Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, leadfrog1 said:

Do people forget that the probable reason Holdsworth's backers pulled out was because Anderson sold Zach Clough without informing the other shareholder. People thought at the time that this was done with the knowledge they'd pullout thus reducing the value of Holdsworth's asset meaning that he would have to go into liquidation meaning that Anderson could take full control of the club at a reduced cost. All we have is conjecture and guess work with a few facts thrown in because we've been lied to so often.  

Yes, people have forget that. Mainly because people realise that time travel is impossible, so your conjecture is impossible.

Anderson stepped up when Holdsworths backers pulled out. They pulled out before Anderson/Holdsworth bought the club. They pulled out before Clough was sold. They pulled out hours before the club was due to be liquidated, leaving the club dead.

No one is defending Andersons actions after he took over the club, but do not try to re-write the narrative of how the club ended up in his hands.

no but saying "Deano was gone before Clough was sold" was wrong thats what i was pointing out in that message

What Ziggy Stardust said above.

Holdsworth backers left before Clough was sold.

no but saying "Deano was gone before Clough was sold" was wrong thats what i was pointing out in that message

You seemed to have missed this gem in that BEN article "because Holdsworth had refused to contribute funds on a pro-rata basis", we seem to have a Anderson hater but a Holdsworth Lover

• Site Supporter

Yep, he was at the club but with a minority holding & pinching a living. He brought a big fucking millstone with the Wonga loan & proved that he was a liability with nothing to contribute...

• Site Supporter

Holdsworth has been involved in the purchase and running of several clubs people with money trust him, there's a reason for that. I'm not an Anderson hater, i call it as i see it. 

and on that note......

Holdsworth has been involved in the purchase and running of several clubs people with money trust him, there's a reason for that. I'm not an Anderson hater, i call it as i see it. 

Put your rod away WUM

Folk suggesting that Anderson "saved the club" is pure speculation rather than fact, because just as we don't currently know what would happen if we go into administration, so it was then. The difference being that with >£40 million on the balance sheet when Anderson took over we could certainly have afforded to go into administration using our own assets at that time and got the finances sorted - and potentially a rich owner. It's bullshit that we were dead and buried. Until the accounts come out we don't know the current value of the club although it had dropped by >£4 million in Anderson's first year and nothing's been filed since. If anything the only facts we know point to Anderson having been a waste of time and money.

Just now, Hoppy510 said:

Folk suggesting that Anderson "saved the club" is pure speculation rather than fact, because just as we don't currently know what would happen if we go into administration, so it was then. The difference being that with >£40 million on the balance sheet when Anderson took over we could certainly have afforded to go into administration using our own assets at that time and got the finances sorted - and potentially a rich owner. It's bullshit that we were dead and buried. Until the accounts come out we don't know the current value of the club although it had dropped by >£4 million in Anderson's first year and nothing's been filed since. If anything the only facts we know point to Anderson having been a waste of time and money.

Who would have taken us into Administration? HMRC? It was a liquidation hearing we were facing in 5 minutes time.

Agree that we dont know a lot till the next set of accounts come out but we do know what the situation was back then.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, TroySwoosh said:

can we ban registering of new accounts until the takeover/go under is complete? 

Let them all on

This place exposes people quickly if they just want to call KA a cunt without any real back up

its easier on twitter because it’s more like a sniper range.

on here, you’re points will be discussed and if you’re a wind up it’s sorted fairly soon.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

I have a masters degree in Business analytics...with 6 years experience in business. Don't talk down to me. Who are you? 

You DO know what patronising means, don’t you Dr Faustus?

Anderson sold off Holding, Clough, Madine and the North Stand car park with an estimated value of £15 million in total. What would we have done last winter without that £6 million for Madine? we've been living on borrowed time while Anderson holds on to try and get the most he can for the club. I don't blame him for wanting to get a decent return but people lauding him like the second coming is stupidity. 

Anderson sold off Holding, Clough, Madine and the North Stand car park with an estimated value of £15 million in total. What would we have done last winter without that £6 million for Madine? we've been living on borrowed time while Anderson holds on to try and get the most he can for the club. I don't blame him for wanting to get a decent return but people lauding him like the second coming is stupidity. 

Who has lauded him??????? I only see people pointing out it was Ken or bust.

Maybe I need 6 years in 'Business' as opposed to the 20+ years I have working in Finance

3 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Anderson sold off Holding, Clough, Madine and the North Stand car park with an estimated value of £15 million in total. What would we have done last winter without that £6 million for Madine? we've been living on borrowed time while Anderson holds on to try and get the most he can for the club. I don't blame him for wanting to get a decent return but people lauding him like the second coming is stupidity

Again, which no-one are doing.

Just out of curiosity, with your extensive experierence in business & associated analytics, how would you fund a company losing circa £600k per month over a 3 year period ?