Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I would imagine Sullivan's stake in WHU is worth a lot more than he paid for it and after a decade there  he may be ready to cash in.

Not sure what he made selling Birmingham but doubt it was a loss selling to Yeung. May be he thinks there is a profit to be made in us down the line.

38 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

He said Sullivan had 25 million for him to bring to the table, and I have not seen Sullivan denying that anywhere.

This is what keeps nagging at the back of my mind.

Bassini says Sullivan is funding his bid.

Sullivan isn't shy about speaking his mind

Sullivan isn't calling Bassini out for bullshitting.

• Site Supporter

Sullivan is a football man. Working class roots and a known lover of the game.

Hes been successful and always had the right people around him (Brady for one).

I’d welcome Sullivan with open arms, but he’s only allowed to get involved indirectly. Which, to be fair, is what he’s doing. Playing the game in the correct manner.

Bassini is an odd choice but I imagine Sullivan can make him dance to his tune and just be a front.

The more I see if Sullivan the more I think he’d steady the ship. He’s proven he can do it twice before.

I don’t think we are getting out of this

BWFC, as we know it, will die

No doubt the name and the spirit will rise again, in some league or other.

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

On 26 March 2018 an HMRC tax tribunal ruled that Sullivan had used West Ham United to avoid paying £700,000 tax for his own family business, Conegate Ltd. Sullivan used Conegate to buy £2m of shares in the holding company that owns West Ham. The same day the shares were converted to "deferred shares", deemed practically worthless and sold back for £1 back to the holding company. Conegate thereby the £2m loss to reduce its tax bill.

Sound like someone we already know, playing the HMRC for idiots?

Shock, horror! Folk in football avoiding tax.

At the last count HMRC were investigating 173 players, 40 clubs and 28 agents.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Shock, horror! Folk in football avoiding tax.

At the last count HMRC were investigating 173 players, 40 clubs and 28 agents.

I wonder if the same source of "advice" can be traced to the same place/person.

14 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

If he was giving Bassini a commercial loan, he wouldn’t be involved in the club 

If he’s charging rent then he has material influence on the club.

Lets say we got to the premiership Sullivan can charge an exorbitant rate to give West Ham an advantage. The league do not like his plan. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Who has said that? He has no influence in terms of the running or ownership of the club so would not be prohibited whatsoever 

he is simply a landlord

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ve been really patient with FV, backed them, but if they continue to fanny about I can see Sullivan being a decent option.

West Ham feeder club. 

Fairly sure we already were. Nolan, Vaz Te, Jasskelienen Jussi...

There are probably others

30 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Lets say we got to the premiership Sullivan can charge an exorbitant rate to give West Ham an advantage. The league do not like his plan. 

Nothing to worry, Iles on the ball again telling us that the ST's got this covered and no doubt their high net worth's will out bid anything Sullivan offers!

Thank God for the ST, where would we be without them?

On 19/08/2019 at 07:09, Biggish Dave said:

2 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

If he had the money, if he ever had the money, he'd have the club. 

But if he had £100mil to throw at us he still wouldnt pass the EFL test due to, u his past (I'm happy to be corrected on that).  

And if we were at death's door, absolute last chance saloon, and EFL said to LB "go on then you can have BWFC if you have some readies", and it went pear shaped within 6 months, everyone would be taking pot shots at the EFL for not stopping him taking over a club.  I genuinely wonder at what point the EFL have to say "you may be dodgy, but you're all we've got, see what you can do".

2 hours ago, Matthew1234 said:

I don't believe he had the required funds at the time of the SPA. Mr Bassini openly admitted he had not even performed due diligence on the club in detail, at the time of the SPA being signed. His actions are clearly questionable, but to me they appear to be more of the actions of a man so desperate to prove himself once again.

Everyone, quite rightly has their own opinion on him. Perhaps its me being a bit of a melt, but I look for the positives in the situation, and I do believe he wanted to clear his name and demonstrate he could take a football club forward. The real issue, as we all know, is funding and whether he has, or doesn't have it. For what its worth, I struggle to fathom why Mr Sullivan would associate himself in this sort of a transaction, if Bassini truly was as bad as what has been stirred in the media. I don't want to go on a war path about this as I am acutely aware I will come across as if I want Bassini to own the football club - of which I don't. However, there are always two sides to every story. If he did not have the funding - I can not see why a businessman, would put themselves out there like this. Yes, he could be crackers, but I do think there is more to this. I don't like the actions of the club administrators. They jumped into bed with FV at the earliest opportunity, and despite indications time and time again of funding issues, and the fact their business plan is entirely reliant on the acquisition of the Hotel, have not revoked their preferred bidders status. It just doesn't sit right with me. I can't wait for this to be over, but the longer it goes on, the more I can not see FV getting the hotel.

Very well put, and echoes how I feel.  Its not like Bassini would be instead of the Chinese lot or a Peter Kenyon or even a Mike Ashley, he'd be instead of either liquidation or a group with more interest in the hotel than the football, and very limited funds.  And as wierd as he is, he does appear to have an ounce of enthusiasm.