Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

1 minute ago, TrickyTrotter said:

No cricket so judge lying down with wet towel on his head to recover, whilst his Juniors write up his decision.   Thinking about what's on the dinner menu at his hotel tonight.

100%!

Worryingly though Appleton has come out with an adjournment wouldn't effect the sale of club after that statement he put on the clubs website, I wonder why he's said that £££

Just now, Okocha10 said:

Worryingly though Appleton has come out with an adjournment wouldn't effect the sale of club after that statement he put on the clubs website, I wonder why he's said that £££

This, why the fuck say it wouldn't impact the sale, if so it should have been completed by now

5 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

If that’s the case they can get it all signed this afternoon 

8 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

I assume he means "in the long run". Seems a somewhat confused message - there was an argument about whether injunction prevents sale or not - perhaps he means that FV would complete if it was deemed allowable even if the case is adjourned? 

I see no reason for Appleton to want to delay this because he doesn't get paid unless FV complete or he liquidates...

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I assume he means "in the long run". Seems a somewhat confused message - there was an argument about whether injunction prevents sale or not - perhaps he means that FV would complete if it was deemed allowable even if the case is adjourned? 

I see no reason for Appleton to want to delay this because he doesn't get paid unless FV complete or he liquidates...

I hope your right with you are stating, I would of thought after the statement he put on the clubs website the other day he wouldn't even consider an delay. There has been argument in court whether the sale of the club can happen while there is an adjournment.

Just now, Okocha10 said:

I hope your right with you are stating, I would of thought after the statement he put on the clubs website the other day he wouldn't even consider an delay. There has been argument in court whether the sale of the club can happen while there is an adjournment.

I suppose the other side is that he might be worried that if a decision is forced today that Bassini wins - something is going on behind scenes that we do not fully know about. 

6 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Horse running 3 o'clock Beverly ....called inner circle

Freaky

It's an omen!

10 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Horse running 3 o'clock Beverly ....called inner circle

Freaky

A Few Bob Short goes in the 7.50 at Gowran.

Surely Bassini should have something in writing from the EFL or just something official and not a text message unless I'm missing something?

I have no idea what this Appleton chap looks like so my mind has automatically issued him the face of that dude who managed Blackpool and Portsmouth. 

JSL

23 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Surely Bassini should have something in writing from the EFL or just something official and not a text message unless I'm missing something?

The EFL have written formally to say he never had passed the fit and proper test nor has he shown proof of funds...

So that vs a text message from Shaun Harvey. 

The trouble being that whilst I'm convinced the text messages will be "non commital" out of context they may appear to have some basis. Which means Bassini cannot win but that it needs testing...which means adjournment. I think that is nailed on. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Hopefully it gets thrown out which I think it may and he can pursue KA for damages  

I would like that, then for FV to complete, then whatever KA makes out of the deal, he loses to LB in damages/compensation/whatever

though there is a dark corner of my mind that is curious to see what happens if LB wins and takes over, which I put down to the boredom of this whole farce 

15 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The EFL have written formally to say he never had passed the fit and proper test nor has he shown proof of funds...

So that vs a text message from Shaun Harvey. 

The trouble being that whilst I'm convinced the text messages will be "non commital" out of context they may appear to have some basis. Which means Bassini cannot win but that it needs testing...which means adjournment. I think that is nailed on. 

If the EFL have written formally notifying Bassini that he didn't pass the fit and proper test etc, surely that should be nailed on to throw his appeal out?

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I have no idea what this Appleton chap looks like so my mind has automatically issued him the face of that dude who managed Blackpool and Portsmouth. 

JSL

Alan Ball?

Text from EFL

Regarding your suitability

to purchase BWFC from

Kenneth Anderson. OK

If only he'd scrolled down to see the rest of the text

dickhead,  you failed on all counts. Stop kidding yourself you demented wanker. 

It all depends what’s in the sale and purchase agreement.  If his ownership is contingent on him passing the EFL fit and proper tests then yes it’s enough

if that isn’t in there then theres a bigger problem. Although why anyone would want to buy a club if they can’t  own it and play the league I’ve no idea 

3 minutes ago, Blondi said:

If the EFL have written formally notifying Bassini that he didn't pass the fit and proper test etc, surely that should be nailed on to throw his appeal out?

No they've written formally as part of evidence to say that. It doesn't mean that Bassini has no case if judge considers Harvey texts to be clear confirmation. Though it means he'll end up having to fight EFL too.

He's not getting the club - this is about whether he gets some cash. And whether in doing that he destroys this club in the process.