Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter

The sooner they do, the sooner we can look to sign a couple up. Going off what we've seen so far, it shouldn't take too much, a handful of judicious signings, to give us a decent chance of staying up. It just needs to happen quickly though.

A bit of hope and quality on the pitch and they may start to make a bit more through the turnstiles than initially anticipated.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

It’s all down to how serious FV are now, there is a very slim chance it may cost them a bit of money in the near future to rid themselves of KA and the village idiot but doesn’t stop takeover. 

If they delay further then it proves that they are everything the village idiot says they are. 

Thank you. Are we to read anything in the fact that R'Sharron didn't speak to us on Saturday, despite her telling the world that she would?

4 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Thank you. Are we to read anything in the fact that R'Sharron didn't speak to us on Saturday, despite her telling the world that she would?

Dya perhaps think the court case was why? What was she going to say?

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A bit of hope and quality on the pitch and they may start to make a bit more through the turnstiles than initially anticipated.

In dire circumstances, the enthusiasm and effort of the youngsters have cheered us up. The momentum is there for those travelling away. Would only take some reasonable signings to blend with the best young ones and some positive results to get a bit of momentum for home attendances. 

Would you buy a house that had an unsettled but contested charge over it? Sure you can legally purchase it, but there is a tort of law that can reverse the sale, why would you risk it? 

I don’t think anything gets done until there’s a final resolution.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As has been detailed earlier, they wouldn't end up being out of pocket, as Bassini would need to pay costs incurred.

They may decide it's worth pursuing anyway as the worse case scenario won't see them out of pocket. And it seems highly unlikely an event too.

No guarantee obviously, but I don't see it as being quite so cut and dried.

If this is correct and they are fully recompensed for any costs then surely on a financial level they are better completing rather than walking away as if they walk away they lose the £1 million they have already put in.

12 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Would you buy a house that had an unsettled but contested charge over it? Sure you can legally purchase it, but there is a tort of law that can reverse the sale, why would you risk it? 

Isn’t it a separate matter now between LB and KA? The judge has given the all clear for the sale to proceed, Bassini has missed the boat, the issue that needs settling is whether Ken should have proceeded to sell to LB. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Isn’t it a separate matter now between LB and KA? The judge has given the all clear for the sale to proceed, Bassini has missed the boat, the issue that needs settling is whether Ken should have proceeded to sell to LB. 

First issue is between LB and KA. If LB wins it means he had effectively the right to complete and ken stopped that and breached the s and p agreement. Depending on whether LB completed all the conditions precedent will dictate whether technically he had legal ownership “in the eyes of the law”. If it transpires he did then the whole thing becomes a huge mess. But positively all roads will then lead back to KA and everybody has hooks into him. 

Just now, Escobarp said:

First issue is between LB and KA. If LB wins it means he had effectively the right to complete and ken stopped that and breached the s and p agreement. Depending on whether LB completed all the conditions precedent will dictate whether technically he had legal ownership “in the eyes of the law”. If it transpires he did then the whole thing becomes a huge mess. But positively all roads will then lead back to KA and everybody has hooks into him. 

One concerning aspect to my mind is the role of Walker Morris ( Solicitors ) in all this . 

I have previously questioned whether they have a conflict of Interest in acting for both KA personally and Quantuma the hotel administrators. 

Will they be advising Quantuma to proceed with selling the Hotel now ?

Just now, Benny The Ball said:

One concerning aspect to my mind is the role of Walker Morris ( Solicitors ) in all this . 

I have previously questioned whether they have a conflict of Interest in acting for both KA personally and Quantuma the hotel administrators. 

Will they be advising Quantuma to proceed with selling the Hotel now ?

Agree but as long as they can demonstrate sufficient compliance and Chinese walls etc then they will be ok. They will know their conflict will be questioned so will have robustly put sufficient “plan” in place to cover their arses

Disclaimer

I wouldn’t want to be accusing a large legal firm of anything and am certainly not implying any wrong doing and have the utmost faith in walker morris to act in the correct manner  

26 minutes ago, Damocles said:

There's enough that buy on homes under the hammer without looking at the legal pack, so I wouldn't but plenty would.

46 minutes ago, Damocles said:

It’s not equivalent. Would you buy a house that belonged to your family for generations if it was about to be destroyed if you knew there was a remote slight risk you might lose said House down the line?

Maybe, maybe not. Also the ‘claim against the club’ - there is no way on gods green earth that anyone is going to say to Bassini he legally owns the club. What a court might say is he can pursue damages against it and the admins. 

I was in court today, start to finish. I'm not sure what was more stressful, being in there or trying to get 7 Tranmere tickets - the 2 actually consumed an equal amount of my day. Anyway, we should be good to go now, as we should have been on Friday but for a 'misinterpretation' when Bassini sent the Thursday decision to the EFL, administrators and 'others', absent critical, and potentially contemptuous, information. The key indicator to me was when the Inner Circle QC turned to his solicitor and winked after summing up. That said, the Bassini QC was smoother than an oil slick and had me seduced for a while. Bassini was clearly upset in the side room at the end, but I really can't escape the notion that all of this (the bungled injunction)  this was about money, not the club.  

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Was Sweaty Ken's QC wearing a tank top and was Bassini donning a hard hat and flashing his blue loafers, theres quite a bit of scaffolding on Bridge Street near the court so it was definitely a possibility. 

He looked quite dapper, although he had highlights, which I wasn't so sure about. Jacko was there (Dearden, not Michael), and Marc Iles and, peculiarly, Nixon. I'm not that sure he was paying close attention judging by his response.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Romiley White said:

He looked quite dapper, although he had highlights, which I wasn't so sure about. Jacko was there (Dearden, not Michael), and Marc Iles and, peculiarly, Nixon. I'm not that sure he was paying close attention judging by his response.

Michael James was also there

Dunno about any other FV

1 hour ago, Romiley White said:

I was in court today, start to finish. I'm not sure what was more stressful, being in there or trying to get 7 Tranmere tickets - the 2 actually consumed an equal amount of my day. Anyway, we should be good to go now, as we should have been on Friday but for a 'misinterpretation' when Bassini sent the Thursday decision to the EFL, administrators and 'others', absent critical, and potentially contemptuous, information. The key indicator to me was when the Inner Circle QC turned to his solicitor and winked after summing up. That said, the Bassini QC was smoother than an oil slick and had me seduced for a while. Bassini was clearly upset in the side room at the end, but I really can't escape the notion that all of this (the bungled injunction)  this was about money, not the club.  

Interesting.  Nice to hear some facts from the day. Is Nixon as much a dickhead as he comes across? Like the way he initially failed to mention the fact that club was able to be sold.

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Interesting.  Nice to hear some facts from the day. Is Nixon as much a dickhead as he comes across? Like the way he initially failed to mention the fact that club was able to be sold.

He's an old bloke, late 60's I guess. Someone told me he's semi-retired and does it freelance, so he dips in and out, and probably gets his beer money out of days like today. He certainly didn't look like he was 'working the room' and was sat/slumped on his own. Most of his narrative is guesswork or 'fud' blocking, which makes me wonder how and why he's got so much currency.