Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

All those take overs during the 80’s n 90’s and we knew nothing.  All of a sudden, we are glued and addicted to the in’s and out’s of this one.  Take me back, it was so much easier.  God bless every past owner, at least we didn’t go through what he did.

16 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Companies House records for FV (Whites) has registered today a change in address for Michael James to 173 Chorley New Road, being the offices of Baldwins Accountants (which had taken over the sitting CLB Coopers some months ago).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11761052/filing-history

https://giphy.com/embed/ACEWc4xcm2B1u

Edited by Morizio

5 minutes ago, Morizio said:

For what it is worth I posted up the information as I thought it was highly unusual for anybody who is a Director of a company about to purchase a football club out of Administration (of which you have a £5m interest in), to change their accountant, at precisely the same time as there's been an unexpected (and a seemingly sudden) delay to enter into that purchase, and which no information forthcoming as to why that delay has occurred.

Maybe you might consider having some sort of a change yourself, perhaps tweak your user name a little from Morizio to Moronico, as all you seem to do (as per your posting history) is to post abusive and moronic comments all the time.

Does nobody find it odd that none of the ‘other’ bidders have broken cover, perhaps sore at losing £25K on a venture that they realistically had no chance of ‘winning’?

Reading between the lines, FV were probably the only bidder outside of Bassini & Gaspard and are possibly struggling to find the ‘upfront’ cash to satisfy the EFL requirements for exiting administration. I suspect the delay is actually trying to get the EFL to approve a staged payment structure as opposed to the ‘upfront’ settlement. This will then presumably be put to creditors to approve (creditors including one K Anderson).

6 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Does nobody find it odd that none of the ‘other’ bidders have broken cover, perhaps sore at losing £25K on a venture that they realistically had no chance of ‘winning’?

They signed NDAs, so not very odd at all.

28 minutes ago, Damocles said:

I suspect the delay is actually trying to get the EFL to approve a staged payment structure as opposed to the ‘upfront’ settlement. This will then presumably be put to creditors to approve (creditors including one K Anderson).

I suspect not . 

Both Iles and Nixon have ( late last week ) alluded to the fact that the delay is nothing to do with the deal per se 

19 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Reading between the lines, FV were probably the only bidder outside of Bassini & Gaspard and are possibly struggling to find the ‘upfront’ cash to satisfy the EFL requirements for exiting administration. I suspect the delay is actually trying to get the EFL to approve a staged payment structure as opposed to the ‘upfront’ settlement. This will then presumably be put to creditors to approve (creditors including one K Anderson).

Well for a start the Administrator confirmed there were FIVE bidders, not three as you suggest and that the identified preferred bidder's bid -

"...met every criteria laid down by the Joint Administrators".  

one of which was -

" - Ability to satisfy secured, football and unsecured creditors.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/statement-on-behalf-of-the-joint-administrators-for-bolton-wanderers/

So on the face of it - and considering the preferred bidders have already put £1m in to the club - I suggest your 'reading between the lines' to be somewhat misread.

6 hours ago, Traf said:

The latest social media conspiracy theory is that the administrators are dragging it out to screw more money out for themselves.

FFS Kill me now.

You wait till you see how much they walk away with. Our Administrators PandA were investigated for doing just that.

8 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

All those take overs during the 80’s n 90’s and we knew nothing.  All of a sudden, we are glued and addicted to the in’s and out’s of this one.  Take me back, it was so much easier.  God bless every past owner, at least we didn’t go through what he did.

I’m struggling to think of a chairman before Gordon Hargreaves. 

2 hours ago, green genie said:

You wait till you see how much they walk away with. Our Administrators PandA were investigated for doing just that.

Oh no, I'm well aware of their fees.

I'm just not having it that they're delaying a sale to enable them to earn more. 

6 hours ago, gonzo said:

I remember Chaytow and another bloke in his 60's-70's, Stan Anderson George Mulhall era I think, black hair, his picture was taken in the stands as he watched a game.  He had us for a short while.

7 hours ago, gonzo said:

I'd posted something up on Nuts some years back and although it isn't a complete list it was the best I could put together at the time -

George Warburton, who was married to Maureen, was Wanderers chairman for eight years in the 1970s and 1980s. His son Brett is the current vice-chairman.

As many people will know, Nat worked tirelessly in the early 1980s when our former Chairman, the late Terry Edge, introduced the Lifeline scheme. Nat appealed to the people of Bolton to help to save Bolton Wanderers Football Club at what was a very difficult time financially.

Barry Chaytow was the chairman in 1988 when we got out of the fourth division and quit in February 1989 when he was out voted over the proposed sacking of Phil Neal - Chaytow wanted Neal out, the board backed Neal instead

Phil Gartside succeeded Gordon Hargreaves who quit the post in October 1999 (three weeks after the resignation of Colin Todd)

Hargreaves had succeeded the late Sam Jones in January, 1991

Although the following were not Chairmen they were directors and I add them purely for interest -

BRIAN Turnbull, who served on the Bolton and Manchester City boards in the 1980s, has died in the Isle of Man after an illness.

A millionaire property developer, he took over the duties of managing director and chief executive at Bolton when Derrick Warburton stood down in March 1981.
He also became Bolton's vice-chairman and was the club's biggest single shareholder with 27 per cent but left the club within a year when directors vetoed his scheme to raise cash on a shares deal.

Also Des McBain was a Director at Bolton Wanderers. He joined the club as Secretary 32 years ago before later moving to occupy the position of Chief Executive.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t7406-board-members#151959