Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

He said at his meet and greet at the stadium tother week that fans have been lied to, he may have had a point there.

May be true, though much of the lies and bullshit over recent times has come from him.

Symptomatic of the whole situation sadly.

11 minutes ago, darrener said:

Amazingly he might be a better option than these FV cowboys. What a fucking mess 😢

Whilst it's clearly a clusterfuck of a situation, how do we know FV are the cowboys?

Given nobody else was willing to put up the ££ (maybe including FV), I'd say our ire is probably best aimed at those that delivered this situation.

If FV have been fucking about then fair enough point at them too, but we don;t have a clue yet.

This started way before KA got involved n all; don;t forget that the reason we ended up with him is that we were just as fucked then. We just seem to want to kick whoever is left holding the baby

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Whilst it's clearly a clusterfuck of a situation, how do we know FV are the cowboys?

Given nobody else was willing to put up the ££ (maybe including FV), I'd say our ire is probably best aimed at those that delivered this situation.

If FV have been fucking about then fair enough point at them too, but we don;t have a clue yet.

This started way before KA got involved n all; don;t forget that the reason we ended up with him is that we were just as fucked then. We just seem to want to kick whoever is left holding the baby

Gartside. Beginning and end

Just now, burnden said:

Hour and a half to go honestly can't see an agreement being reached today (hope i am proven wrong) 

Doesn't need a full agreement does it - just enough assurances - I mean if FV have to complete by 5 then we're screwed. But I assume if they could say "completion tomorrow promise" that would hold league off long enough....

3 minutes ago, snowball said:

Gartside. Beginning and end

hmm. 

gets brain cancer and dies , club lasts about 5 minutes after that. 

I still cant see why the EFL are shitstirring when other teams have been in administration for ages in the past. 

tell them to fucking wait. 

Just now, Damocles said:

The question must be what happens to the staged payments if FV were to seek administration inside two years? Do the ex players become chargeholders or do they lose secured creditor status?

Don't think that becomes an issue as FV have proved they have the funding for at least 2 years.

26 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Quite right, this goes back a long way but FV were supposed to show that they had 25 million to complete they obviously said they had it to get Hots but it's looking increasingly likely that they haven't. The other option was Bassini, whichever way you look at it it's not great. 

2 minutes ago, Damocles said:

The question must be what happens to the staged payments if FV were to seek administration inside two years? Do the ex players become chargeholders or do they lose secured creditor status?

Exactly - and then wait a further year or two to get paid 

Which is why I cannot see the PFA recommending it - opens up a real can of worms for themselves 

Do you know If any other club has done this sort of arrangement with the PFA before ? 

7 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Don't think that becomes an issue as FV have proved they have the funding for at least 2 years.

Contingent on staged payments and acquiring the hotel for nothing, assuming the club retain L1 status etc etc.

4 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Exactly - and then wait a further year or two to get paid 

Which is why I cannot see the PFA recommending it - opens up a real can of worms for themselves 

Do you know If any other club has done this sort of arrangement with the PFA before ? 

The suggestion from FV appears to be that the players who served notice and walked were able to gain lucrative signing on fees that should be considered as compensatory. It’s those that were out of contract any way that are the sticking point I think.

12 minutes ago, Damocles said:

The suggestion from FV appears to be that the players who served notice and walked were able to gain lucrative signing on fees that should be considered as compensatory. It’s those that were out of contract any way that are the sticking point I think.

that would make sense I suppose

14 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Surely it'd be ridiculous for them to base any sort of strategy on that sort of thinking ? Fuck moll are they going to be blaming Beevers and Donaldson if it all falls through ?

Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Surely it'd be ridiculous for them to base any sort of strategy on that sort of thinking ? Fuck moll are they going to be blaming Beevers and Donaldson if it all falls through ?

I think it mainly relates to those that wouldn’t have been out of contract.

1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

They are business people. They don't want to throw their money away - I think that makes sense. Nobody has £25M to make all this go away. So whoever was doing this deal was trying to make it cost effective. 

10 minutes ago, Damocles said:

And I can see why they're trying to make that point. 

I understand why players walked, as no one else would continue to work for free for such a long period of time. But I think some of the real culprits in the last couple months are other clubs. While it's not their fault that we're folding, they're certainly quick to tap players off and act as vultures while it's critical that we retain any value that we can. I have no sympathy from the likes of Celtic and other bigger names that tap players for free deals (or next to free) when a club is on the verge of insolvency. 

1 minute ago, BIGBW said:

And I can see why they're trying to make that point. 

I understand why players walked, as no one else would continue to work for free for such a long period of time. But I think some of the real culprits in the last couple months are other clubs. While it's not their fault that we're folding, they're certainly quick to tap players off and act as vultures while it's critical that we retain any value that we can. I have no sympathy from the likes of Celtic and other bigger names that tap players for free deals (or next to free) when a club is on the verge of insolvency. 

We'd be doing exactly the same given the opportunity, don't worry about that

If you were a player, what have FV, and the football club in general, done over the past year that would give you any confidence that you'd be seeing that other 80% in two years time?

What a fucking mess. Six months later and their business plan is only marginally more realistic than Bassini's magic money tree and emails from Sir Dave Rich.

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

If you were a player, what have FV, and the football club in general, done over the past year that would give you any confidence that you'd be seeing that other 80% in two years time?

What a fucking mess. Six months later and their business plan is only marginally more realistic than Bassini's magic money tree and emails from Sir Dave Rich.

so you've seen their business plan then? Do enlighten us

Just now, Tombwfc said:

But I guess in the real world businesses go into admin all the time and the staff don't get paid ever. Or accept way less to keep their jobs.

The fact is that should FV not do this deal the club dies. The players might not care at all about that but then they get nothing...

Has to be a compromise here. 

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We'd be doing exactly the same given the opportunity, don't worry about that

Yeah and I would be against it. The amount of money and time invested in players shouldn't be discounted in times of hardship. The EFL shouldn't be open to this.