Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

The cynic in me still thinks it's dragging on so long purely because of Paul Appleton at the administrators lining his pockets.  This is exactly what happened at Coventry.  Their fans had a long moan about how long PA was taking to get the admin sorted and at such a high hourly fee.

The worrying thing about that, is several months down the line he announced they'd given up on admin and liquidated Coventry instead.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-liquidator-charged-over-8105978

6 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

A chairman spouting off on Twitter is never a good look. Lets see if he has the same complaints if his club are ever in trouble and he gets assistance offered.

That's the point he is making.There is no chance a small club like Accrington would be loaned £2 million by the PFA in similar circumstances.The Darlingtons, Chesters and Maidstones of this world  are allowed to fold for smaller amounts than that.

I suppose it's one of the benefits of being a bigger club, up to now no club of Bolton's size has ever been allowed to fold

3 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

The cynic in me still thinks it's dragging on so long purely because of Paul Appleton at the administrators lining his pockets.  This is exactly what happened at Coventry.  Their fans had a long moan about how long PA was taking to get the admin sorted and at such a high hourly fee.

The worrying thing about that, is several months down the line he announced they'd given up on admin and liquidated Coventry instead.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-liquidator-charged-over-8105978

Got Blackpool over the line though with a decent buyer. Coventry situation was that they couldn't find a buyer like our self's & had ongoing issue with Ricoh arena.  Also Sisu at the time offered the biggest bid. Generally don't think it's Rubin & Partners who have been an issue. Quantuma on the other hand with 6 to 8 week delay for the hotel...

2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

That's the point he is making.There is no chance a small club like Accrington would be loaned £2 million by the PFA in similar circumstances.The Darlingtons, Chesters and Maidstones of this world  are allowed to fold for smaller amounts than that.

I suppose it's one of the benefits of being a bigger club, up to now no club of Bolton's size has ever been allowed to fold

The loan is to FV. And I can't see why others wouldn't be loaned in similar circumstances if they could provide the assurances that the PFA require. I think there are specific circumstances here. if the PFA were paying our players without FV there then I'd share the issue that Holt is raising. But that isn't the case. FV could have secured a loan elsewhere - I imagine the PFA was the quickest route. 

If any other club got a loan and we did not people would be moaning like fuck. 

However i I do think we must have a genuinely credible business plan to get this put through. 

I do think someones raised a good point here - and one I had not considered. FV probably budgeted that season ticket sales and perhaps even shirt sales, would generate enough cash to pay the football creditors. Given the delays to date, they have had to take more drastic action.

10 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

Just bought my Wycombe ticket... For anyone else interested you can go directly through the Wycombe website and purchase there.

They also send out e-tickets so no postage costs. 

21st century innit. 

1 hour ago, chrisw99 said:

Fuckin ell mate if they’d have left a few minutes longer EFL would’ve said piss off, no fucker buys anything and PA and his pals lose about £2m. 

Thats one massive game of Chicken.

15 minutes ago, Pricey said:

is there a reason why we are getting that?

I think it is whats known as a solidarity payment payable to each EFL club by the Premier League , its to ease their collective consciences and make them feel as though they are supporting the EFL 

Bit like you or I putting our loose change in a charity box on a shop counter and feeling good because we are supporting a worthwhile cause 

Edited by Benny The Ball

6 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I think it is whats known as a solidarity payment payable to each EFL club by the Premier League , its to ease their collective consciences and make them feel as though they are supporting the EFL 

Bit like you or I putting our loose change in a charity box on a shop counter and feeling good because we are supporting a worthwhile cause 

So its is Premier league money? 

17 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

ah ok, very kind of them to do that

• Site Supporter

It's the responsibility of the clubs themselves though to ensure proper financial management. Yes some trickle down money is helpful, but the clubs can't sulk and moan with a sense of entitlement: all got to learn to cut their cloth accordingly.

That's where the game's governing bodies must become stronger.

Maybe some sort of salary ceiling, capping of agents fees etc. Some tough love needed, plenty of money coming into the game, just too much of it going straight back out.

3 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It is a loan on a commercial basis. People are making out like the PFA have "bailed us out". It is a loan with strict conditions attached. Not like they've just gone - here lads have 2M knock yourselves out. 

If it was a bank loan nobody would bat an eyelid. 

It serves me right for putting talkshite on in the first place. If I'd known they would be broadcasting from so far up Taylor's arse I'd have avoided it. 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's the responsibility of the clubs themselves though to ensure proper financial management. Yes some trickle down money is helpful, but the clubs can't sulk and moan with a sense of entitlement: all got to learn to cut their cloth accordingly.

That's where the game's governing bodies must become stronger.

Maybe some sort of salary ceiling, capping of agents fees etc. Some tough love needed, plenty of money coming into the game, just too much of it going straight back out.

This should have been implemented years ago, this is why the game has gone crazy with transfer fees and wages. I will probably get shot by saying this but Alex Ferguson had it right. He was to be paid £1 more than the highest paid player and IMO that is how it should be. Managers should be on more money than players