Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd imagine that's how the chat with Ken went.

I was just thinking that myself.  I dont have enough knowledge of what went on that crucial time in our history, but I'd imagine he wasnt fighting off a host of multi millionaires to get to the front of the queue.  Again, what choice did the EFL have.  The same goes for every club like Notts County, Coventry, Bury and Macclesfield will have the same issue - I'm genuinely not defending the EFL but how many people can they turn down when a club is on its knees?

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I was just thinking that myself.  I dont have enough knowledge of what went on that crucial time in our history, but I'd imagine he wasnt fighting off a host of multi millionaires to get to the front of the queue.  Again, what choice did the EFL have.  The same goes for every club like Notts County, Coventry, Bury and Macclesfield will have the same issue - I'm genuinely not defending the EFL but how many people can they turn down when a club is on its knees?

If it was a case of a club going bust the EFL would accept Idi Amin , Peter Sutcliffe, Rolf Harris and Gerry Adams as fit and proper. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

If it was a case of a club going bust the EFL would accept Idi Amin , Peter Sutcliffe, Rolf Harris and Gerry Adams as fit and proper. 

The Dale fella at Bury is rubbing shoulders with some outstanding company 😁

23 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

But if he had £100mil to throw at us he still wouldnt pass the EFL test due to, u his past (I'm happy to be corrected on that).  

And if we were at death's door, absolute last chance saloon, and EFL said to LB "go on then you can have BWFC if you have some readies", and it went pear shaped within 6 months, everyone would be taking pot shots at the EFL for not stopping him taking over a club.  I genuinely wonder at what point the EFL have to say "you may be dodgy, but you're all we've got, see what you can do".

Incorrect 

they knocked him back as he couldn’t show proof of funds 

As he has no money 

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Incorrect 

they knocked him back as he couldn’t show proof of funds 

As he has no money 

Yep. Though they also say he didn’t pass fit and proper either. Not passing doesn’t mean failing. But he hasn’t passed it. In their view inspite of Harvey’s texts.

If he had £25m, he could have had the club ten times over by now 

EFL would rip his hand off if that was the case, that of effect a founder member from the league, easy choice 

He hasn’t got it though, so it’s irrelevant 

Although, why did Sullivan tell Jordan he had given it to him? 

I’m seriously now at the point of expecting the worst possible outcome. Bury are dead in the water, Bassini is a penniless buffoon, FV appear unable to agree to a deal, the ST seem able to do nothing but write to people asking for answers and the EFL are mightily pissed off with us

Bury, then us, then I wouldn’t be surprised if a number of other clubs follow suit and go pop as well

Really hope I’m wrong but losing faith very quickly

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

If he had £25m, he could have had the club ten times over by now 

EFL would rip his hand off if that was the case, that of effect a founder member from the league, easy choice 

He hasn’t got it though, so it’s irrelevant 

Although, why did Sullivan tell Jordan he had given it to him? 

He believes he had the club a legally binding contract no? 

And sorry but have to disagree. He didn’t bid in admin so cannot have the club the admins have agreed a deal with somebody else that being FV. The king of Bahrain could turn up with 100m tomorrow unless the admins can void the heads of terms with FV nobody can take the club unless Sell it back to back to them.

But let’s not bring facts into this 

Edited by Escobarp

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

And sorry but have to disagree. He didn’t bid in admin so cannot have the club the admins have agreed a deal with somebody else that being FV. The king of Bahrain could turn up with 100m tomorrow unless the admins can void the heads of terms with FV nobody can take the club unless Sell it back to back to them.

????

if he had the sort of cash he claims he has, he could have bought us before admin or via admin quite easily (was the point I was trying to make) 

If FV are having a wobble then I would be surprised if the administrators are currently unable to look at other options 

But the main part of my point is that it’s all irrelevant as he has no money 

Just now, birch-chorley said:

????

if he had the sort of cash he claims he has, he could have bought us before admin or via admin quite easily (was the point I was trying to make) 

If FV are having a wobble then I would be surprised if the administrators are currently unable to look at other options 

But the main part of my point is that it’s all irrelevant as he has no money 

He claims he did buy us no? That’s my point. So why would he try and buy something he believes he has a contract that predates admin to buy us again?

i don’t know if the guys got a pot to piss in or not but the fact stands now that he believes he had a contract to buy us that is binding 

and my other point Is nobody can buy us other than FV unless they agree or they is a provision in the sale and purchase agreement to allow the admins to void it and move on

So bill gates could rock up tomorrow makes zero difference to us as it stands 

I can see why there is a thawing 

up against FV the majority with half a brain cell would choose FV every time. However as they bumble through with no sign of completing any time soon the window of opportunity is shutting and fast 

they have lost the vast majority of any credibility they had 

so then the choice becomes liquidation or any alternative. Any at all. LB is currently the only one. 

If it’s a choice between death and aids, many would choose to live with aids. It may kill you eventually but at least your alive for a little longer. Club dying or living on with Bassini is exactly the same  

Edited by barrycowdrill

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Unless the administrators are fools, any exclusivity period in the HOTs should have a longstop date and that should have passed by now. They may have agreed to extend the exclusivity period (potentially for a fee) but they should have given themselves a “get out” in case FV delayed and didn’t sign a sale agreement (which is the case). 

The administrators may not want to start negotiations with a new buyer, which is an entirely different matter. That would increase costs and they presumably already know if the other bidders are just crackpots.

2 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Unless the administrators are fools, any exclusivity period in the HOTs should have a longstop date and that should have passed by now. They may have agreed to extend the exclusivity period (potentially for a fee) but they should have given themselves a “get out” in case FV delayed and didn’t sign a sale agreement (which is the case). 

The administrators may not want to start negotiations with a new buyer, which is an entirely different matter. That would increase costs and they presumably already know if the other bidders are just crackpots.

I agree it should have a long stop date. If that had passed why are they not seeking a new buyer? It is because that date hasn’t passed or there isn’t one which would be negligent in my opinion. 

Either way now there isn’t enough time for anyone to buy us other than them unless somebody takes a drastic punt or enters into some sort of JV with FV which is unlikely that they would do that as cuts their profits 

i think we are royally fucked 

45 minutes ago, Ani said:

It’s getting towards time the Supporters Trust will step in as heroes

• Moderators
Just now, Escobarp said:

Least he is showing a modicum of interest and determination. Nut job or not if only FV could show the same desire. 

We don't know what they are doing

They could tell us but it wouldn't change anything