Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Question. 

Whoever buys the club. Is the administrators job to make sure all debts and obligations are consolidated ? So nothing can come out of the woodwork ? 

Previous deals have apparently fallen through due to things not being disclosed. 

39 minutes ago, Ani said:

Question. 

Whoever buys the club. Is the administrators job to make sure all debts and obligations are consolidated ? So nothing can come out of the woodwork ? 

Previous deals have apparently fallen through due to things not being disclosed. 

Yeah the administrators employed a team of ten accountants to go through everything with a fine toothed comb. Their legal duty is to ensure a best solution possible for creditors. 

4 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Do I take it that you remain just a little sceptical about the administrators blandishments that 'the preferred bidder has both the financial ability and the determination to turn around the fortunes of this great football club' ?

I do have a healthy scepticism Chris, that is true.

I tend to not count my chickens until they are hatched so to speak.

Since before Eddie sold the club I've been asking myself the rhetorical question as to what financial sense would there be in anyone wanting to buy BWFC, with it being in the catchment area of much bigger and financially powerful clubs and limited to at most a 30,000 capacity stadium and thus finite matchday income.

Benny's kind (and probable) explanation at long last gives me an answer that I can see as feasible (as opposed to we'll be in the Premier League in three years or it is another Eddie like fan of the team willing to piss his millions down a huge black financial hole) and thus could accept the purchase was more about developing the land as the priority and keeping the club ticking over as a sort of subsidiary objective.

I'd be delighted if however the Administrators words come to fruition in that the club comes first (or equal first) on their agenda of investment, development and progress but it's at that point my scepticism kicks in with spending money on the development of the land to make money seeming to me to be more preferable than spending money on a club that depending on whatever points deduction may come our way for the cancelled game because of the players strike - may be facing relegation to the fourth tier at the end of this forthcoming season.

I'd be more than delighted to be proved wrong but for now I'd be simply happy for the new owners to keep us ticking over (and they most certainly will with James on board) whilst they go about securing a return on their investment by developing the land the club owns.

Whilst not wishing to end the conversation on a negative the statement above "the preferred bidder has both the financial ability and the determination to turn around the fortunes of this great football club" - could simply be meant as saving the club from liquidation and keep it at a level of bare minimally solvency for the foreseeable future.

Anyway whatever happens onwards and upwards from now on.  We still have a club to support, a fan on the board of the company who seems to be the new owners, who has an investment in the club of £5.5m already and Phil Parkinson still in charge.  I'm only joking about the last bit of course to see if people were still reading.

I do wonder why anyone would want to invest in a retail park shopping when social change is seemingly condemning them to history but I guess if people can get their short term returns then they won't be too bothered what they invest in as long as its ethical.

David Lee as manager with Gary Megson as wise old head assistant - would that work perhaps?

What a fine man Edwin was, the joy he brought to so many faces must of made him so happy being a huge fan and Boltonian to boot.  To have another Bolton fan on the board is paramount, i can only imagine one thing being better than recieving a medal from our Queen is being the new owner of our club and watching us score our first goal.  I hope they enjoy it as much as we do.

I've not had a drink tonight, just feeling the love.

9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I do have a healthy scepticism Chris, that is true.

I tend to not count my chickens until they are hatched so to speak.

Since before Eddie sold the club I've been asking myself the rhetorical question as to what financial sense would there be in anyone wanting to buy BWFC, with it being in the catchment area of much bigger and financially powerful clubs and limited to at most a 30,000 capacity stadium and thus finite matchday income.

Benny's kind (and probable) explanation at long last gives me an answer that I can see as feasible (as opposed to we'll be in the Premier League in three years or it is another Eddie like fan of the team willing to piss his millions down a huge black financial hole) and thus could accept the purchase was more about developing the land as the priority and keeping the club ticking over as a sort of subsidiary objective.

I'd be delighted if however the Administrators words come to fruition in that the club comes first (or equal first) on their agenda of investment, development and progress but it's at that point my scepticism kicks in with spending money on the development of the land to make money seeming to me to be more preferable than spending money on a club that depending on whatever points deduction may come our way for the cancelled game because of the players strike - may be facing relegation to the fourth tier at the end of this forthcoming season.

I'd be more than delighted to be proved wrong but for now I'd be simply happy for the new owners to keep us ticking over (and they most certainly will with James on board) whilst they go about securing a return on their investment by developing the land the club owns.

Whilst not wishing to end the conversation on a negative the statement above "the preferred bidder has both the financial ability and the determination to turn around the fortunes of this great football club" - could simply be meant as saving the club from liquidation and keep it at a level of bare minimally solvency for the foreseeable future.

Anyway whatever happens onwards and upwards from now on.  We still have a club to support, a fan on the board of the company who seems to be the new owners, who has an investment in the club of £5.5m already and Phil Parkinson still in charge.  I'm only joking about the last bit of course to see if people were still reading.

I do wonder why anyone would want to invest in a retail park shopping when social change is seemingly condemning them to history but I guess if people can get their short term returns then they won't be too bothered what they invest in as long as its ethical.

David Lee as manager with Gary Megson as wise old head assistant - would that work perhaps?

Do you think they''ll find a place on the board for Rigsby, Smiffy or Nightingale and all that lark?

14 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Do you think they''ll find a place on the board for Rigsby, Smiffy or Nightingale and all that lark?

Your standards are slipping Chris. In your haste to introduce two new pet names you've broke your own iron law and forgot to use an older one. 

38 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Love hate. Lee loves us. Megson hates us Could work in some kind of weird balance...?

I just love the thought that a new broom would come in and make a pretty popular decision in appointing Lee but then bring that right back on itself by having Megson on board too. Crackers. 

27 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Your standards are slipping Chris. In your haste to introduce two new pet names you've broke your own iron law and forgot to use an older one. 

Can anyone come up with one for our feathered friend? Nightinthewoods, Nightinthepub, Nightinwhitesatin?

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Love hate. Lee loves us. Megson hates us Could work in some kind of weird balance...?

I said it as a joke mate.

I put a similar line in about Billy Davies being the 'mentor' to Jules Darby some posts back but nobody responded.

I'm already on record in saying that I believe whoever will be or manager will be limited to what the new owners budget is to bring about a change.  I'm guessing to pay off Parkinson and his staff will cost say £1m and if they went after another manager and his team already in a job, a similar amount or more in compensation - do they have that sort of money - was the £1m put into the club before the purchase intended to pay off Parkinson as soon as possible so a new man (not the bloke who works on the elevators) can get to work rebuilding a squad without delay?

For the record whatever happens I don't believe Billy Davies will be part of our next management team and I don't believe Gary Megson will be either.

Neil Warnock perhaps?

(for the avoidance of any doubt, I don't believe Warnock will be either ).

(nor the bloke who works on the elevators).

56 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I know RRF. Most of em are more interested in newts and Holts beer than in the great and glorious leaders of BWFCST.

Holts' beer and newts are about as relevant to the future running of the club as the current BWFCST board in fairness.