Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Solihull Moors might be in the league in 2 weeks, in a stadium with about 700 seats. Might have to aim lower!

Lost 1-0 to AFC Fylde today. AFC Fylde, Salford or Eastleigh in the league next season. If Fylde or Salford go up then it’s nailed on we get them in the Cattle Spunk Cup next season (existence dependent, obviously). 

46 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Wheater seems to be leaving judging by his latest social media post.

picture of the training ground with the caption,

”it’s been a pleasure”

Bye

19 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Lost 1-0 to AFC Fylde today. AFC Fylde, Salford or Eastleigh in the league next season. If Fylde or Salford go up then it’s nailed on we get them in the Cattle Spunk Cup next season (existence dependent, obviously). 

Goal scored by Philliskirk Junior

4 hours ago, Mantra said:

Wheater seems to be leaving judging by his latest social media post.

picture of the training ground with the caption,

”it’s been a pleasure”

He reckons he was just joking apparently.

Funny enough most of our players have been a fucking joke all season - Wheater and a couple of others apart.

If we still have a club next season he'd be the first name on the teamsheet for me in Div 1.

11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

He reckons he was just joking apparently.

Funny enough most of our players have been a fucking joke all season - Wheater and a couple of others apart.

If we still have a club next season he'd be the first name on the teamsheet for me in Div 1.

No way, clear the bloody lot. We need a completely fresh start.

7 hours ago, Spider said:

doesn't matter, as we’re not going pop.

yes ! 

the thing thats bothering me is , why all the squabbling over money/admin/liquidation ?

if you could afford to buy it , you wouldnt need to talk about admin/liquidation/whatever . 

bassini didnt (i dont think)  , but certain other potential buyers have made noises about it almost straight away. 

if there's any mention of anything like admin , i just assume theyve got no money , as a points penalty is bad if we want to get promoted. 

bassini might have no money , but at least he didnt come out with "the debts too high , the only way to fix it is to go into administration, then we can buy it".  

theyve got to start just going " yeah , do one" to anyone that has it in their business plan (or whatever). 

18 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

No way, clear the bloody lot. We need a completely fresh start.

A spine would be a start - Matthews,Wheater,Beevers,O'Neil,Turk, Kinell, Magennis.

Fill in with new hungry lads around them.

Good enough for Div 1 Shirley?

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Reckon we'll need a couple of old heads. Could well be a team of kids with enthusiasm but little experience. Someone to help guide and protect them in games will be essential.

if we get points deducted then gonna be a big challange. to get players in to the club.as we will need players up for it,

and goona need a head strong manager too. 

17 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

A spine would be a start - Matthews,Wheater,Beevers,O'Neil,Turk, Kinell, Magennis.

Can't see Beevers sticking around tbh. 

Agreed on Wheater. Not sure the players have been a joke. If we played the season again another 10 times, do you honestly think the players Parky has picked in the same formations could do any better? The likes of O'Neill, Taylor, Wheater, Beevers, the keepers, Lowe, Williams, Connell, Connelly, McGennis....which of these could do any better?  Div 1 players in the wrong division, does that make them a joke?

35 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I'd get behind that lot.

15 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed on Wheater. Not sure the players have been a joke. If we played the season again another 10 times, do you honestly think the players Parky has picked in the same formations could do any better? The likes of O'Neill, Taylor, Wheater, Beevers, the keepers, Lowe, Williams, Connell, Connelly, McGennis....which of these could do any better?  Div 1 players in the wrong division, does that make them a joke?

I don’t have any issue with a lack of ability, it’s the clear lack of giving a fuck that has got my goat throughout the season. Sometimes even more so when they pulled the odd performance out of the bag and then a few days later reverted to type. 

For the bulk of the season you can't fault the effort, they've just been shit. 

We could cobble a squad of 23 from the lads on here and we'd give our all but be utter shite. 

I've said before but I'd like wheater  and o'neill to stick around as senior pros. Keep connell obviously. After that I'm not fussed

27 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Most of them been cack in the Championship- admittedly managed by a negative bloke who sends a team out with damage limitation in mind. The players i've mentioned managed by someone more attack minded could be the basis of a decent side in Div1 imo.

Seeing as though Olkowski looks like he's jumped ship, I would actually give Mark Little a new deal for RB,  he's played fook all this season, but under a different manager, he'd be ideal for League 1. Minus 20 points could be a problem like.

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

I don’t have any issue with a lack of ability, it’s the clear lack of giving a fuck that has got my goat throughout the season. Sometimes even more so when they pulled the odd performance out of the bag and then a few days later reverted to type. 

I want to agree, but I don't. Every game I've seen, most players have busted a gut with the possible exception of Wilson and the atrocious Buckley. I see real effort and application 95% of the time from the others, just a shocking lack of pace and shooting ability. Apart from Ameobi and Oz who wasn't allowed to join in. Re the odd performance out of the bag, i didn't see one. The wins were either lucky (Derby, WBA, Brum at home) or against a poor team (Rotherham) or in terrible form (Brum away, Millwall). Our performances didn't once rise above poor from August to April.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I want to agree, but I don't. Every game I've seen, most players have busted a gut with the possible exception of Wilson and the atrocious Buckley. I see real effort and application 95% of the time from the others, just a shocking lack of pace and shooting ability. Apart from Ameobi and Oz who wasn't allowed to join in. Re the odd performance out of the bag, i didn't see one. The wins were either lucky (Derby, WBA, Brum at home) or against a poor team (Rotherham) or in terrible form (Brum away, Millwall). Our performances didn't once rise above poor from August to April.

Brum away was the performance that sprung to mind to be honest, they worked their nads off that night but sandwiched between a surrender against Preston and a dicking by Norwich, admittedly the best side in the league.

Ameobi in particular has barely ambled through the season and it seems some of the squad would agree judging by Wheater’s comment in the other thread. 

If there is a next season then I’d be quite happy to see the back of the lot of them. If nothing else they’re all guilty by association in my mind, post-strike. 

13 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think it's Olkowski who's pissed me off more than anyone this season.

He started so well, but once it became clear we were in for a struggle he didn't want to know.

As soon as he could jump ship, he has done.

Turd.

He's got history of relegation in Germany plus he's still got 1 year left on his current contract,  he also doesn't want to be here any longer, we're well shut of him.

Edited by Blondi

Felt sorry for him. Foreign country, hardly speaks the language, dealing with not only the off field crap that no other team in the 92 have to put up with but also the most negative manager in the 92. Scored 2 of the best goals scored by a bolton full back in donkeys years. Form dropped off but always looked like he was over achieving in the first 3 months. Good luck to him getting a club, if he didn't hand his notice in he 's tied to a club for the foreseeable that effectively doesnt currently exist.

2 minutes ago, Blondi said:

He's got history of relegation in Germany plus he's still got 1 year left on his current contract,  he also doesn't want to be here any longer, we're well shut of him.

He’s probably one of our few saleable assets so if he’s successful in handing in his notice then it won’t be doing us any favours in missing out on the transfer fee.