Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Bet she won't be a club employee much longer after that 

Good write up about that utter shit show tonight. Running out of ways to describe this shambles.

Will get asked tomorrow by people at work about what was said. Don't know where to start.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Good write up about that utter shit show tonight. Running out of ways to describe this shambles.

Will get asked tomorrow by people at work about what was said. Don't know where to start.

Cheers. Whole thing is just a huge joke 

There is so much misinformation out there at the moment it has become intolerable.

The parties involved in the bids need to step out of the shadows NOW otherwise they will lose the support of everyone, staff, players, management and more importantly, us the fans.

The talking has to stop now and put up or shut up.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
1 minute ago, Romiley White said:

Am I the only one thinking my money for the Doncaster game has now evaporated? Is my £32 now on the long list of unsecured creditors, paying for 4.8 minutes of an administrators time?

Club are refunding the money if you request it. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Big day today, release of judges decision, be interesting if that prompts FV into action. 

FV have an offer in for the football club accepted by the administrators. The issue is not between FV or admins. No action on their part can resolve it. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

FV have an offer in for the football club accepted by the administrators. The issue is not between FV or admins. No action on their part can resolve it. 

If the judge ruling confirms that the purchase can proceed without any legal challenge then that might start the wheels in motion, obviously the hotel needs to be sorted as well but I’m thinking the judge confirming there can be no legal challenge to buying the club might just be the catalyst to get this done. Could be wishful thinking but we will soon see. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

If the judge ruling confirms that the purchase can proceed without any legal challenge then that might start the wheels in motion, obviously the hotel needs to be sorted as well but I’m thinking the judge confirming there can be no legal challenge to buying the club might just be the catalyst to get this done. Could be wishful thinking but we will soon see. 

Can I just refer you to the pertinent part of the article in the BN yesterday...the injunction and all is a sideshow. If the creditors and FV cannot reach agreement....well.....

What is beyond doubt, however, is that the main players in this saga have yet to give long-time front runners Football Ventures their 100 per cent backing.

Keir Gordon, the solicitor who has looked after the trust of late owner Eddie Davies, Ken Anderson, the club’s outgoing owner, and Football Ventures director, Michael James – flanked by his advisor, and ex-Wanderers director, Richard Gee, have been locked in a Mexican stand-off for too long.

Animosity between those involved pre-dates administration. The back-biting originated when Davies first began moves to sell up and continued all the way through the stormy Anderson era.

19 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Can I just refer you to the pertinent part of the article in the BN yesterday...the injunction and all is a sideshow. If the creditors and FV cannot reach agreement....well.....

There going to have to get their act together soon, otherwise they’ll just be liquidation as the only option. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

12 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Good shout, just need  to add the EFL for the full house. 

Your best post by some margin, well done sir. 

I don't think so.

The Bassini gang were only spending £200K up front and that would have cut out a lot of time-consuming effort and cost.

If it was initially Sullivan's money, I'd expect him to have have had a pretty good idea of the position and prospects (darn sight better than the ST) and I'm sure he would have left enough room to wriggle out of it if summat seriously amiss turned up.

£200K would have been better than nowt for KA but could he be sure that it would all get sorted with EDT paid out and him off the hook? With the EFL under mounting presssure over FPP and other regulatory issues, I'd doubt he could take that for granted.

ST have come out with a statement this morning. It says nowt worth mentioning.

45 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If the creditors and FV can't reach agreement because the secured creditors are being offered a poor deal but that's all FV can afford you are back to who else, whilst Rome burns.

44 minutes ago, Matty said:

What are the emails Bassini supposedly released between him and the admin and then with Macron. Will this have any knock on effect?

I haven't got round to watching the full Bassini video, only the first 30 minutes or so. Bassini went at length to discuss that he made a better offer to creditors, at 100p in the £. What he didn't mention was the date that this offer was made. I assume it was made after the date in which the administrators stated they needed best and final offers, but like I say, the date of his offer was not said. I still don't fully understand why anyone would offer 100p in the £, when its widely known that FV's offer gets nowhere near that level.

Effectively, he was stating that Macron claimed they had never been shown Bassini's offer. Again though, if this offer was after the cut off point, then I would imagine that is why. It does still amaze me that FV's preferred bidders status has not yet been revoked. It must have something to do with the £1m that FV injected. What interested me more was the mention of Keir Gordon, and Bassini's claim that he was also approached to pay this £1m, and that this would be key in securing the club. If we take that on face value, it would appear that whoever paid that, had a one way ticket to acquiring the club. I can understand why someone would not want to pay that outright, given the risk involved.

Could someone clarify what todays judge decision being released is in regards to? It's the first I have seen or heard about it.

Edited by Matthew1234

27 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

If the creditors and FV can't reach agreement because the secured creditors are being offered a poor deal but that's all FV can afford you are back to who else, whilst Rome burns.

Exactly - the rights and wrongs of it are thus - the admins ran a process and found the best deal. The secured creditors don't like it. But also don't seemingly have another way of saving the business - if they did they'd have offered it up by now. 

So you're in the mess of FV being the only option but the secured creditors not liking said option.

I'd say the more worrying aspect of the comment piece yesterday is that perhaps the issue is not so much about money and more about a long standing dispute between creditors and Mike James. I really hope this isn't a case of egos preventing the football club being saved!