Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give it a fucking rest eh  ‘somebody’s moral expectations of someone are very different to the legal obligations you know that and I know that. So why don’t you lay off patronising folk Chris and

I really cannot wait for the day we don’t have to read the words moonshift, Inner fucking circle, blue bastard marble or any piece of shit word associated to this horrible draining 3 year bullshit sag

Fucking massive clear out coming on WW later, either way.

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Damocles said:

But why put that in when they didn’t have the hotel? There was no requirement to do so. I suspect it never happened.

So was the administrator telling lies when he said they had??

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Really not interested into the ins and outs of it all it’s a bore fest 

however can someone mainly EFl just come out and tell us straight if we are going to start the season under the current situation 

Without a takeover? No chance. EFL - the last thing they want is us to start the season with a risk we won't finish it. The admins have in effect said we are insolvent. So I imagine should no deal be done the EFL will withhold structural payments and the admins will be forced to liquidate before the start of the season. It means the EFL won't have embarrassing situation of us playing a few games then going pop and leaving them in a mess. If there was enough money to pay the players and admins could reasonably expect us to see out the season as things stood then that would be different. But its clear that is not the case. 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Without a takeover? No chance. EFL - the last thing they want is us to start the season with a risk we won't finish it. The admins have in effect said we are insolvent. So I imagine should no deal be done the EFL will withhold structural payments and the admins will be forced to liquidate before the start of the season. It means the EFL won't have embarrassing situation of us playing a few games then going pop and leaving them in a mess.  

If it does come to the worst, wouldn't Newport get promoted to L1 and AFC Fylde to L2? Jaysus.

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Without a takeover? No chance. EFL - the last thing they want is us to start the season with a risk we won't finish it. The admins have in effect said we are insolvent. So I imagine should no deal be done the EFL will withhold structural payments and the admins will be forced to liquidate before the start of the season. It means the EFL won't have embarrassing situation of us playing a few games then going pop and leaving them in a mess. If there was enough money to pay the players and admins could reasonably expect us to see out the season as things stood then that would be different. But its clear that is not the case. 

That’s what most of us are thinking but surely something official must be said 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Not until there's something official to say e.g. this parrot is dead.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, BIGBW said:

Apparently Gordon Taylor on TalkSport saying that the administrators don't expect a deal to be done. 

Gordon Taylor is no nearer to the inside of this than any of us, so I'd ignore him

• Site Supporter

I've no more idea than anyone else what's happening at the coal face on this deal.

My guess is that, like with any business dealing, there'll be a good amount of brinkmanship going on with the concerned parties wrestling for what's best for themselves. This takes time.

Unfortunately, fans fears and concerns are almost certainly at the bottom of their list of things to be arsed about.

Despite the negative news pouring out, I still fully expect Wycombe vs Bolton to go ahead.

Social media doesn't half spread panic.

35 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Not sure what it would achieve. I think we can read between the lines. And of course its possible that should admins be confident takeover completes second week in August they find a way to get Wycombe game on.

But I think the takeover really needs to get done. And as Spider says above I suspect it will - somehow - because enough parties will not want the football club to die for various reasons. But its still worrying in the state we are in, until it is done the worry is there. 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Spider said:

Gordon Taylor is no nearer to the inside of this than any of us, so I'd ignore him

Thing is, his interest is firstly for the players. Listening to that statement, I took it as a message to the players to look elsewhere asap.

1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

So was the administrator telling lies when he said they had??

No, but I suspect it referred to a previous sum paid, I just don’t think they have £1M they can gamble with.

Incredibly depressed, just waiting for the final nail in the coffin now, that’s how it feels at least.

Trying to hope that the creditors will come to some sort of resolution otherwise they’re all losing out but I’m sick of hoping.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

anyone else just depressed with the entire situation now? At breaking point with this saga now.

Find it difficult to give too much of a fuck to be honest. Can't do anything about it, apart from winning £100m+.

If the worst happened, in all honesty, I wouldn't get involved in any efforts to get a new club going.

Yes, I'd watch once it was up and running, but that's it.

Just can't get too worked up over it.