Kane57

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Clearly photoshopped...

I've invested my own money.........that was the giveaway

Twittermongs will be creaming themselves now over that

Edited by Sweep

18 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Source?

Will Buckley the high scoring winger/ playmaker who is as hard as nails is surely going to be one of them - make an impact that mon

Problem is.

will it be justifiable to give these players stick?

if we end up lumbered with another will buckley? 

did actually bump into him a couple of weeks ago  asked him if he new anything about Football ventures and he said "who are they" when I reminded him they had just bought the club he said right Michael James and thought Brett Warburton might be involved . He said he new very little about them  and  if they didn't have any real money we would be back to square one . Didn't get the impression he was involved in any way

8 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

did actually bump into him a couple of weeks ago  asked him if he new anything about Football ventures and he said "who are they" when I reminded him they had just bought the club he said right Michael James and thought Brett Warburton might be involved . He said he new very little about them  and  if they didn't have any real money we would be back to square one . Didn't get the impression he was involved in any way

And you definitely got the right impression for how many fucks Allardyce really gives....

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Back in work tomorrow; was hoping it would all be sorted before I am back so I don't need to keep looking whilst I am busy

🤣🤣🤣

I thought you were a full time athlete these days.

What about that Sports Bar & Grill next to Marylebone station? Any good pre Wycombe???

3 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Have you done more for Bolton than Sam Allardyce?

I truly never understand this hate for Allardyce. Proves nothing is ever good enough for anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Have you done more for Bolton than Sam Allardyce?

Nobody is saying he wasn't brilliant here. But people bang on as though he's gagging to come back - he isn't. He doesn't care much and nor should he. He has a great life and certainly no interest in running/owning/returning to Wanderers. 

Not a criticism of him just a criticism of fans who don't understand that to Sam we were a proving ground - he did an amazing job but he's not bothered anymore. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nobody is saying he wasn't brilliant here. But people bang on as though he's gagging to come back - he isn't. He doesn't care much and nor should he. He has a great life and certainly no interest in running/owning/returning to Wanderers. 

Not a criticism of him just a criticism of fans who don't understand that to Sam we were a proving ground - he did an amazing job but he's not bothered anymore. 

It’s the same in most employment, loyalty only extends to your last pay cheque

3 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Doubt that very much

I'll agree to disagree with you on that. Whilst the Panorama programme all those years ago was short on hard evidence, it left a nasty odour hanging over him. The England sacking maybe was a fit up but the secret film evidence cast him in a poor light too.

For the record, he is the best manager at Bolton in my lifetime. Rioch was a case of what might have been.

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

Doubt that very much

So  do I. No evidence of anything he wasn't entitled to, but 'man of the people' Samuel Allardyce has a long list of interesting investments in companies that show up on the Companies House file. A few other familiar names in there too.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

14 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I suspect this is around how his son benefitted from his father being manager

And father benefitted from son's connections in knowing who was discontented or being badly treated, such as Djorkaeff and Okocha.

12 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

And father benefitted from son's connections in knowing who was discontented or being badly treated, such as Djorkaeff and Okocha.

Djorkaeff and Okocha were let go because their "legs had gone" which is no disrespect to them because it happens to every footballer. Their careers after leaving Bolton suggests Allardyce was spot on with his judgement.