Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

For some reason, I just have a gut feeling he's gonna cave in before court and accept an offer before the hearing...

The prospect of liquidation, having to attend hearings and investigations is definitely not what he wants.

Just a gut.. maybe hope too.

That would be quite a U-Turn.

Kipper seems to think our lawyer is confident of getting an adjournment tomorrow, so I'm going to lean on the side of disagreeing and say we get liquidated tomorrow.

1 minute ago, SilentBob said:

Yeah, I figured that might be the case, but you told me to ignore you earlier because I basically said I thought the reason for delay on Ken's part was trivial.

Most of us all want the same thing and that's a future for the club. 

I get it mate but the judge is spending less than a minute per case. 

Trivial or not if Ken says 'I'm really close' honest.

The judge may grant an adjournment. Might help Howards mob but will give Ken another 6 days to seal a deal with bassini. 

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

That would be quite a U-Turn.

Kipper seems to think our lawyer is confident of getting an adjournment tomorrow, so I'm going to lean on the side of disagreeing and say we get liquidated tomorrow.

That would mean Howard's Bahraini Army are back in play, along with others, so it would be a decent outcome.

Edited by WestStandUpper

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I get it mate but the judge is spending less than a minute per case. 

Trivial or not if Ken says 'I'm really close' honest.

The judge may grant an adjournment. Might help Howards mob but will give Ken another 6 days to seal a deal with bassini. 

Was in reference to him getting an extension on the notice period for the shares, rather than tomorrows case. I just thought him saying that he didn't receive the letter until a week after it was delivered wouldn't be enough, but somehow he's found a judge today to give him another week. That was my only point really. 

2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Howard... As a percentage what is the likelyhood that you will get asked a question that you have already answered repeatedly in the next 10 minutes?

Some folk get confused by percentages, so I think we should have a scale that can be consistently used for asking Howard questions about the likelihood of various shit happening / not happening.

I reckon everything should be on a scale of 1 to 1, keep it nice and simple.

On Howard's behalf, the answer to all future what's the likelihood questions is 1.

Sorted.

9 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

They ‘somebody else’ has never asked a question before nor been involved in this forum. I had answered the question previously also.

The 'somebody else' being me? Can I not ask a question now?    Incidentally I've been a member of this forum since it started, not posted much but that's irrelevant. 

For what it's worth I echo Silent Bob's earlier post. I am not trying to discredit you and have welcomed your comments.

4 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

Was in reference to him getting an extension on the notice period for the shares, rather than tomorrows case. I just thought him saying that he didn't receive the letter until a week after it was delivered wouldn't be enough, but somehow he's found a judge today to give him another week. That was my only point really. 

Ken has been in the business a long time. Probably knows a few judges who he knows can be lenient.

Doubt he would've put all his eggs in the basket of challenging the share recall if he didn't feel confident about it.

2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

They are a consortium that operate under the Gaspard name 

Is this the men who contain Brett warbie and the bloke who owns the car park? 

I. E they are more of a connection to the club than that fat lad who Sam signed who got fat on pies in Wigan? 

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Ken has been in the business a long time. Probably knows a few judges who he knows can be lenient.

you do know this int like telly where they find a friendly judge for a warrant?

5 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

They are a consortium that operate under the Gaspard name 

Anything in the name Gaspard?

I find it quite amusing that Anderson's company for buying Bolton is literally called Inner Circle Investments - as he's only interested in investing in his inner circle, which includes Ken and family.

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I. E they are more of a connection to the club than that fat lad who Sam signed who got fat on pies in Wigan?

dunt sound as romantic when you put it like that

1 minute ago, wakey said:

you do know this int like telly where they find a friendly judge for a warrant?

It's either just like that or Ken's claim was legitimate. Not sure which one more believable. 

51 minutes ago, wakey said:

In summary ...

1. We have Benny's mob, some comedy tyre kickers, Howard's mob fading out, and the mad fella plus a couple of dodgy blokes backed by Thai money launderers (allegedly).

2. We'll get an adjournment tomorrow in our 20 second hearing

us: can we please have another ...

judge: yes, now fuck off

3. By the state of this forum, no fucker in Bolton's done a scrap of work today

4. We've yet to establish how many times we can ask Howard exactly the same questions, but it's somewhere between fucking loads and infinity

5. Lots of folk upset that Howard's mob looking less likely despite the fact we've no idea who they are or what their intentions for the club are (although H seems to temper expectations whenever it looks likely and offer juicier bits when it looks off)

6. Turning up on Saturday gets you out of the house for a couple of hours with the added benefit of not having t watch the match.

7. You can still boo from outside (in the likelihood we're playing shit)

We have Benny's mob, some comedy tyre kickers 

Lets wait and see 

1 minute ago, Benny The Ball said:

Lets wait and see 

I think that is supposed to read we have 1. Benny's mob. 2. Comedy Tyre kickers. 3. Howard's mob etc...

Could be wrong, but I read it first as Benny's mob being comedy tyre kickers then read it again differently.

1 minute ago, Benny The Ball said:

Lets wait and see

You've misread sir, comma was meant to indicate separate entities.

Although as it transpires, the people I was calling tyre kickers may well be your mob. If they're one and the same, happy to take your word that they've brass behind them.

Just now, wakey said:

happy to take your word that they've brass behind them.

should have added "rather than Ken's hints otherwise".

Don't know you from Adam. It's you or Ken. I believe you.:)

35 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I am not working with the consortium directly - I am not part of the consortium -  I have assisted in various ways over a period of 2 years introducing people I know who have been able to assist in putting this proposal together - that's all 

My understanding is that Gaspard are the party named in Court two weeks ago as being  in discussions with KA 

Thanks for the reply.

So a coming together of life long Wanderers with some being 'high net worth individuals' no doubt?

Don't worry your secret is safe with me as nobody else seems to have noticed.

😉

1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

Thanks for the reply.

So a coming together of life long Wanderers with some being 'high net worth individuals' no doubt?

Don't worry your secret is safe with me as nobody else seems to have noticed.

😉

Of course people have noticed what’s been alluded to