Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, Nowack said:

£300 a week?

Doubt it'll be that much atm, but all things aside I don't believe that admin will take that long (hope). The money aspect is fairly straightforward from my understanding. 

2 hours ago, leadfrog1 said:

Signing 20 players isn't a problem, all we'd need to do is trial every play out of contract that's been promoted out of L1 and or played more than 2 seasons in the championship in the last 5 years. Out of them we just sign the best ones. The quality of L1 isn't that high, that's why people have predicted we'll do well.

12 points is nothing, 4 wins and it's gone, I know it seems a stretch as we've been shit for so long now but it's not that hard. 

You really can't believe it's that simple, if you do, then I admire your optimism

Edited by Sweep

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I thought that, then I read it again, and tbf that is the way an incoming manager is going to have to look at it, all depends on how admin goes, and it could last for months, so maybe Leapfrog has some decent points. 

That's why I changed my text, he's still in fantasy land though. Its ridiculous to say - 12 points is nothing

Trial every play out of contract that's been promoted out of L1 and or played more than 2 seasons in the championship in the last 5 years. Out of them we just sign the best ones.

How else would you build a team to compete in L1, when you need to do it fast???

Regards to the - 12 points sure I agree it won't be easy but it's not impossible. Look at the L1 table this year and look how many draws and losses the teams have at the top, there's plenty of wiggle room. 

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

They couldn't wait to announce it

The EFL statement said we were subject to a 12 point deduction, but I can't find anything since to confirm we are getting it

To clarify I haven't seen anything to say we weren't getting the points deductions either

Edited by Pricey

21 minutes ago, Pricey said:

The EFL statement said we were subject to a 12 point deduction, but I can't find anything since to confirm we are getting it

To clarify I haven't seen anything to say we weren't getting the points deductions either

Think it will be a concrete announcement once the punishment for Brentford is sorted 

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think it will be a concrete announcement once the punishment for Brentford is sorted 

Well the reason I ask is because Blackpool got fuck all and the EFL took pity on them because of the Oyston situation, I'm hoping the same could be done for us

4 hours ago, Mantra said:

Just realized I miscalculated my dates a bit there, so we've got a bit longer than I thought but still - we'll probably exit admin as you're suggesting between mid-June and mid-July, surely mid-July has to be the final cut-off point as that would literally leave the new owners 2 weeks to sort everything out.

If it's quick and we have new owners by mid-June, 6 weeks is still very short and we will probably have a tough season.

I'm Parky Out in the sense that we need a new direction but as with much of this process, it's about timing and trying to cram in a new manager with everything else might be too much.

Seeing how PP does for a few months isn't the worst thing we could do. Even with his "anti-football" he has a good League One record and could probably get us to safety if he was given the full season, I think.

Parky struggled to win games in Div 1 ( unless we were playing Gillingham). We were awful. And that was with the following players who are better than we have a right to expect by the end of August: Ameobi, Clough, Wheater, Beevers, Morais, ALF, Spearing, Madine, Derik, Vela, Karacan, Pratley, Henry....and not forgetting 12 points with Mark Davies still playing. We struggled to score against 10 men never mind 11. Could any manager have really finished below Fleetwood with that squad? Get rid, i don't care who we bring in, as long as he builds the attack around Oztumer.

9 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Well the reason I ask is because Blackpool got fuck all and the EFL took pity on them because of the Oyston situation, I'm hoping the same could be done for us

Also aren’t we the first case of not full filling fixtures 

there will be something 

5 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Yes it’s confirmed. 

3C4F63AB-17E3-40C8-B0F4-E22C178CFC67.jpeg

Cheers mate, but it says subject to, not confirmed. I hope they take pity on us but I agree with others, I think they will nail us big time, but I think the fuckers need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror because they help cause that fucking fiasco

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Also aren’t we the first case of not full filling fixtures 

there will be something 

Why was the game called off? Was it because we couldn't get the SAG certificate because of unpaid fees?

7 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Cheers mate, but it says subject to, not confirmed. I hope they take pity on us but I agree with others, I think they will nail us big time, but I think the fuckers need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror because they help cause that fucking fiasco

‘The sanction will take effect next season in league one’. Think that’s pretty much confirmed 

I’m sure that followed from players not playing, if the team players agreed I’m sure that game would of gone a head 

I thought the players did agree to play it on the Tuesday night?

Not sure about that tbh 

I also remember an interview with the Brentford captain saying that the majority of the players were going on holiday after the final game, Maybe they had a word with the EFL about their availability. I just think the EFL in March stated that the club had funds to carry on until the end of the season, the following week, the players hadn't been paid then the issue with the emergency SAG meeting where miraculously the overdue payments were made to the emergency services so that game went ahead. So in my mind the EFL have done their own due diligence and done a piss poor job at it which they should be held accountable for.

I suppose what I am trying to say is would this situation be just as fucked up if they had their checks correctly  

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Parky struggled to win games in Div 1 ( unless we were playing Gillingham). We were awful. And that was with the following players who are better than we have a right to expect by the end of August: Ameobi, Clough, Wheater, Beevers, Morais, ALF, Spearing, Madine, Derik, Vela, Karacan, Pratley, Henry....and not forgetting 12 points with Mark Davies still playing. We struggled to score against 10 men never mind 11. Could any manager have really finished below Fleetwood with that squad? Get rid, i don't care who we bring in, as long as he builds the attack around Oztumer.

I do agree with what you're saying, my point was more that players are probably going to be the first priority, seen as we have so few of them. Therefore, if we're overhauling the whole team then finding a new manager on top of that just adds to an already huge workload

If our next manager is to be the right choice, it might be worth waiting out PP for a short time until someone else is available and when the club is more settled and attractive to potential managers.

All the immediate managerial options will be the rejects OR will be in (pre-)season with their squads when this takeover is completed. Of course, it's not impossible to pay compensation or find someone who is available - but just another mess to sort out that won't be easy.

It's a tough one though because - is the new owner going to be another "superagent" who signs players based off financial decisions and the manager has to deal with what he's given, as PP seems to have had to do?

OR do the new owners want to go from the top down and get a manager in place first (possibly a DoF) and then liaise with them to identify the best players to sign.

While the latter option is no doubt better, do we have the time to do it? Possibly a week negotiating a compensation package with another club. 2-3 weeks identifying player targets. 1-4 weeks negotiating with clubs of those players/the players themselves.

Even if we DO have the time to do it, with a possible embargo in place, is our pool of options going to be too limited to sign players that fit a certain philosophy? It might be best to get a DoF in place first, keep PP as a placeholder manager, sign the best players we can in accordance with the DoF's views and then when the time is right, appoint a manager who becomes available and fits the DoF's views.

If money and time is no issue though then I'm fully for getting PP out the door ASAP. If it's the Chinese consortium then they already have football connections so all the issues I've raised may be invalid and they can get everything done quickly but that does seem too good to be true.

It's a rebuilding process and because of that getting rid of everyone and replacing them isn't something you can wave a magic wand at unless you're loaded.

Hope this doesn't come across as an angry post, I'm just venting my thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

I do agree with what you're saying, my point was more that players are probably going to be the first priority, seen as we have so few of them. Therefore, if we're overhauling the whole team then finding a new manager on top of that just adds to an already huge workload

If our next manager is to be the right choice, it might be worth waiting out PP for a short time until someone else is available and when the club is more settled and attractive to potential managers.

All the immediate managerial options will be the rejects OR will be in (pre-)season with their squads when this takeover is completed. Of course, it's not impossible to pay compensation or find someone who is available - but just another mess to sort out that won't be easy.

It's a tough one though because - is the new owner going to be another "superagent" who signs players based off financial decisions and the manager has to deal with what he's given, as PP seems to have had to do?

OR do the new owners want to go from the top down and get a manager in place first (possibly a DoF) and then liaise with them to identify the best players to sign.

While the latter option is no doubt better, do we have the time to do it? Possibly a week negotiating a compensation package with another club. 2-3 weeks identifying player targets. 1-4 weeks negotiating with clubs of those players/the players themselves.

Even if we DO have the time to do it, with a possible embargo in place, is our pool of options going to be too limited to sign players that fit a certain philosophy? It might be best to get a DoF in place first, keep PP as a placeholder manager, sign the best players we can in accordance with the DoF's views and then when the time is right, appoint a manager who becomes available and fits the DoF's views.

If money and time is no issue though then I'm fully for getting PP out the door ASAP. If it's the Chinese consortium then they already have football connections so all the issues I've raised may be invalid and they can get everything done quickly but that does seem too good to be true.

It's a rebuilding process and because of that getting rid of everyone and replacing them isn't something you can wave a magic wand at unless you're loaded.

Hope this doesn't come across as an angry post, I'm just venting my thoughts. 

So, in a word.