They're on a lot less than our lot

Stop defending the indefensible

• Replies 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give it a fucking rest eh  ‘somebody’s moral expectations of someone are very different to the legal obligations you know that and I know that. So why don’t you lay off patronising folk Chris and

I really cannot wait for the day we don’t have to read the words moonshift, Inner fucking circle, blue bastard marble or any piece of shit word associated to this horrible draining 3 year bullshit sag

Fucking massive clear out coming on WW later, either way.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If I put my notice in at work on Tuesday, I’d still be expected to turn up until that period was served. And rightly so. 

In quite a few work places, you are asked to leave immediately when you hand your notice in, paid up for the period like, but gone the minute to give your notice.  

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Go down that list of players johnnyrotten  mentions and look at each one realistically.

They're all league one players at best at this point in their careers and regardless of heart they wouldn't suddenly transform into something they 

ALF, Oz, Matthews, Wheater, Beevers, Lowe are lower championship all day long, they would be welcomed at millwall or barnsley. The likes of Taylor, Wildschut, Donaldson are div 2 at best.

• Site Supporter
Just now, leebwfc said:

In quite a few work places, you are asked to leave immediately when you hand your notice in, paid up for the period like, but gone the minute to give your notice.  

Usually for reasons of security. 

Well yea, wasnt arguing the point, just pointing it out, it happened to me working for Aldi. I wasn't gonna walk out helping myself to free beans every day for a month. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, leebwfc said:

Well yea, wasnt arguing the point, just pointing it out, it happened to me working for Aldi. I wasn't gonna walk out helping myself to free beans every day for a month. 

Maybe you weren't but people do. What if your job was in sales and suddenly you use the month's notice period to change your customers to your new employer's products?

Not sure how this affects BWFC though

Just now, MickyD said:

Maybe you weren't but people do. What if your job was in sales and suddenly you use the month's notice period to change your customers to your new employer's products?

Not sure how this affects BWFC though

The official explanation given to me was the expected reduction in my work rate and productivity :lol:! rational at the time because we worked like demons in the stores as there were only a few staff running the whole store at the time. nowadays there's fkin loads of em in there. if the same applied to BWFC, then would be a reason to not play them in my opinion. I was linking that point to Matt's post which seemed to suggest they should have been expected to play. 

And in your example, I would do that the month before, then hand  my notice in, probably! 

After one too many bank holidays bevvy's I can't help but close my eyes and hope for a decent sensible owner with fairly deep pockets looking for a long term project. I can see Gudni as chairman and Steinsson as head of recruitment/director of football and a young progressive and exciting manager that takes risks and tries to play at least semi entertaining football. I can see Vela back to his best and Connell with him in midfield doing damage. In reality I am absolutely shit scared of what will happen to my club, I know the chances of my dream coming true are less than 0.001% but I have to dream as the reality of what may be coming doesn't bear thinking about. COYWM!  

9 minutes ago, stimmau5 said:

After one too many bank holidays bevvy's I can't help but close my eyes and hope for a decent sensible owner with fairly deep pockets looking for a long term project. I can see Gudni as chairman and Steinsson as head of recruitment/director of football and a young progressive and exciting manager that takes risks and tries to play at least semi entertaining football. I can see Vela back to his best and Connell with him in midfield doing damage. In reality I am absolutely shit scared of what will happen to my club, I know the chances of my dream coming true are less than 0.001% but I have to dream as the reality of what may be coming doesn't bear thinking about. COYWM!  

Thats the problem, we fans are too sentimental. 

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If I put my notice in at work on Tuesday, I’d still be expected to turn up until that period was served. And rightly so. 

Would you though, if you weren't being paid, had an offer from elsewhere and there was a moderate risk of you getting injured and being left unemployed (and uninsured) for the foreseeable future?

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Vela has just tweeted that he’s off.

He's one of the few I can see getting an offer from above where we will be

Can't see it lasting though

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Vela has just tweeted that he’s off.

Have a feeling he’s one whose handed his notice in 

PP mentioned a ‘couple’ who had done it. 

If he was just letting his contract run down they normally state the player has been released at the end of June

one of the ones I hoped would stay actually. Seemed to excel at L1 level and seemed to really have the club at heart 

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think he’s been a bad egg for a long time, cheerio don’t bang door on your way out fella. Plus he’s shite. 

Should never have been shite but certainly ended up that way ...thinks he's better than he is ..bye.

2 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Should never have been shite but certainly ended up that way ...thinks he's better than he is ..bye.

Absolutely, he will get found out when he moves elsewhere, and I’d guess he’s on a decent wage with us as well. 

Josh is yet another one who hasn't fulfilled his potential but I'm more concerned about Luca Connell. Some folk were talking about rebuilding the team around him and now it looks like he's offski. At least there were some signs of encouragement from the young 'uns who turned out yesterday, but Connell seemed to be the one with the most potential so I'll be gutted if we survive and he does one.