Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

It's so Bolton that we've got some wealthy people interested in taking us over to (possibly) pull us out of the shit, and we are gunna end up in liquidation because our chairman is a leech and a letter was sent to the wrong address. 🙃

• Site Supporter

If we win on Saturday I may suggest they take two days off training every week because whatever they've been training for in a full week certainly hasn't been to win that weekend's football game.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

If (and it's a big if) Ken can make more money out of not dealing with the other bidder, then why shouldn't he seek what works out best for him?

Didn't he say he wanted what was best for the football club 

4 minutes ago, Traf said:

If (and it's a big if) Ken can make more money out of not dealing with the other bidder, then why shouldn't he seek what works out best for him?

Hes a business man, cant blame him really.  Its only like what Richard Gere did in Pretty Woman and nobody slagged him off.

1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Hes a business man, cant blame him really.  Its only like what Richard Gere did in Pretty Woman and nobody slagged him off.

I thought Richard Gere did Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?

Surely though, if it is a judge KA knows then the odds will be stacked in his favour.

Does he apply to the court or does he go into the chamber, hand over a wad of cash and hey ho he has another 7 days grace to find a buyer

2 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Surely though, if it is a judge KA knows then the odds will be stacked in his favour.

Does he apply to the court or does he go into the chamber, hand over a wad of cash and hey ho he has another 7 days grace to find a buyer

Wad of cash sounds best bet 

But hopefully a judge will dismiss it as petty

1 minute ago, Pricey said:

I think KA will be better with a judge that has never heard of him. 

I keep thinking surely the judge has to balance the likelihood of his case being valid with the consequences. But pretty sure the consequences are irrelevant like when the police make a technical mistake and a guilty party goes free. Not sure how burden of proof works. 

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This Bahrain connection revealed on April fools day could only happen to BWFC. It can’t happen to us can it? 

That's a really interesting question , and whilst I hope what Howard "Revealed " on this Forum in some ways comes to fruition I do have some concerns 

Howard when you and I first exchanged messages on this board you latched on to the fact that I was aware that there was a bidder out there that had gone directly to speak to CRS and the ED trustees , and you asked me in private if it was an American group that you named and I told you it was not and that it was a British based group that I did not name

From then on we talked about it being a British based bid on this forum , and throughout the intervening weeks I have maintained a contact with my source and have been fed scraps of Information. 

I spoke to my  source again this morning and they are confirming to me that progress is finally being made but and this is the bit that intrigues me I am assured that there is NO Bahrainian aspect to their bid . 

I know there is an International element to their proposed funding  but from the outset its never been Bahranian 

So where does this leave me  - it leaves me thinking that there are a range of possibilities including 

(1) My source - credible though they are - is lying to me 

(2) My Source is having some Information withheld from him and he does not know all the sources of the funding 

(3) There are actually two active dark horse bidders at play - this I think most unlikely 

(4) The documentation you disclosed last night dated early March relates either to a bidder who is no longer interested in acquiring the club or we are being asked to make one huge leap of faith from a document showing Kens signature to the Bahranian Royal family via Donald Trump with the only thing linking all this together being Cerebus the document file name 

My contact has not heard of Cerebus  

Thinking yesterday afternoon that I had an idea as to the likely conclusion of this messy saga , I now find myself totally confused - am trying to put it all together and make sense of it but I am really struggling  

Then there's Mario Jardel being a "Romantic" connection to Bolton that also intrigues me , its a bit tenuous - ,he only played a handful of games .  I  well remember his debut an away night game  at Fratton Park - he came on as sub - and never have so many Bolton fans laughed so much at one of their own players - and this was a supposed star player on his debut . I cannot for one minute believe he left Bolton with positive memories . 

As I say having sat back and watched expectation levels on this site reach almost fever pitch in some quarters  , i just  hope you are correct but I do have some major concerns 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

I think KA will be better with a judge that has never heard of him. 

I keep thinking surely the judge has to balance the likelihood of his case being valid with the consequences. But pretty sure the consequences are irrelevant like when the police make a technical mistake and a guilty party goes free. Not sure how burden of proof works. 

Would the administration notes come into play? Could the Judge potentially question why the takeover hasn't happened yet when he stated it would be done, hence the reason for the adjournment

Just now, WestStandUpper said:

I cant disclose, for obvious reasons but I have just had it confirmed by a friend in high places, that it is true what Howard says and Bahrain at 4.30 unless Ken sells beforehand.

Trust me.

I do hope you / Howard are correct as I say am trying to piece all this together 

1 minute ago, sbwfc1 said:

Nixon laughing off the Bahrain interest....

Im so lost.

Could the media censorship in Bahrain extend to include UK press when it comes to Bahrain people? Hence why Iles and the BN have been silent other than to say 'it's not Bassini'

This could be why nothing is being reported.