Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

He lost credibility a while ago with his comments

No doubt the twitter cocksplats will jump all over it though

Hes losing it with me too, he really needs to shut the fuck up or at least wait until the dust as settled on all this, just keep stirring the shit pot does BWFC  or himself any favours

Edited by tyldesley_white

37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What folk forget mcginlay is most likely privy to more info regarding what’s actually going on behind the scenes

But is he? Really?

Aligning himself with Iles and the Twitter Twats did him no favours imo regarding his credibility 

Understand your sentiments Mounts but he does himself no favours

8 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

But is he? Really?

Aligning himself with Iles and the Twitter Twats did him no favours imo regarding his credibility 

Understand your sentiments Mounts but he does himself no favours

I think he knows much more than your average fan, I’m sure he’s made his call on that information, time will tell if he’s right or wrong. 

58 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What folk forget mcginlay is most likely privy to more info regarding what’s actually going on behind the scenes, folk dissing him should perhaps go easy until all the facts are known and that’ll be after KA has left the party. 

he knew fuck all about the scouting even if he sits next to Lee

SJM should just shut the fuck up , he was a legendary player from a bygone era who knows fuck all about our current financial situation.

To maintain his status amongst the fans who worshipped him,  he would be better to just stay well out of it imo.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

8 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

SJM should just shut the fuck up , he was a legendary player from a bygone era who knows fuck all about our current financial situation.

To maintain his status amongst the fans who worshipped him,  he would be better to just stay well out of it imo.

Respect your opinion but I don’t think he should shut up. I’m more than happy to trust him on this given he will know more than me and you and only has the interest of BWFC at heart. 

Have no idea why he’s chucking his two Penneth worth in again anyway? 

Ken, key people at the club and prospective buyers seem to be quietly going about their business to get this sorted. Hardly been a shit storm the last few weeks really? 

Unless he’s paid for each word in a BN article he’s better off saying fuck all than repeating the same nonsense. He was made to look idiotic with his last ramblings 

there’s a time and place for your noise SJ and it isn’t now 

We should remember SJM for The Battle of Burnden, THAT header at Anfield, and countless other goals and memories

Not for aligning himself with Iles and the Twatter folk, sitting on a stage in an embarrassing Q&A, and pontificating on financial affairs with his own dodgy record

Personally, I don't care what he does or doesn't know and how much itk know he is

Just keep a respectable distance and stay out of it until the sale of the club is done and dusted

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

The reason he is putting is two Penneth in is because he was probably asked is view on it don’t see anything wrong with what he says and apart from that he gives a fuck 

But someone so highly regarded within the Wanderers supporting community ought to be very guarded in giving opinions. It really could come back and bite him on the arse.

SJM talking business is like Bono prattling on about climate change. 

But there is nothing to upset people in that article. Nothing massively insightful either but not sure why people would get upset about it. If potential users are put if by that article they should not be buying a football club. 

As for SJM. ‘Soaring magnificent header’ ‘Walker is free at the far post...and he scores...that will relieve the tension on the bench’. He is forgiven for anything. 

Edited by Ani

12 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Respect your opinion but I don’t think he should shut up. I’m more than happy to trust him on this given he will know more than me and you and only has the interest of BWFC at heart. 

Mounts you only trust him because he shares you opinion. if he was saying KA was a legend he would be a dumb jock. 

He is a club playing legend. Personally loved him playing but he gets on my nerves now. he is just another ex player on the freeloading gravy train that is BWFC. through listening to folk on here he has an interesting past regarding paying bills etc so its odd he feels a need to be in the spotlight. 

Why can't he do what nolan etc do. Turn up, Wave and sign a few photos. 

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

Mounts you only trust him because he shares you opinion. if he was saying KA was a legend he would be a dumb jock. 

He is a club playing legend. Personally loved him playing but he gets on my nerves now. he is just another ex player on the freeloading gravy train that is BWFC. through listening to folk on here he has an interesting past regarding paying bills etc so its odd he feels a need to be in the spotlight. 

Why can't he do what nolan etc do. Turn up, Wave and sign a few photos. 

If all he cared about was being on the gravy train, constantly speaking out against the owner is the last thing he'd do. It already cost him one paying gig.

Agree with him, disagree with him, there's no doubt he's getting involved because he wants whats best for the club and the town.

• Site Supporter

Drilling down in the article a bit, the business side of things; he won't be a party to specifics.

What was interesting was his comment about the mood within the club which he will have a feel for.

No problem with offering comments, just wish he'd be more guarded and sensitive to the situation. Wait until a deal is done and then launch his rockets.

15 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

If all he cared about was being on the gravy train, constantly speaking out against the owner is the last thing he'd do. It already cost him one paying gig.

Agree with him, disagree with him, there's no doubt he's getting involved because he wants whats best for the club and the town.

Why did he not mention anything whilst we racked up 180million debt then ? 

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Why did he not mention anything whilst we racked up 180million debt then ? 

He was living in U.S.  and I’m not sure I do wholly share same view as SJM but I’ll trust his viewpoint over yours and the rest of the KA lovers on this website. I’d think most rational BWFC fans share a similar view of Ken, and that he was a necessary evil, but one who’s overstayed his welcome, been recompensed amply for his time and effort, but one that has ultimately seen the club tear itself apart and the team prodduce some of the worst football in living memory, my big concern is what skeletons he’ll leave in the cupboard when he finally sells the club. 

By the way good luck with Widnes hope it gets sorted. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

42 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He was living in U.S.  and I’m not sure I do wholly share same view as SJM but I’ll trust his viewpoint over yours and the rest of the KA lovers on this website. I’d think most rational BWFC fans share a similar view of Ken, and that he was a necessary evil, but one who’s overstayed his welcome, been recompensed amply for his time and effort, but one that has ultimately seen the club tear itself apart and the team prodduce some of the worst football in living memory, my big concern is what skeletons he’ll leave in the cupboard when he finally sells the club. 

Think everyone agrees he’s outstayed his welcome 

he’s Indirectly responsible for producing the worst football in living memory. Ie; he’s not got the money to sack the fella directly responsible for that

both him and the manager are responsible in equal terms for the state the club is in. On and off the pitch. I can’t wait personally until they both fuck off 

but ones painted as the devil and the other is getting away Scott free at the moment 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

By the way good luck with Widnes hope it gets sorted. 

So does Stu Holden and he manages to keep up to speed. 

He should stick to being a playing legend. 

Widnes are fecked and will be gone by friday