Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
Kane57

Take Over

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Do you truly believe that the wheels would grind to a halt because of the passing of a family member related to FV? That is unless said family member was providing funding that is now locked up in probate.

I dont believe the wheels have ground to a halt 

Things are taking longer than anticipated - but things are still moving 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Damocles said:

The £1M you reference here is the amount Michael James already ‘lent’ the club in April. 

There is a significant difference between 5 groups ‘paying to see the books’ and 5 ‘formalised bids’. 

Satisfying the EFL requirements is fairly subjective in respect of how it is paid. 

Shaun Harvey has made no comment on anybody satisfying any conditions yet.

Shaun Harvey wont be saying anything he has retired 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Shaun Harvey wont be saying anything he has retired 

Pedantry aside, you know what he means, the EFL have made no comment in respect of this.

Edited by Howardroark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinell, doom-bringers!

What would Nixon and Iles have been on about with “some things are not for the public.” If you’re insinuating the problem isn’t a personal issue but a financial one?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Damocles said:

The £1M you reference here is the amount Michael James already ‘lent’ the club in April. 

There is a significant difference between 5 groups ‘paying to see the books’ and 5 ‘formalised bids’. 

Satisfying the EFL requirements is fairly subjective in respect of how it is paid. 

Shaun Harvey has made no comment on anybody satisfying any conditions yet.

Well unless you are saying the Administrator is lying then I refer you back to what he said in his statement -

"The preferred bidder has also agreed to inject £1million into the club in order to fund the immediate running of the club and the rebuilding of the playing squad ahead of the new season".

'To inject' meaning future tense not past, 'immediate' meaning now not last month, and 'rebuilding of playing squad' that can only happen when the transfer window opens next month.

I agree there is a difference to see the books and 'formalised bids' and that's why the Administrator announced SIX 'paying to see the books' and they progressing to -

"The remaining five candidates have now been asked to supply their final offers which will also include both proof and source of funding".

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/statement-on-behalf-of-the-joint-administrators/

The EFL aren't that subjective about how creditors are paid, it certainly makes mention of agreed payment within two years or three, with the extra year resulting in a higher level of percentage required to be paid back to unsecured creditors.

As for the EFL, they rarely comment on anything much until the event is over.

 

I've enjoyed your work in the past Howard but this is poor from Damocles, or had you job swapped for the day and are you are now sat back on your thrown and Damocles returned to being one of your attendants again?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Pedantry aside, you know what he means, the EFL have made no comment in respect of this.

Its 2 months tomorrow since Ken failed to stage the Brentford match and the EFL still haven't got round to confirming if there will be a punishment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Pedantry aside, you know what he means, the EFL have made no comment in respect of this.

Oh whoopee.  You're back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Oh whoopee.  You're back.

Yay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard/Damocles,  are you saying that the £1m mentioned by the Administrators, a couple weeks ago, is the same £1m that was injected in April?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, lowcarbon said:

Howard/Damocles,  are you saying that the £1m mentioned by the Administrators, a couple weeks ago, is the same £1m that was injected in April?

 

That's what he said, but the administrators said not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I'd posted something up on Nuts some years back and although it isn't a complete list it was the best I could put together at the time -

George Warburton, who was married to Maureen, was Wanderers chairman for eight years in the 1970s and 1980s. His son Brett is the current vice-chairman.

 

Aye he was chairman when my dad ran the supporters club. His Mrs at the time used to babysit young Brett.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye he was chairman when my dad ran the supporters club. His Mrs at the time used to babysit young Brett.

 

 

Arthur?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Arthur?

My old man?

No he’s Mick Ramsden pal, ran the coach travel and even the club football team for a while. Big Ste LA white his star player :)...ended up cleaning the windows too haha

When he moved to Chorley he took over the supporters club there too. Think it was there they had the bus crash on the way back from Chelsea away (I think) on a night match. Phillis and her lad Thomas on board, flipped on its roof etc. Few might remember it on here.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Howardroark said:

Pedantry aside, you know what he means, the EFL have made no comment in respect of this.

Hello Howard - its really good to see that you are still here - your presence has been missed by  many  

The only point I am trying to make and I really am not the pedantic type - is this - Why would the  EFL make any comment at all  ? 

and why is the absence of any such comment a cause for concern ? 

When Simon Sadler and Henry Teh were recently announced as the new Blackpool owners and Investors ( with David Rubin and Co handling the process ) was there a statement from the EFL ? Seriously - did they make any sort of statement at all ?    If so I have missed it 

When David Rubin and co were appointed as administrators to BWFC they said ( 22 May )  "we are advising all those with a serious interest to provide information concurrently to the EFL in respect of their Owners' and Directors' Test in order to satisfy those demands" 

I would have thought it reasonable to assume when David Rubin and Co announce they have identified preferred new owners on 14 th June  - " Administrators announced on Thursday that they had identified a preferred new owner for the League One club." that at the very least the administrators had ensured that the preferred owners had satisfied EFL requirements ? 

I just think what we are witnessing is an  understandable clamour for the matter to be resolved immediately , when personal matters - such as a bereavement may have caused a short term delay and  whilst at the same time the separation out of the hotel from the main football club acquisition deal may also present opportunities for mischief making by those clinging to their  last vestiges of "power " 

 

 

 

Edited by Benny The Ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The silence isn't good for any of us but I do think the £1m injection is a totally separate matter to the previous funding provided. This from the Bolton News just a few days ago seems to reiterate this " It is understood Football Ventures have planned ahead and injected £1million into the club for running costs but the bulk of the work can only be done once they have completely agreed a deal with existing creditors and put their name above the door."

We all want news, but I would hate for the rumour mill to go into overdrive and spread panic even more so. Until told otherwise, I think all we can do is surely believe what has been said, which is that there are circumstances that appear incorrect to report, one assumes on personal grounds. 

The delays are obviously worrying - FV dragged this out for ages back from Feb through April or so, but I just hope they are the real deal this time. I do wonder if this drags past Friday, what the administrators course of action would be. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how many times I hear the, “this is a multi-million-pound deal, be patient.” argument, I still can’t help but worry about the takeover. Obviously patience is important and we have to trust the process will be concluded but if it goes tits up we are done.

I drove past the stadium not 20 minutes ago and felt a sense of sadness at the meaninglessness of the stadium without the fans around and how grim it would be to see it disappear.

I am not a religious man but I will soon resort to prayer if there’s no word by Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hearing that acquiring the hotel is a part of the FV plan

That isn't proving easy

Not sure how that fits with Iles reporting of the delay

 

 

I think we should flatten the reebok, develop the site and buy Gigg Lane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2019 at 11:27, Okocha10 said:

You got this conclusion from?? 

Seems I assumed correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Casino said:

I'm hearing that acquiring the hotel is a part of the FV plan

That isn't proving easy

Not sure how that fits with Iles reporting of the delay

 

 

I think we should flatten the reebok, develop the site and buy Gigg Lane

You would😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casino said:

 

I think we should flatten the reebok, develop the site and buy Gigg Lane

Can we fit a ground on Moor lane bus station 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Can we fit a ground on Moor lane bus station 

Probably a 5 a side pitch with couple of thousand seats. Mind you that would be fit for purpose. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Casino said:

I'm hearing that acquiring the hotel is a part of the FV plan

That isn't proving easy

Not sure how that fits with Iles reporting of the delay

 

 

I think we should flatten the reebok, develop the site and buy Gigg Lane

Why not get the rest of the deal done and worry about the hotel later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why not get the rest of the deal done and worry about the hotel later. 

Doing that takes 'no deal' off the table. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Can we fit a ground on Moor lane bus station 

And the Hoolies can be taken to court next door 😀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.