Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, Spider said:

I wouldn’t describe myself as worried

if I wanted a big following of sweaty men on Twitter I’d set up an account as a woman with big tits who talks about anal sex all day.

Amused, yes. Worried, not so much.

Well you must be in the minority of being amused judging by the number of likes and retweets that account currently gets. 

Hardly a mouthpiece for the majority that fella 

39 minutes ago, Spider said:

It would appear my posts - and those of Bigtoe and a few other on here - are now being screened on Twitter by someone called “Trotters Blog”.

instead of coming on here and engaging in the discussion, he (one assumes) is choosing to snipe and lurk in an act of lame shithousery.

Happy to discuss on here kidda. Don’t be scared, you can stay behind the keyboard, we don’t bite.

Or just keep taking screenshots for likes on Twitter. 

I wouldn't worry - it doesn't look like anybody is reading it anyway.

59 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The hysteria aside, what actual disasters have we had?

By disaster maybe I should of said turmoil as not knowing if we still had a club from one day to the next

I'm not knocking Ken as he's done/doing what ever he can to make sure we continue but hopefully the new owners have a few more £s to turn things around but only time will tell 

20 minutes ago, 1969 said:

By disaster maybe I should of said turmoil as not knowing if we still had a club from one day to the next

I'm not knocking Ken as he's done/doing what ever he can to make sure we continue but hopefully the new owners have a few more £s to turn things around but only time will tell 

Agree with all of that. 

Ken has just, by the skin of his teeth, carried it off imo.

If the club ends up in more prosperous hands at the end of all this then its mission achieved. 

The soft bastard has blocked me now as well. 

He doesn’t post facts he has opinions. 

They are the standard of our fans am afraid. Said numerous times now....you can’t think someone is a cut throat con man and think he cares about the losers (including the lad bragging about having been in prison) who went forest green and the kids who protested when it was on TV. 

Stand up fine but don’t pretend you are doing anything other than being a mouthpiece for kids wanting a kick off. 

• Site Supporter

Not all the Blogs are arseholes.

Burnden Way is actually well written and reasoned - not one for histrionics and bollocks.

The others are mainly just bits of kids who want a few likes. Bless them, every one.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Not all the Blogs are arseholes.

Burnden Way is actually well written and reasoned - not one for histrionics and bollocks.

The others are mainly just bits of kids who want a few likes. Bless them, every one.

Carlos had it right. They aren’t fan groups, they’re just social media accounts.

That blog kid just blocked me as well. As my old man has always said, if you can’t piss with the big dogs don’t play out. 

You take any of them on and they block you like big fuck off women. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Carlos had it right. They aren’t fan groups, they’re just social media accounts.

That blog kid just blocked me as well. As my old man has always said, if you can’t piss with the big dogs don’t play out. 

Imagine if Ken just blocked anyone he didn’t agree with from the stadium, they’d go bonkers.....

1 hour ago, Spider said:

It would appear my posts - and those of Bigtoe and a few other on here - are now being screened on Twitter by someone called “Trotters Blog”.

instead of coming on here and engaging in the discussion, he (one assumes) is choosing to snipe and lurk in an act of lame shithousery.

Happy to discuss on here kidda. Don’t be scared, you can stay behind the keyboard, we don’t bite.

I think generally people get far too wound up about what strangers think about a football chairman. There'll have been people last week disappointed everyone was paid on time, the same way there are now people hoping the new owners put us out of business so they can say 'I told you so'.

I think Ken's a twat, as I might have mentioned, but if this comes off and the new owners can take us forward, I'll give him credit for ultimately delivering.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I think generally people get far too wound up about what strangers think about a football chairman. There'll have been people last week disappointed everyone was paid on time, the same way there are now people hoping the new owners put us out of business so they can say 'I told you so'.

I think Ken's a twat, as I might have mentioned, but if this comes off and the new owners can take us forward, I'll give him credit for ultimately delivering.

Nothing wrong there mate

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Ahhh

Inject it in my veins

These people think throwing 20 slazengers and siding up with a local legend who has as much of a murky side as the owner has triggered a sale within a week

Get fucked

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

If you piss like a puppy you can’t run with the hounds

1 hour ago, Biganddaft said:

My hope is if this takeover happens we pot Parkinson and bring in someone who will have ago, it maybe to late but if we go down I want to go down fighting not with a whimper, oh and I don't hate Parkinson I just think in this league he is out of his depth 

Agree

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think it's borderline impossible to judge whether PP is 'out of his depth' or not given the hand he's been dealt.

I think it's been proved twice that this is a league too far for him, Charlton and Hull weren't under any financial restrictions when he failed, he's just a not very good manager.

8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think it's borderline impossible to judge whether PP is 'out of his depth' or not given the hand he's been dealt.

Sorry, but his signings and tactics are just piss poor at this level, not good enough.

2 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

All sounds great until those very people start acting the cunt and protesting on me, my dad and my children’s behalf.

I didn’t ask them to speak up for me last week. I didn’t ask them to kick off and create a hostile atmosphere. 

They spoke on my behalf, caused a fuss and create division. 

Say what the fuck you want on social media, debate all day long, but don’t whip up a fucking frenzy using local journalists and gullible as fuck teenage jizz stains to cause some faux outrage and a massive kick off about something nobody has an idea about. 

They don’t represent me or any of us but decided they should.

this place has been going since 1999 and should hold more clout that some filthy schmuck with a twitter account. But their voice gets heard most.

That little cunt with the wonky pallet will Jones speaking on my behalf on sky sports 1 summed the whole thing up. 

When all this is over, we will all still be there. Those cunts with their shit whiskers will be long gone. 

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

You don't get any points for what-might-have-been. Cold hard numbers say he's out if his league, almost literally 

3 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Sorry, but his signings and tactics are just piss poor at this level, not good enough.

He signings have been piss poor because he hasn't been able to spend any money. As for his tactics - they were good enough to get us up and keep us up. And I don't feel like he's really had any other option with the personnel at hand.

Can't really comment on his time at Hull and Charlton as I don't know what the context of his time in charge there was.

I think he's performed minor miracles. Although I would agree that the football has been an atrocious watch at times....

3 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

You don't get any points for what-might-have-been. Cold hard numbers say he's out if his league, almost literally 

I disagree. If he was out of his league we'd have been dead and buried last season. Given a few quid I think he'd do alright in this league. Most games have been fairly tight and attritional and it's just been a difference in quality that has cost us the game. And it's the quality that costs the money.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying he's a world beater - but I'd take him over any of our last four managers any day of the week. 

7 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He regularly signs players that can't get game time in a shit team, he has one tactic that doesn't work & his constant fucking about with his team selections is Freedmanesque...that's enough evidence for me.

It got us promoted and kept us up. So saying it doesn't work is a bit harsh. It works fine providing you've decent players in the right position. It's boring to watch mind.