Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Simple Simon?

Simon Nightingale, ST board member and the one who went on that extraordinary rant against Michael James at the public forum the ST had a month or so ago.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Club shop re-stocked

ST renewals due out

New manager in (a must)

Friendlies announcement due

Floodlights and concourse at the Reebok given a lick of paint 

Stadium re-named

Here's hoping to happy days 😊

Every time I walk under a flood light pillar, I always look at the green algae and think, can't someone just come out and wash just the bottom few feet, where it's worse and obvious.

Looks tacky.

3 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Simon Nightingale, ST board member and the one who went on that extraordinary rant against Michael James at the public forum the ST had a month or so ago.

Okay. 

Well in answer to Chris' question, it doesn't really matter what he thinks does it? But Chris knows that, I did however, give Chris the chance to crowbar one of his pet names in. 

Beltin'. 

10 minutes ago, Big E said:

Hopefully it will all be cleaned and painted. The supporters trust could win folk over by encouraging fans to help. It works for HSV ultras who painted bits of their ground this week

That’s the sort of ground level stuff that the Trust (and BWSA, if they still exist) should be using to engage with fans and at least attempt to remain relevant now that their delusions of owning the club appear to be out of the window. 

I guess it’s something that doesn’t really happen at pro level in this country and there’s maybe a bit of snobbery in that regard, but Sunderland seemed to have a positive response last season when asking fans to help replace those pink seats they used to have. 

1 hour ago, Pricey said:

I agree with this, an experienced manager with David Lee as his number 2

It doesn't work like that though. Can you think of 1 experienced manager who has ever been told to take a coach he may never have met as his no.2? And when he gets sacked in a year or 2 that's Lee out of a job too because someone else is coaching the U23s by then.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It doesn't work like that though. Can you think of 1 experienced manager who has ever been told to take a coach he may never have met as his no.2? And when he gets sacked in a year or 2 that's Lee out of a job too because someone else is coaching the U23s by then.

Phil Brown remained as assistant manager when Allardyce replaced Todd. 

Just now, Big E said:

Hopefully it will all be cleaned and painted. The supporters trust could win folk over by encouraging fans to help. It works for HSV ultras who painted bits of their ground this week

That's an idea that would get some fans on board but it would send out all the wrong messages financially if it looked like the new owners can't even afford a painter & decorator.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Dean Smith at Villa???

Good response but I would say Sam wasn't an 'experienced' manager then and would have been massively grateful to go from Notts to bolton, as he said in his book. And presumably with their Bolton connections they weren't exactly strangers. We all know experienced managers bring their team with them generally, rightly so.

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Phil Brown remained as assistant manager when Allardyce replaced Todd. 

Just now, Pricey said:

Dean Smith at Villa???

Another good shout. Maybe I should re-phrase it, who was the last experienced manager to take a job that wasn't his dream job that didn't bring a team with him? The conclusion is if we want David Lee as assistant we either get Dave Flitcroft, Keith Hill or Brownie.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Good response but I would say Sam wasn't an 'experienced' manager then and would have been massively grateful to go from Notts to bolton, as he said in his book. And presumably with their Bolton connections they weren't exactly strangers. We all know experienced managers bring their team with them generally, rightly so.

So what is it you're saying? David Lee as manager or keep him where he is?

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Another good shout. Maybe I should re-phrase it, who was the last experienced manager to take a job that wasn't his dream job that didn't bring a team with him? The conclusion is if we want David Lee as assistant we either get Dave Flitcroft, Keith Hill or Brownie.

Allardyce at Everton? David Lee has been in football 40+ years. Surely he would have built relationships with other members of the footballing world. Maybe he can play some part in the coaching doesn't necessarily have to be number 2. Look at Duncan Ferguson, Steven Reid and Darren Moore (who in my opinion shouldnt have been sacked). But on the other hand look at what Brendan Rodgers has achieved since leaving Chelsea and Steven Gerrard! I hear Jody Morris at Chelsea u23s is a brilliant coach.

Great news new owners fresh start PP as to go as for a new manager love to see the Northern Ireland manager in charge but that's not likely agree David Lee as a number 2 with an experienced man in charge possibly Adkins from Hull I believe he's pissed off at Hull.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Great news new owners fresh start PP as to go as for a new manager love to see the Northern Ireland manager in charge but that's not likely agree David Lee as a number 2 with an experienced man in charge possibly Adkins from Hull I believe he's pissed off at Hull.

Left Hull last week...