Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Fresh start under FV....??

I'm really hoping that this is more Nixon bollocks or a wind up, but I seriously think people under estimate how much damage this will cause - the majority of fans have seriously had enough of Parkinson & his dire, shite, boring as fuck, hoof ball, anti non football.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Jeebster said:

Well it wont be Parkinson will it, he takes no responsibility for anything on the pitch - nothing is ever his fault

It'll be back to Div 4 Burnden crowds of 3,000-4,000 in the 80's....why don't' FV listen if they retain Parkinson they may as well throw money down the drain, they must know fcuk all about football if they are thinking of retaining the 'dinosaur'.

FV will lose the majority of fans from day one if they retain Parkinson - serious major mistake if true

Fucking hell 

just fucking hell 

Whether you hate him, or not, he’s still here despite not being paid for months. Way I see it there is no time to appoint a manager and his coaching team. So makes sense to keep Parky. If it goes wrong after ten games we can sack him as it will cost the same regardless. He offers know how of the club and division which I think everyone deep down knows we need. I suspect he won’t see out the season anyway but worth seeing what happens.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Raking over old...... 

round and..... 

For fucks.....

Kens a .....

The only gig in ......

The only show in .....

Holdsworth made a £????

And many many more that will be repeated again and again and again.

This is probably the most sensible thing you’ve ever posted 😁

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Whether you hate him, or not, he’s still here despite not being paid for months. Way I see it there is no time to appoint a manager and his coaching team. So makes sense to keep Parky. If it goes wrong after ten games we can sack him as it will cost the same regardless. He offers know how of the club and division which I think everyone deep down knows we need. I suspect he won’t see out the season anyway but worth seeing what happens.

Why let him sign a load of players to play too is shite style of football then sack him after 10 games. FV are saying this is the way we want to play. Most people have had enough of it so why carry on with it. Massive own goal for me 

Dont know what folk were expecting with the timeframe etc ffs get a grip if things dont go well early doors (six games) he 'll be gone.If its going well who cares.Dont get the I'm out brigade of course its their right .A mate of mine stopped going cos he could'nt stand Megsons football .Never been back .Great excuse for him.

3 minutes ago, darrener said:

Why let him sign a load of players to play too is shite style of football then sack him after 10 games. FV are saying this is the way we want to play. Most people have had enough of it so why carry on with it. Massive own goal for me 

We will be signing frees and whoever is available regardless of manager. And we will need to do it in about a week. How long is there to find a new manager get them up to speed and do all that?

• Site Supporter

I wouldn’t let some Bolton fans buy me a fucking Twix.

They’ve got the business knowledge of a packet of wotsits, and really shouldn’t open their traps.

I'm no fan of Parky football, but as others have said there's no time to bin him and have a team ready for the start of the season.

What he has got is a good record at this level, so if that's keeping us in League 1 or (I wish) competing for a play off place, that will be job done for now. If it goes pear shaped early he will be potted.

Regardless of the football I think he deserves respect for how he has behaved through all this crap.  Until the players strike he held the club together. 

I'll be renewing as usual.

FV must monitor forums, twitter etc....however unstable some fans appear.

Its a serious own goal by FV this if true, they needed a fresh start - give fans hope etc....this is just more of the same shite.

BWFC Fanny 5 will be delirious

6 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Dont know what folk were expecting with the timeframe etc ffs get a grip if things dont go well early doors (six games) he 'll be gone.If its going well who cares.Dont get the I'm out brigade of course its their right .A mate of mine stopped going cos he could'nt stand Megsons football .Never been back .Great excuse for him.

There's over a month until the start of the season. During it, there will be over a dozen hirings and firings made in days between competitive games.

There's plenty of time.

Just now, Okocha10 said:

I’m more concerned about Paul Aldridge supposedly being onboard more than anything why is he having any involvement what so ever after being with Ken 

Another serious own goal by FV if true....it has to be a wind up, surely FV are not this stupid, they will be hated more than KA by Sept.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Jeebster said:

Another serious own goal by FV if true....it has to be a wind up, surely FV are not this stupid, they will be hated more than KA by Sept.

You need a lie down

10 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We will be signing frees and whoever is available regardless of manager. And we will need to do it in about a week. How long is there to find a new manager get them up to speed and do all that?

Fine, enjoy the silence, sit were you like. 👍

4 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

There's over a month until the start of the season. During it, there will be over a dozen hirings and firings made in days between competitive games.

There's plenty of time.

Time to get a manager and sign a squad? Given none of it can start till next week at earliest - if change of control isn’t happening till then as is suggested in BN today. 

Just seems unrealistic to me. FV will already be planning on lists of targets. They need advice to do that. Advice from the manager. If they are changing in reality it puts things back.

5 minutes ago, Jeebster said:

Bet your head is beetroot purple with rage right now. It’s July. We have 5 players. What did anyone seriously think would happen? I’m sure if FV had taken over weeks ago they would have changed. But now it’s got so late that it makes sense to use Parky’s experience and football know how and see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

So we're in agreement that at no point Gartside unilaterally decided how much money he took out of the club, and therefore was never in a position to do what Ken did? 

A one word answer will do.

Are we in agreement that Gartside set his own level of remuneration with his fellow Directors?

One word will do.

Are we in agreement that Eddie Davies did not pay Gartside's Directors Remunerations of over £650k per annum out of his own pocket and they were paid out of the club?

One word will do here too.

Are we in agreement that Gartside entered into contracts that he knew the club itself could not possibly fund within its annual revenue?

One word here as well please.

Are we in agreement that Davies, through reasons known unto himself, allowed Gartside to amass eye watering levels of debts that the club itself could never sustain within the business.

Again, one word please.

Are we in agreement that the legacy and consequences of such ill considered contracts have significantly impacted on the financial viability of the club ultimately leading to Administration

One word.

I get it you hate Anderson.

Haters gonna hate.

But no matter how deeply you hate or how obsessed you are about him he's not done anything legally wrong.

All I was trying to highlight with Gartside is that under his stewardship, and for whatever reasons he had (and I'm not forgetting he died a horrible death from brain cancer) that he did more damage to the club and took out more from it that Anderson has ever likely to have achieved.

I also suggest that you think around things like why did Eddie back him for so long?  Why did Paul Aldridge stay by his side all that time - and more to the point, why the new owners seem to want to give Aldridge a position at the new club.  Surely strange things to do if Eddie thought Ken was fucking the club and FV believed Aldridge was in league with the Devil himself?

I'm aware you are too entrenched to change your views on Anderson but on the face of it nobody - the Administrators, the forensic accountants, Eddie or even Aldridge (who would know better than anyone else where the bodies were buried - if there were bodies to be buried in the first place - are!) have found anything illegal in what he's done

Do you think Sharron might not be here to make an amount of a figure with six zero's behind it too?

Of course she is.

Wil you hate her too when she does?

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Bet your head is beetroot purple with rage right now. It’s July. We have 5 players. What did anyone seriously think would happen? I’m sure if FV had taken over weeks ago they would have changed. But now it’s got so late that it makes sense to use Parky’s experience and football know how and see what happens. 

Jesus, you really are a glutton for punishment 

1 minute ago, Jeebster said:

Experience & know how - Parkinson, seriously do me a fcuking favour & take spiderman with you

He’s won promotion from league one twice. And league two once. He’s kept sides up. His record is better than most managers in league one. So yes. If you engage your brain he has know how and experience. You may disagree with him. But as far as we know FV don’t have football knowledge. They need people who do and I suspect it’s too late for them to find someone. Like I say the decision can be changed once things start to pan out.

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He’s won promotion from league one twice. And league two once. He’s kept sides up. His record is better than most managers in league one. So yes. If you engage your brain he has know how and experience. You may disagree with him. But as far as we know FV don’t have football knowledge. They need people who do and I suspect it’s too late for them to find someone. Like I say the decision can be changed once things start to pan out.

If they keep parky it's safe to say they have absolutely no football knowledge 😂