Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

19 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m not sure there’d be much time to get a deal done between administration and liquidation. 

Pre-pack, sorted. Only works if the Davies family are on board (and have qualifying floating charge) because Ken won't be, that's for sure.

Edit: I doubt the Davies family could have a qualifying floating charge. I wonder if other creditors do, who could force the issue.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

When about 12 or 13 I used to play for school rugby team (wanted to play for football team but wasn't good enough), anyway you only need turn up and you could get in the rugby team.

Hardly any other schools in Bolton used to do rugby so we used to play at some very Dodgy areas around Manchester, Warrington and Liverpool areas.

Can remember once going to Kirkby one frosty Saturday morning, our game was called off (frozen) but the older lads that used to share the bus still had their game on, we had to hang about for a couple of hours round some tower blocks known as the piggeries.

Now that was rough!

Played rugby for Hayward at Ruffwood Comp and St Johns RC School Kirkby. We were "ruffer" than them.

In effect any buyer has to assume now they are buying a league one team. I wonder how much that changes the picture compared to when supposedly they set up the company to buy us with in December. Or even just two weeks ago when perhaps new owners and new impetus gave us a half chance of staying up?

I can’t imagine a loss making league one club is worth very much...you have to wonder how much impact that has on any prospects for a deal which do start to look bleaker if the usual twitter press pricks are to be believed. 

2 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Nothing's happened in the last couple of years whilst the club's been up for sale and I'm not sure there will be a flurry of bidders now that we're looking doomed to relegation. 

i cant see doing it that way , saving THAT much money or time. It is probably easier, fairer and ultimately cheaper to just do it proper. 

"football creditors rule" keeps getting challenged in the courts.. not sure buying one ; waiting it out until just after its insolvent; as suggested, helps that .. 

can see it being used as evidence in it (football) getting bosmanned into line with the other industries .

the Derby County one dayer in 2003 seemed shitbaggy and it probably could have changed then. 

not sure why football is so special.. 

stuff about insolvency auctions being a better way of buying it seems .. i dunno. wrong .

For example - Why dont they use this period of exclusivity as a timewasting tactic to force anderson into doing it (putting the club in administration) ?

i cant remember proper now , but these wages delays and hmrc wind down orders and whatevers started happening when eddie davies still owned it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/10/bolton-winding-up-petition-hmrc-unpaid-tax

i'm gonna wait .. can cope with whichever division we're in , whoever the manager is (No Coyle) , and other stuff.. But no club to watch or be interested in will be terrible. 

i hope to god it all works out.

Edited by e2e4
font changes, spelt "whatevers" wrong

16 minutes ago, LodgeMorrWhite said:

If we went into administration this season, would it be a points deduction this season or next? 

Any club entering administration after the 4th Thursday in March has their points deduction carried over to the following season.

Isn’t the difference between the Championship and League 1 meant to be circa £5m 

Any buyer needs to find that straight away and that’s just to stand still, let’s face facts though, standing still won’t get us back out of League 1 with this shower 

You’d have to assume that the buyers have expected us to go down for some time now, the bookies have 

11 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

If it is true about the buyout breaking down that's it for us Sweaty as no money to pay anybody so liquidation is a distinct possibility.

More likely administration, if there is a credible buyer.

I doubt there is a credible buyer I heard ages ago the some other consortium had agreed to buy the club but Sweaty put the price up so they did one he's gambled too much and he doesn't have ED now to save him.

i admit to supporting Sweaty previously but not anymore I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and I feel for the people who work at the club not being paid as for the players and coaching staff they don't deserve to be paid after the crap they have served up this season.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Played rugby for Hayward at Ruffwood Comp and St Johns RC School Kirkby. We were "ruffer" than them.

Are you sure?  Yer either from a scuzzy estate or have cum good from a very mediocre upbringing.

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

Isn’t the difference between the Championship and League 1 meant to be circa £5m 

Any buyer needs to find that straight away and that’s just to stand still, let’s face facts though, standing still won’t get us back out of League 1 with this shower 

You’d have to assume that the buyers have expected us to go down for some time now, the bookies have 

The difference is in revenue. It costs less to fund a League one squad. So thete is a gap given we have championship infrastructure costs but it's not the full 8 mill.

21 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

The difference is in revenue. It costs less to fund a League one squad. So thete is a gap given we have championship infrastructure costs but it's not the full 8 mill.

Thiscurrent squad is League 1, it would cost the same in any division based on current contracts 

9 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Pre-pack, sorted. Only works if the Davies family are on board (and have qualifying floating charge) because Ken won't be, that's for sure.

Edit: I doubt the Davies family could have a qualifying floating charge. I wonder if other creditors do, who could force the issue.

There are two outstanding charges (including fixed and floating charges) registered in favour of Moonshift. You can find them here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00335699/charges/4BeDzw9HUk6nn3-nUTV-vlT9E24

9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Seems to be good few rumours that the deals broke down. Nixon has also mentioned BWFC story in paper tomorrow, let’s hope buyout still possible. 

Ken's email implied that the deal was still some way from done despite the HoTs. If Ken has taken out heavy consultancy fees in 2018, I think I'd baulk at the idea of handing  over a healthy profit on his shares as well for an habitually  loss making business.

Interested to know of any counter arguments to the eight reasons why I thought Ken probably had taken out large consultancy fees in 2018.

24 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Ken's email implied that the deal was still some way from done despite the HoTs. If Ken has taken out heavy consultancy fees in 2018, I think I'd baulk at the idea of handing  over a healthy profit on his shares as well for an habitually  loss making business.

Interested to know of any counter arguments to the eight reasons why I thought Ken probably had taken out large consultancy fees in 2018.

Wasnt this charge due to be paid end of February? And if not paid hasn’t he signed over his shares to moonshift? Could moon shift be back in control? hence freezing of bank accounts? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wasnt this charge due to be paid end of February? And if not paid hasn’t he signed over his shares to moonshift? Could moonshift be back in control, hence freezing of bank accounts? 

I seem to recall the repayment date was the end of February and that there were provisions under which Moonshift could take over KA's  shares and require  KA to step down as a director. I expect that these were rights not obligations and cannot see why they should result in 'freezing of bank accounts'. I may be wrong but my recollection was that this info was previously on the Companies House file but no longer is.

3 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I seem to recall the repayment date was the end of February and that there were provisions under which Moonshift could take over KA's  shares and require  KA to step down as a director. I expect that these were rights not obligations and cannot see why they should result in 'freezing of bank accounts'. I may be wrong but my recollection was that this info was previously on the Companies House file but no longer is.

I saw both documents, think someone posted them on here. Strange that they’re not now on file. Be interesting to know what Nixon story is this morning. 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I saw both documents, think someone posted them on here. Strange that they’re not now on file. Be interesting to know what Nixon story is this morning. 

The only news about Bolton in the Sun this morning is about Beevers wanting a move to the USA because he's fed up of not being paid on time.