Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am getting to the stage that I’m so sick and tired of FV wouldn’t be that arsed if they dropped out, clearly football not their priority and that for me is all that matters. 

im still trying to weigh up whether i would finger Sharron or not if I was pissed.........................

33 minutes ago, ROVERS F.C. said:

You know lads n lasses,the more I think about this takeover the more I'm convinced it's nothing to do with owning Bolton Wanderers football club,your needs are absolutely second in any deal.

Bunch of shysters the lot of them,horrible to witness.

Really? No shit 🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

So the accountants have paid a few of the debts off, which they had to do to at least have a chance to be considered as fit and proper, and then sat on their calculators whilst the football side crumbles. Why then if they are so keen to make the club better have they not done something more substantial about the playing side ?

They are not concerned one bit about the football side and just want to get their grubby hands on what’s left of the assets- namely the stadium/hotel and land.

Time they came clean about the plan- if they ever had one. I don’t care about the hotel or if someone wants to build a shop on the car park, but what I do want us to watch a team I don’t feel sorry for. 

Who the fuck are you talking about?

Do you mean the Administrators (the Insolvency Practitioners) whose job isn't to run a football club, or Football Ventures (with Sharron Brittan being the lead figure and whose background is in property development) leading a consortium to buy the club and the land and buildings that come with it?

Only one bidder paid the £25k to look at the books, so clearly there's not much interest in buying just the club and being able to make a go of it, without funding/propping it up with land and property dealings that come along as part of the club purchase.  Everyone else seems to be waiting until the bid fails and then they can simply buy the land and property from the liquidators and not even have the costs and nuisance of running a football club to bother themselves with.

Who do you believe should be ploughing money into the footballing side - the Administrators who want to sell it and have only had one genuine offer for it, FV who are the ones trying to buy it but still don't own it (may never do!) and are clearly not flushed with cash, or someone else who hasn't shown any interest in buying the club when it was for sale, currently don't own it, and at best is putting a spanner in the works of the only genuine purchasers, or at worst deliberately trying to sabotage their deal and hoping they walk away?

If you don't want to watch a team you don't feel sorry for, for sometime to come then I suggest you go glory hunting some place else because there's absolutely no one wanting to piss away their fortune on making BWFC successful again. 

If we survive it will all be about living within our financial means - financial sustainability.

Have you understood nothing about the reality of what's been happening since Eddie stopped putting in his personal wealth?

5 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Precisely. A lack of understanding of the situation we are in. It's not far from saying "it'd be better if we just liquidate".

Think we all know the potential for disaster as its been so eloquently described by Sluffy and co, its a bit like the “Brexiteers didn’t know what they voted for” bollocks.

But to spend months unraveling the mess without any thought to the reason why we are all her -the football- is strange to say the least.

4 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Think we all know the potential for disaster as its been so eloquently described by Sluffy and co, its a bit like the “Brexiteers didn’t know what they voted for” bollocks.

But to spend months unraveling the mess without any thought to the reason why we are all her -the football- is strange to say the least.

You, I and pretty much everyone else one this board (PR types and WUM aside) are here for the football, but that doesn’t mean FV are here primarily for the football. 

25 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am getting to the stage that I’m so sick and tired of FV wouldn’t be that arsed if they dropped out, clearly football not their priority and that for me is all that matters. 

So you'd prefer Liquidation then?

12 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Do you mean the Administrators (the Insolvency Practitioners) whose job isn't to run a football club, or Football Ventures (with Sharron Brittan being the lead figure and whose background is in property development) leading a consortium to buy the club and the land and buildings that come with it?

Only one bidder paid the £25k to look at the books, so clearly there's not much interest in buying just the club and being able to make a go of it, without funding/propping it up with land and property dealings that come along as part of the club purchase.  Everyone else seems to be waiting until the bid fails and then they can simply buy the land and property from the liquidators and not even have the costs and nuisance of running a football club to bother themselves with.

Who do you believe should be ploughing money into the footballing side - the Administrators who want to sell it and have only had one genuine offer for it, FV who are the ones trying to buy it but still don't own it (may never do!) and are clearly not flushed with cash, or someone else who hasn't shown any interest in buying the club when it was for sale, currently don't own it, and at best is putting a spanner in the works of the only genuine purchasers, or at worst deliberately trying to sabotage their deal and hoping they walk away?

If you don't want to watch a team you don't feel sorry for, for sometime to come then I suggest you go glory hunting some place else because there's absolutely no one wanting to piss away their fortune on making BWFC successful again. 

If we survive it will all be about living within our financial means - financial sustainability.

Have you understood nothing about the reality of what's been happening since Eddie stopped putting in his personal wealth?

I started writing a response to your condescending reply with “Sluffy go fuck yourself” as a beginning but, thanks for pointing out the deficiencies in my lifelong support of BWFC.

3 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Strange to you obviously.

Think of it this way perhaps, the club had died (became insolvent) it's family, friends and neighbours stood around wondering what they would get from the will (liquidation) but one person wanted the club to live (for whatever reasons they may have) and started giving it CPR (trying to buy the club and save it from death).

Should that person have been better spending their time and money booking a massive makeover for the club (bring in some new players, etc) or try to save it from death (liquidation) in the first place?

5 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

I started writing a response to your condescending reply with “Sluffy go fuck yourself” as a beginning but, thanks for pointing out the deficiencies in my lifelong support of BWFC.

I'm not questioning your lifelong support but your clear lack of understanding of the situation.

Meanwhile our former saviour, Dean Holdsworth, has formed another company and added consultant educator to his multi-faceted CV. His erstwhile friends and confidantes at the ST will be so pleased.

Maybe they should ask him if he'll lend them a few bob to save the club again.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

1 hour ago, ROVERS F.C. said:

You know lads n lasses,the more I think about this takeover the more I'm convinced it's nothing to do with owning Bolton Wanderers football club,your needs are absolutely second in any deal.

Bunch of shysters the lot of them,horrible to witness.

Go pluck a chicken.

55 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Sluffy what do/did you do as your job ?

It's not an ideal situation either on the pitch i.e. being forced to play the kids or off it i.e. being potentially saved by people with little money and unknown objectives but what is the point of complaining?  If someone would be kind enough to list the alternatives I might feel a bit more sympathetic to the objections but unless someone's got a better plan why don't we just get on with it and get behind the club in these difficult (understatement of the year!) times?

On a positive note, Bury's players may be available on a free before long.

Maybe it's an EFL plot to force the two clubs to amalgamate?

Joking on both counts before you start.

Mind you, selling off Gigg Lane to property developers to finance a Boltonbury club that cherry picks the best of both squads....

Edited by Hoppy510