowered as somewhere like Portsmouth or AFC Wimbledon.

Slightly different situations yes, but I feel some people look to them as a kind of last get out clause "ah we'd just do what Wimbledon have and start at bottom". Few good days out then back in league in a few years. I'm not having it.

It's easy to spout once in never out bollocks on Twitter.

We’d have easily enough support to smash whatever Wimbledon did, buts let’s hope it does not come to that. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Well the ST would probably be the first to claim they were forming the "real" Bolton 2.0... and how much strife would that cause?

I have said previously that If it came to a stage where a phoenix club had to be formed you would end up with 2 clubs and I very much think that would be the case 

Supporters trust may take the moral high ground but  they would alienate a lot of people 

This site may well end up as a platform for that alienated group , who in turn influence a lot of the core support 

Think of the numbers at Puds funeral for example - that is the group of hardcore support that to me is the very essence of BWFC , whoever carries that group , carries the heritage 

For the record I dont think it will come to that  and apparently this is the man in whose hands our destiny lies 

https://www.charlesrussellspeechlys.com/en/people/k/keir-gordon-/

According to Alan Nixon he ( Eddie Davies Trustee ) is the man who can / will trigger administration 

Maybe we should each  email him a reminder to get on with it 

33 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think it’s more that some WW members don’t like the ST. Interest would surely be ramped up massively if we go to the wall.

Not if it’s as it is now. It’s needs properly structuring 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I'd expect there to have been a non-slagging off clause in the NDA that was likely to have been part of the 'divorce settlement'. Sounds like one side might not have kept to it.

He also laughed and said "sorry bruv" when my mate told him his villa miss still makes him cry

30 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I strongly believe we will survive. There will be numerous interested parties in the club from an admin perspective. 

A football club is no different than any other business in that a purchase from admin is often a necessary exercise  

I’ve been involved in placing a number of businesses into administration and liquidation/receivership from a lenders perspective and it’s a formal process that has a purpose and I’ve no doubt that we will go in and be bought out of admin with a cleaner slate and more stable. 

Isnt going to be pretty but let’s take a massive sense of comfort from all the other clubs that have done it and actually prospered it just takes time 

I fully endorse this opinion.

Great post really and posted by someone with undoubted knowledge and experience in the world of finance that our club has unfortunately reached.

(Note even the use of the word 'cleaner' rather than 'clean' knowingly indicating that even when we've reached and passed this milestone we still have a long and rocky path to go).

Add to that 'Benny's' knowledge and his references to the vast interest in Blackpool who themselves are in similar financial choppy waters as us, and they undoubtedly points the way ahead for BWFC and it's future.

Two superb posters who probably go under the radar of many on here for most of the time but who both certainly know their financial stuff.

10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

He also laughed and said "sorry bruv" when my mate told him his villa miss still makes him cry

Done alright has Deano since the collapse of Xpro Management Services Ltd. PFA didn't seem too happy with its predecessor either.

16 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I fully endorse this opinion.

Great post really and posted by someone with undoubted knowledge and experience in the world of finance that our club has unfortunately reached.

(Note even the use of the word 'cleaner' rather than 'clean' knowingly indicating that even when we've reached and passed this milestone we still have a long and rocky path to go).

Add to that 'Benny's' knowledge and his references to the vast interest in Blackpool who themselves are in similar financial choppy waters as us, and they undoubtedly points the way ahead for BWFC and it's future.

Two superb posters who probably go under the radar of many on here for most of the time but who both certainly know their financial stuff.

Benny, Escobarp and Sluffy. The new trifecta

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Meanwhile, whilst all this is going on, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is complaining that there are not enough mansions in Cheshire for footballers to buy.

I wonder where the core problem in football is.

Just about sums football up today..turning me away from the game I love.

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Meanwhile, whilst all this is going on, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain is complaining that there are not enough mansions in Cheshire for footballers to buy.

I wonder where the core problem in football is.

The footballers seem to rent their homes in the Golden Triangle at up to £20k a month and there is a shortage of rental properties at these prices. I can't understand why they don't buy the house,  there are lots for sale and its not like they can't afford it and either then rent it out when they move on or sell it

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

Benny, Escobarp and Sluffy. The new trifecta

I know you're joking but I've certainly have nothing like the same knowledge and expertise in this field as the other two have.

They certainly deserved to be listened to when they speak on the matter, whereas I'm simply happy to be better educated by listening to them.

There are also a few others who also know what they are talking about, who again I am happy to listen and learn from, one of whom is Mr Custard. 

No matter what anybody may think about him, when he talks about the accounts he is without any doubt extremely knowledgeable.

Put your money on what those three are saying about the clubs financial matters and it's probable future and I don't think you will go too far wrong.

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Not if it’s as it is now. It’s needs properly structuring 

I’d hope it would be a completely different animal if we go bang as surely interest would sky rocket?

13 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’d hope it would be a completely different animal if we go bang as surely interest would sky rocket?

Not int he current format. I just can’t see it. Even if we go bump. The current board wouldn’t be able to make money from a new club so I don’t see them bothering either. 

10 minutes ago, Big E said:

Not int he current format. I just can’t see it. Even if we go bump. The current board wouldn’t be able to make money from a new club so I don’t see them bothering either. 

Go and have a holiday you need some sun. 

• Site Supporter

Football Focus.

They've just said. KA cant put us into Administration, as hes signed an exclusivity clause in the contract with Bassini, which is why Bassini is shouting the odds.

Only way I can see round this, is EFL reject Bassini as he fails fit and proper test. Then contract must be null and void

41 minutes ago, freds dad said:

Our plight being discussed on Radio 5

Just been discussed briefly on Football Focus. Nowt we hadn''t heard before.
Lawro made an interesting point re:Norwich. Head of recruitment is second only to the manager in order of importance in any football club, he said. I'd put 'em the other way round if you had a good'un  in recruitment.

1 hour ago, freds dad said:

The footballers seem to rent their homes in the Golden Triangle at up to £20k a month and there is a shortage of rental properties at these prices. I can't understand why they don't buy the house,  there are lots for sale and its not like they can't afford it and either then rent it out when they move on or sell it

I live in this area, for the past 20 years so have seen lots of footballers come and go. 

What they tend to do is buy a previous footballers house, knock it down, then build a new one to their own spec.

Ive seen some truly wondrous mansions with cinemas, pools, snooker rooms being bulldozed after 3 years. 

7 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

I live in this area, for the past 20 years so have seen lots of footballers come and go. 

What they tend to do is buy a previous footballers house, knock it down, then build a new one to their own spec.

Ive seen some truly wondrous mansions with cinemas, pools, snooker rooms being bulldozed after 3 years. 

I also live in the area and agree with you that the amount of building work that goes on is unbelievable. They always seem to have to build a bigger house which means smaller gardens. The latest on at the top of the hill to the Wizard looks fantastic but its less than 10 yards from a very busy road and has no garden to shout about.

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Just been discussed briefly on Football Focus. Nowt we hadn''t heard before.
Lawro made an interesting point re:Norwich. Head of recruitment is second only to the manager in order of importance in any football club, he said. I'd put 'em the other way round if you had a good'un  in recruitment.

Aye bit like bbc northwest news with Wanderers 'expert 'Jack Deadhead last night telling us what we already know Pretty sure he was wearing some sort of luminous tank top though.

7 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Wheater seems to be leaving judging by his latest social media post.

picture of the training ground with the caption,

”it’s been a pleasure”

Either that or there will be no more training ground.....