Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Iles reporting that seems some forward movement in the Basran deal. 

Probably based on nothing more than Watsmore's 'over the line' post earlier. 

The one he called 'balti basran' a 'curry munching fuckpig' 

Edited by stevieb

1 hour ago, Spider said:
1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Gone to the dogs this site 

134 pages and not a single pair of tits

Yer darn tootin'

100 odd pages, there must have been at least a couple. There's fucking loads on the Brexit thread. 😉

20 minutes ago, John Galt said:

The debt is actually over £30m, forensic accounting has proven this.

A final sale figure was agreed in principal which has since been inflated, hence the delay in proceeding with the transfer of ownership, time is not on Mr Andersons side

How would the consortium intend to recoup their investment and over what timescale?

The Premier League riches seem beyond our reach unless substantial inward investment in to the club is made and even then promotion is by no means guaranteed.

Investment in youth players for potential future sell-ons will take a number of years to come to fruition, and again not guaranteed to unearth a constant flow of Premier standard players for sale.

Selling land or building won't help the club long term to develop and grow.

I'm perplexed at why anyone would want to buy a club in so much debt like ours, so close to major established Premier clubs, but clearly people do, so what is the selling point in buying Bolton, which clearly I am missing?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

How would the consortium intend to recoup their investment and over what timescale?

The Premier League riches seem beyond our reach unless substantial inward investment in to the club is made and even then promotion is by no means guaranteed.

Investment in youth players for potential future sell-ons will take a number of years to come to fruition, and again not guaranteed to unearth a constant flow of Premier standard players for sale.

I'm perplexed at why anyone would want to buy a club in so much debt like ours, so close to major established Premier clubs, but clearly people do, so what is the selling point in buying Bolton, which clearly I am missing?

Sssshhh, Sluffy! They might back off. Leave it till after the deal's done, then we can call them silly fuckers.

8 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

If you want to buy a football club with a premier league infrastructure including, hotel, car parks, office space, exhibition rooms, a number of lounges and suites and exec boxes, a top quality training centre, what do you think the going rate would be? I’d guess north of 30 million and there’s not many available. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If you want to buy a football club with a premier league infrastructure including, hotel, car parks, office space, exhibition rooms, a number of lounges and suites and exec boxes, a top quality training centre, what do you think the going rate would be? I’d guess north of 30 million and there’s not many available. 

Coventry are available for less

5 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

But we own the Reebok - Coventry are tenants

No we don’t, we may in a few days though. 

Although to be precise Whites Ventures will own it (well 70% of it) and simply allow BWFC to play there, as tenants.

Edited by Howardroark
Change

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Do we own it? It’s been mortgaged to the hilt hasn’t it

Its like having a100% mortgage, you ‘own’ it but it’s effectively the banks 

Any mortgaged asset is technically owned from a legal title perspective by the entity holding the charge. Doesnt mean it’s any less your home or owned by you in my book