Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Thanks for the replies anyway. 

Mostly as I figured, a lot of people believing in Howard's buyers. 

For what it's worth I think I'm a mix of both. A lot of what he's said adds up and makes sense, so he's either very well researched or knows what he's talking about. On the other hand I don't like the convenient excuses pushing back deadlines. Not saying things don't crop up, but just seems like that might be what's happening.

No news until the day before saying he's challenging it, then he's silently found a judge to sort him out for another week. Now he has a week, but keep in mind that he may play hardball when it comes to crunch time next week, or some other mysterious buyer may pay them off. I hope I'm being overly cynical and there is a rich consortium waiting to clear us of all debt and complete the takeover next week, but it sounds like it's already a certainty that it will be somehow delayed just as we are expecting answers, so I'm not buying into that. 

Also don't think liquidation will happen. We'll end up with a new owner one way or another. Don't think anyone can be bothered with this dragging out for another month. 

I think it's safe to say that H knows more about Takeovers/liquidation/Administration  than anyone else on here.

With more than a thousand posts in 3 weeks on a subject that grows ever more confusing to most of us, his posts have been helpful,knowledgeable, and a real eye opener.

At no point did he say that his buyers were 100% certs to own our club.

WUM? Nah, not for me.

If voluntary liquidation was open to Ken at anytime why has'nt he done it by now?

Howard comes accross as proficient thruthful without being open(understandable) but he is PR he could be the sheep covering for the wolf we just dont know .The fact that his group could walk away with millions in compensation is a worry also, although that money has to come from somewhere & someone presumably more desperate to own the club.That could be a win/win if the competition have 'deep pockets' regardless of its origins.

I think we will get a resolution & don't think, as dodgy as he undoubtably is,that Anderson will liquidate the club.

That's wishful thinking maybe although his brinkmanship still might do for us

19 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

If voluntary liquidation was open to Ken at anytime why has'nt he done it by now?

Howard comes accross as proficient thruthful without being open(understandable) but he is PR he could be the sheep covering for the wolf we just dont know .The fact that his group could walk away with millions in compensation is a worry also, although that money has to come from somewhere & someone presumably more desperate to own the club.That could be a win/win if the competition have 'deep pockets' regardless of its origins.

I think we will get a resolution & don't think, as dodgy as he undoubtably is,that Anderson will liquidate the club.

That's wishful thinking maybe although his brinkmanship still might do for us

I don't he has liquidated yet as he is checking to see if more money can be made before reverting to his last option

If he liquidates wouldn't the insolvency practitioner dig into the accounts pretty thoroughly?

On the gov.uk website it says this

"In a creditors’ voluntary liquidation, the liquidator acts in the interest of the creditors not the directors."

Surely this would deter Anderson from going down this route?

1 minute ago, Wardrobe said:

If he liquidates wouldn't the insolvency practitioner dig into the accounts pretty thoroughly?

On the gov.uk website it says this

"In a creditors’ voluntary liquidation, the liquidator acts in the interest of the creditors not the directors."

Surely this would deter Anderson from going down this route?

He’s a creditor... unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, SilentBob said:

Just want to gauge some opinions of what people here currently believe. Hopefully without offending anybody. 

Who fully believes Howard and what he's been saying over the past week?

Who believes he's talking shit and his buyers will end up with a convenient excuse come next Tue/Wed?

Who believes there's more than just Bassini (Gaspard, Howard's group, anyone else, etc) currently serious/close with takeover?

Who believes we'll be liquidated?

I'm with you on this, I am doubtful that Howard & Co will get the gig and I'm not certain that Howard is 100% genuine tbh. I am hopeful that a consortium involving Michael James is possibly the answer and I am reasonablly confident that we won't be liquidated.

Edited by Blondi

1 hour ago, RedBloodzCell said:

Ken won't give a fuck about that, it is punishing the wrong people ie the people who care about Bolton Wanderers.The way to get Ken to pay the wages is to punish Ken in the pocket if he doesn't.Im sure the EFL could find a way to do that if they tried harder

1 hour ago, SilentBob said:

Just want to gauge some opinions of what people here currently believe. Hopefully without offending anybody. 

Who fully believes Howard and what he's been saying over the past week?

Who believes he's talking shit and his buyers will end up with a convenient excuse come next Tue/Wed?

Who believes there's more than just Bassini (Gaspard, Howard's group, anyone else, etc) currently serious/close with takeover?

Who believes we'll be liquidated?

I can smell bullshit, don't think they have any intention of buying the club. I'll happily eat humble pie if I'm wrong 

3 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Ken won't give a fuck about that, it is punishing the wrong people ie the people who care about Bolton Wanderers.The way to get Ken to pay the wages is to punish Ken in the pocket if he doesn't.Im sure the EFL could find a way to do that if they tried harder

If a sale is happening I can’t seem them allowing that. 

5 minutes ago, darrener said:

I can smell bullshit, don't think they have any intention of buying the club. I'll happily eat humble pie if I'm wrong 

Yeah, good to see I'm not alone with finding the excuses a bit too convenient. Not saying he doesn't know interested people or what he's talking about, but just seems like there's always going to be a reason in advance that it might not happen to cover what he's saying. If it happens you can cut me a slice too, I'd be more than happy to see them takeover if what we've been told ends up being true. 

3 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

Yeah, good to see I'm not alone with finding the excuses a bit too convenient. Not saying he doesn't know interested people or what he's talking about, but just seems like there's always going to be a reason in advance that it might not happen to cover what he's saying. If it happens you can cut me a slice too, I'd be more than happy to see them takeover if what we've been told ends up being true. 

Obviously knows a lot of what's going on but I don't get the feeling they are in this to buy the club more what they can make from doing very little. And what was that hanging bollocks all about? 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

It's gone all brexit, not a clue what is fucking happening, its out of the fans hands, always was and always will be. 

What will be will be, I'm just hoping we have a football club to support.

Kens a sweaty tank top wearing CUNT who was and still is the only gig in town

Bassini, a serial bankrupter, god help us

Howard's group, 1 step forwards 2 steps back

Parkinson, He's  still a cunt!

I actually understand all that 👍😁

Sluffy's till wading through volume 4 book 7 chapter 6 of his daily update, so I'll do the honours for them as can't be arsed wading through it.

1. Ken's got less than a week for full transition - cock off, the lot - calling himself Gladys and insisting the notice was addressed wrong / he hasn't had enough time as a woman to consider it.

2. After yesterday's news that Howard's lot were definitely taking over if Bassini didn't in the next week, H reveals new reasons why they might not (notwithstanding 1 above).

3. Apparently, the land's worth shitloads according to a survey by H's mob and the Micra driver. There's gold in them thar hills. Or summat.

4. It's all gone a bit squabbly, mainly about Ken. Big issues are is he a cunt (obviously), how big a cunt (massive), whether he's our cunt (of course, for now), and whether he saved us (feels a bit like saying "for all his faults, that Hitler bloke built some bloody good roads"). Jury's out until Mounts does a full forensic audit of Ken's expenses. Nowt'll be settled without straighteners methinks,

5. Custard seems to have bought Howard's narrative that Ken's fiddled us out of £13m, but thankfully (somehow) he's managed to convince himself Ken's done it in the club's best interest. I've cancelled the ambulance, so all's well.

6. The repetitive questions to Howard count has slowed down. We're still only on fucking loads plus a few.

7. In honour of the Khilji's of The Khilji Residence fame, I'm signing all my posts off in kind from now on.

If owt else happened I missed it, but I'm down to skimming through these days to preserve sanity.

Wakey

The Wakey Residence

Wakey

T'other side o'thills

Edited by wakey

3 hours ago, WestStandUpper said:

and because he owns 94.5% he can approve it himself then?

Based on your explanation of what you can do to his shares and ICI, he's bound to liquidate us as it suits him miles better.

Only drawback, and it is a big one, is the investigation that will commence on him for liquidating a big company like us?

And I doubt he'd come out of that looking rosy, for all the good he has done in the past, he's made himself look a proper cunt this last month or so.

In honour of the speculation surrounding my ‘honesty’, would any of you care to speculate on my reasoning for being here, posting over 1000 times and generally being correct on most things? 

There is a real issue with human nature where we can’t bear to see other people hold more knowledge than ourselves. It probably stems from a poor upbringing, that cotton mill chip on ones shoulder perhaps?

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Yeah I only mentioned cunt twice 😃

You can tell we won last week parkinsons cunt was down graded from capitals to lower case. If we win on Saturday will he just be a fanny? 😁 

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

In honour of the speculation surrounding my ‘honesty’, would any of you care to speculate on my reasoning for being here, posting over 1000 times and generally being correct on most things? 

There is a real issue with human nature where we can’t bear to see other people hold more knowledge than ourselves. It probably stems from a poor upbringing, that cotton mill chip on ones shoulder perhaps?

You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone on here that you know what you're talking about unless you write 'FACT' at the end of every post. FACT.