Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Seems to me that Quantuma had already contacted FV as preferred bidder last week especially if speculation is true that FV were an hour away from signing.

Maybe this is what prompted Bassini to get the injunction, because he knew he wasn't getting the hotel. He had ample time to get the ball rolling with the injunction. The timing of it can't be a coincidence. 

3 hours ago, anthonyj said:

So FV or anyone could buy the assets (Stadium / hotel) and leave LB with ownership of a worthless shell company BL?

Why have you not made any mention of THE most important share (Golden share which entitles entry into EFL) ? 

Surely this is or should be what this is all about.

It might be all about it to you and most other fans of the club but I expect it is all about making money/not losing money to most of the people involved in owning/claiming ownership of/Administering/purchasing/funding/investing/being paid/etc, etc.

The EFL' golden share will be awarded to the new company who buys the club from BWFAC Ltd (provided its owner/s meet all relevant EFL checks).  If FV do go on to become the owners then the golden share would go to their snappily named company for the club - FVWL Football Limited.

12 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Seems to me that Quantuma had already contacted FV as preferred bidder last week especially if speculation is true that FV were an hour away from signing.

Maybe this is what prompted Bassini to get the injunction, because he knew he wasn't getting the hotel. He had ample time to get the ball rolling with the injunction. The timing of it can't be a coincidence. 

It is said that Bassini's bid for hotel was rejected - so likely that sparked it off. 

Just now, birch-chorley said:

I doubt FV we’re an hour away from signing last week 

otherwise the deal would have been concluded either last night or this morning 

Fully expect it to rumble on another few weeks yet 

That was my next point, if it was only an hour away then why wasn't it done last night or this morning. I've heard it from a few people (not sure if on here) that the deal was close an hour away from completion before the announcement of the injunction was made. Also heard that SD was at the game on Saturday, any truth in that? and if she was, isn't that a good thing

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I doubt FV we’re an hour away from signing last week 

otherwise the deal would have been concluded either last night or this morning 

Fully expect it to rumble on another few weeks yet 

I imagine lawyers for all parties will be studying the developments yesterday and giving appropriate advice before anyone signs anything. 

11 minutes ago, Pricey said:

That's what I was thinking. Why would the administrators say the takeover was just about to be signed if everything was still contingent on the hotel deal being done, if this was still an uncertainty?

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

No - Iles said last week it had been rejected - I assume possibly last week?

Then LB spat his dummy out and got the injunction. So if LB knew, I would assume FV would've been told also. So if FV weren't the preferred bidder SB wouldn't have been at the game Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Then LB spat his dummy out and got the injunction. So if LB knew, I would assume FV would've been told also. So if FV weren't the preferred bidder SB wouldn't have been at the game Saturday.

She wasn't there Saturday. I assume because of injunction and not wanting to be asked questions before the case was heard. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

She wasn't there Saturday. I assume because of injunction and not wanting to be asked questions before the case was heard. 

Ah ok, in that case. Ignore my last statement. I got told she was there

Look at it from Quantuma's point of view. If they announce anyone as preferred bidder they lock themselves into a potential mess.

Announce FV - then can't get secured creditor signing it off or FV can't raise cash to do club deal and hotel or whatever and then other interest goes elsewhere. 

Announce someone other than FV - FV pull out and suddenly their preferred bidder won't complete on hotel until they know club is safe and viable.

Why would Quantuma want to publicly say anything till they've completed a deal with someone?

35 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Hang on - why should Quantuma announce anything until they've done a deal? The club administrators have chosen to make announcements along the way but a normal administration would not be like that. I'm sure FV know the score with the hotel. 

Given its intrinsic link to the football club its in the public interest that an announcement is made. 

In that sense Its not exactly  a "normal " administration 

If a deal was about to be done prior to Bassini's intervention , there should be no good reason to hold up the process and an announcement

Just now, Benny The Ball said:

Given its intrinsic link to the football club its in the public interest that an announcement is made. 

In that sense Its not exactly  a "normal " administration 

If a deal was about to be done prior to Bassini's intervention , there should be no good reason to hold up the process and an announcement

See my post above as to why they might not want to say anything - keep their options open whilst doing a deal or trying to do one. 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Look at it from Quantuma's point of view. If they announce anyone as preferred bidder they lock themselves into a potential mess.

Announce FV - then can't get secured creditor signing it off or FV can't raise cash to do club deal and hotel or whatever and then other interest goes elsewhere. 

Announce someone other than FV - FV pull out and suddenly their preferred bidder won't complete on hotel until they know club is safe and viable.

Why would Quantuma want to publicly say anything till they've completed a deal with someone?

Which secured creditor ?

Just now, Okocha10 said:

Wonder why the administrator still can't allow season ticket's to be sold?

Because until takeover is concluded there is no guarantee games will be played. They do not want to be liable for selling tickets for future games they cannot guarantee take place. 

14 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Because until takeover is concluded there is no guarantee games will be played. They do not want to be liable for selling tickets for future games they cannot guarantee take place. 

It isn't necessarily that they would be liable for games that don't take place, more that the season ticket income during administration would go towards creditors and not income towards the club as such (happy to be proven wrong on that one but that's my understanding based on previous similar scenarios, Bradford Bulls the other year being a good one).

51 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

someone said on bookface that there was no garentee we can run till end of season a cause the club is so unstable. not sure if true