Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Again, I ask, with your extensive experience in business & associated analytics, how would you fund a company losing circa £600k per month over a 3 year period ?

Whoa- who are you? Don't speak down to him...

2 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Guys Anderson DOESNT GIVE A SHIT 

We know.

he gets his money anyway regardless of what happens to us

Not necessarily

This is why hes holding out for the most he can get, because it doesnt matter to him either way.

I feel like Maggie Tate

3 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Again, I ask, with your extensive experience in business & associated analytics, how would you fund a company losing circa £600k per month over a 3 year period ?

Holdsworth's magic money tree I assume

Ken says he wants 10 but would accept 5, buyers are only looking to spend 3. He knows that if we did fold he'd get 4, so why take the lower bid of 3, when he knows he can get 4 if we folded and maybe 5 if the buyer decides to spend extra right at the end.

If a deals going to happen it'll happen right at the last min

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, leadfrog1 said:

Ken says he wants 10 but would accept 5, buyers are only looking to spend 3. He knows that if we did fold he'd get 4, so why take the lower bid of 3, when he knows he can get 4 if we folded and maybe 5 if the buyer decides to spend extra right at the end.

You’ve basically made all that up.

We'll probably never know the exact details but based on my analysis from the information at hand that appears to be the order of battle 

obviously we don't know the full details due to nda etc 

Edited by leadfrog1
reasons

Deals always happen at the last minute. There are always negotiations from both sides until there is no time left, at which point the side with the upper hand tends to win most of the negotiating points. With your masters degree I’d expect you to know that.

It will go to the wire and a deal will be done.

I don’t really know why I’m responding to you because I’m convinced you’re on the wind up based on your other posts. 

We'll probably never know the exact details but based on my analysis from the information at hand that appears to be the order of battle 

Please share the information you are basing that on

• Site Supporter

So you’re making it all up.

i hope you didn’t run up a load of debt for that masters. 

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

So you’re making it all up.

i hope you didn’t run up a load of debt for that masters. 

He got it from Wharton, Philly, which may account for the endeavor comment. 

It's Trump's  alma mater btw.

You guys who what liquidation means? assets get turned into cash to pay off creditors and at the end the remainder goes to the shareholder, say the debts are 10 million, anything after that goes to Anderson. He might be under the assumption he could get 25/30 million for the assets in that situation, leaving him with £15-20 million, which might be more than the money he could get while trying to sell the club. 

At the moment we don't have the information, so yes all we know is Anderson doesn't have much money, we know roughly the size of the debt and we know how much the club has been advertised for before. The biggest assumption I've made is the value of the club and that is based on the sale amount. 

4 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

You guys who what liquidation means? assets get turned into cash to pay off creditors and at the end the remainder goes to the shareholder, say the debts are 10 million, anything after that goes to Anderson. He might be under the assumption he could get 25/30 million for the assets in that situation, leaving him with £15-20 million, which might be more than the money he could get while trying to sell the club. 

At the moment we don't have the information, so yes all we know is Anderson doesn't have much money, we know roughly the size of the debt and we know how much the club has been advertised for before. The biggest assumption I've made is the value of the club and that is based on the sale amount. 

Go and read the previous pages of this thread (Howard's posts in particular) and then you might have a better idea of what the levels of debt are. You are just making yourself look foolish now

6 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Is every number you quote made up ? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

For Sale:

Football Stadium. Would suit top level football organisation. Needs some improvement and a couple of bulbs.

Smells a bit. 

Form an orderly queue 

11 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Why wait until this particular crisis to do that?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, leadfrog1 said:

Anderson sold off Holding, Clough, Madine and the North Stand car park with an estimated value of £15 million in total. What would we have done last winter without that £6 million for Madine? we've been living on borrowed time while Anderson holds on to try and get the most he can for the club. I don't blame him for wanting to get a decent return but people lauding him like the second coming is stupidity. 

Car park

Are you sure?

1 hour ago, Wardrobe said:

Who has lauded him??????? I only see people pointing out it was Ken or bust.

Maybe I need 6 years in 'Business' as opposed to the 20+ years I have working in Finance

I dunno, this was from Chris Custard the other day...

Just over two years later the club had reduced player costs and future commitments, managed to keep most of its permanent staff employed, regained and maintained Championship status and was forecast to actually turn in a profit for the first time in years. Shareholders at the 2018 AGM seemed to think that KA had worked a  miracle.

If he now manages to hand it over to someone with deep pockets and a willingness to spend some of it on the club, who will say he hasn't?

Edited by Tombwfc

33 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

I know what liquidation is.

It's where we were 5 mins from before ken jumped in.

38 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

brilliant. Think I just pissed myself.

Only downside is custard'll be along in a minute to explain balance sheet basics to our new business guru.

26 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

The assets are nowhere near being valuable enough to deliver surplus funds. 

PBP would call in their security; 

Brett would call in his security; 

Players contracts would be voided; 

The majority of the remaining assets are infrastructure (Stadium, land and Academy) which would attract a liquidation value of maybe 50% given the costs to convert and the likely backlash. 

44 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Priceless. Pmsl