Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
Kane57

Take Over

34 minutes ago, snowball said:

Utter bollocks again and yet another example of your constant agenda that seems to be blame the plebs/fans for everything because i know better (comes thru in your comments on Brexit as well the same intolerance and dismissive attitude)

Gartside was paying himself around what £500k per year? to make the big decisions. He appointed Coyle and if he went for a 'fans favourite' maybe as a result of previously appointing the almost universally hated Megson (whats betting you loved him?) Well that was down to the chairman not the fans. 

If you want to watch Parkyball you knock yourself out you will have stadium to yourself and you csn be happy as a pig in shite watching shite

Doesn’t matter who made the decision. Fans were calling for it. A clear example of why listening to fans isn’t always a good idea. I have no doubt any new owner will make their own decisions. And eventually want their own man anyway.

51 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

After years of negativity and a downward spiral the most important thing before the next season kicks off is positivity

No it fucking isn't. The most important thing is to get the best person/people we can to start afresh and to start building the club up again.

Allardyce will come in for one reason and one reason only... to get paid a shit load of cash. Not because he loves BWFC.

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

No it fucking isn't. The most important thing is to get the best person/people we can to start afresh and to start building the club up again.

Allardyce will come in for one reason and one reason only... to get paid a shit load of cash. Not because he loves BWFC.

Yes it fucking is, season ticket holders who I know in the over 50’s who have been going since 60/70’s are seriously considering not bothering this time unless there is hope of turning a corner, once fans stop going and find something else to do on Saturday afternoon they don’t come back

Should know some on here cant say anything nice about the guy who gave us best times in living memory. Doesnt matter anyway just a memory now but wherever he goes Sam will never be appreciated and loved as he is at BWFC. Most of us anyway 

42 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Doesn’t matter who made the decision. Fans were calling for it. A clear example of why listening to fans isn’t always a good idea. I have no doubt any new owner will make their own decisions. And eventually want their own man anyway.

The fans have been calling for free ale & butter on hotdogs & a complimentary reacharound from the reebok rebels but nobody listened.... 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How good is it to hear the club means so much. 

Really good this, I like the cut of his jib as well. Great grounding, humble and can see how he is able to motivate young players.

These podcasts are miles better when Dearden isn't butting in and shouting over everyone.

I think it’s clear that BSA or even a few decent signings would lift the mood and help put bums on seats 

If it’s Parky and more dross signings then we will do well to sell 5k ST 

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I think it’s clear that BSA or even a few decent signings would lift the mood and help put bums on seats 

If it’s Parky and more dross signings then we will do well to sell 5 ST 

EFA

Why do people on Twitter think the takeover is like the X-Factor or BGT? The amount of comments along the lines of "will we find out the final 5" and "will we as fans get to decide who we want" is staggering. The answers are maybe if they want to reveal themselves afterwards and will we fuck. 

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Yes it fucking is, season ticket holders who I know in the over 50’s who have been going since 60/70’s are seriously considering not bothering this time unless there is hope of turning a corner, once fans stop going and find something else to do on Saturday afternoon they don’t come back

What a load of sentimental crap.

I fully agree that if Parky stays then folk will stay away. After the shite he's served up I wouldn't blame them.

But of the only reason they'll come back is if Allardyce returns is frankly bollocks. Having a manager who sends a team out to try and win matches is all it will take.

As for not giving Big Sam any credit, I for one am grateful for everything he did whilst with us. It was nothing short of a miracle what he did with us. But that's been and gone now and as I said earlier, the ONLY reason he'd come back to us is if he was rewarded extremely handsomely, he'd not be doing it for any other reason.

8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I'm sorry if you found my reply to be 'bellended'.

Clearly no one else were going to give you a full answer to your question, and similarly I hadn't the enthusiasm to do so myself, particularly because of the fact it had already been answered two days previously.

I did however trouble myself to try to help you by referring you to the historical information contained in this thread.

Clearly you didn't wish to take up my advise, or thank me for my bother and replied to me by posting a link to Companies House which showed the filing history of BL.

This necessitated me to reply back to you with a link to BWFAC showing its filing history and the appointment of the Administrator being recorded on the 10th June.  Looking further at that entry would lead you to a PDF showing that the Administrators were actually appointed on the 13th May and the completed form to Companies House signed and dated the 22nd May!

I've learned my lesson though I won't trouble myself trying to be of any help to you in the future and hopefully some non 'bellend' will give you a full and informed answer instead - or more likely not.

I'm further sorry if you feel I've somehow preventing you contributing to the discussion by pointing you in the right direction to seek the answer to your question you asked that had already been answered on here two days earlier.

Have a nice day.

I'm afraid, Sluffy, that in my haste I misread your earlier post. The issue I noticed earlier today was that the appointment of Quantuma as  administrators to the hotel was not a subsequent event to the appointment of David Rubin & Partners to administer BL and BWFC  but that it too had taken place on 13 May. It shouldn't make any practical difference but it is a different sequence of events to that that seemed to have been portayed in the BN.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Really good this, I like the cut of his jib as well. Great grounding, humble and can see how he is able to motivate young players.

These podcasts are miles better when Dearden isn't butting in and shouting over everyone.

Amazing how a group of professional broadcasters can regularly put out such a confused mess of a podcast

9 hours ago, DazBob said:

What a load of sentimental crap.

I fully agree that if Parky stays then folk will stay away. After the shite he's served up I wouldn't blame them.

But of the only reason they'll come back is if Allardyce returns is frankly bollocks. Having a manager who sends a team out to try and win matches is all it will take.

As for not giving Big Sam any credit, I for one am grateful for everything he did whilst with us. It was nothing short of a miracle what he did with us. But that's been and gone now and as I said earlier, the ONLY reason he'd come back to us is if he was rewarded extremely handsomely, he'd not be doing it for any other reason.

This

11 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I'll take the first season and a half under Coyle right now if you're offering.

Also, if we are resigning ourselves to doom because we'll only be able to sign shite... well it makes even more sense to have a manager who might use the one player we've got who's proven to be among the best in this division.

Edited by Tombwfc

16 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I'll take the first season and a half under Coyle right now if you're offering.

Also, if we are resigning ourselves to doom because we'll only be able to sign shite... well it makes even more sense to have a manager who might use the one player we've got who's proven to be among the best in this division.

Will you also take the financial ruin his ineptitude precipitated? 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Will you also take the financial ruin his ineptitude precipitated? 

Agreewith you about Coyle but here's Deloitte's summary of 2006/07, the year BSA walked out doubling his £1.5m p.a. salary and putting the boot into the club that had helped make his reputation.

BWFC could never spend enough to keep BSA happy but his legacy was one in which scarcely any player would come through the ranks for years afterwards and Premiership survival was dependent upon spending EDs money in ever larger quantities.

We finished 2006/07 in seventh place with declining attendances, a negative goal difference one point ahead of Reading, two points in front of Portsmouth and four in front of Blackburn.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301797/Deloitte-football-finance-review-Club-by-club-Premier-League-analysis.html

5 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Agreewith you about Coyle but here's Deloitte's summary of 2006/07, the year BSA walked out doubling his £1.5m p.a. salary and putting the boot into the club that had helped make his reputation.

BWFC could never spend enough to keep BSA happy but his legacy was one in which scarcely any player would come through the ranks for years afterwards and Premiership survival was dependent upon spending EDs money in ever larger quantities.

We finished 2006/07 in seventh place with declining attendances, a negative goal difference one point ahead of Reading, two points in front of Portsmouth and four in front of Blackburn.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301797/Deloitte-football-finance-review-Club-by-club-Premier-League-analysis.html

Think any of us would have taken the £6mil deficit compared to the shambles that happened after BSA left. Looking at that list we are were much better off than clubs competing in the same group as us. As no one knows what BSA was earning when he decided to leave we have no way of knowing if your point about him going for the money is actually true, my recollection is that he got the Newcastle job in the close season months after he left us as he was a free agent by then.

Preferred bidder chosen and agreed to inject £1m into the club for immediate running and player sales

Under 1 million to fund a full new squad?   

Better than feck all is what I reckon

2 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

no thank you. :lol:

If it's not Bassini, top is coming off and swinging it around in the office.

But I do have visions of Bassini stood on pitch with a scarf and that fucking manic grin.

Edited by Marc505