Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, Gonk said:

No, CBA trawling through the thread, but somebody asked 3 questions. The 3rd question was the caravan club link. Howard only answered two originally, the answer to 2 being yes. Whoever it was then erroneously took the Yes as relating to the caravan club question. H a few posts later confirmed there was no link

That's what Howard did so adeptly. A lot of conclusions have been reached to regarding his insinuation. The Bahrain link being a case in point. If you read back, there is never anything concrete from him, he just led a flurry of discussion, never confirming nor denying - just kind of egging it along.

• Site Supporter

So it's not a done deal yet. Michael knighton anyone?

Are we going to see him doing keepy ups at half time on Saturday?

As for Howard's last post, much of it fair enough, the with regard to point 8, be did enough critical comment on other parties, some of which were surprising to say the least. I would have expected him to remain above some of the language and inference used.

That said, was still quite interesting.

And who knows, they might be back yet!

7 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

“The money is available, I just need to have two or three things checked out with Mr Anderson and the club and then we’ll go forward, but we are very close in the coming week.” 

So essentially he has a couple of business days to get these things cleared and purchase through - otherwise Howard's crew are ready to pounce. I don't think this conversation has moved along at all. Even Howard's final words on the matter are no longer final because his reasoning was that he thought Bassini would have the Club today. 

Obviously all of the above means you take credence and trust to some degree the points these people are making.

6 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

So there's no truth to the sightings of Cliff Barnes at the Horwich Asda and representatives from Ewing oil being spotted secretly digging up the car park? 

No, but SK has been spotted, gleaming eyed and chuckling malevolently whilst sipping from a tumbler of whisky (sporting a ten-gallon).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

He is saying if 'we' stay up.  He'll do for me.  Yes we could be in this position again in a few years time but fuck it.  Better than going down with -12 points.

Spend some cash on getting Big Sam in.  All of football would hate us, it would be class.

Sam has a point to prove and we'd be corrupt as fook.

Bolton Launderers.

Edited by The Norpig

2 minutes ago, Boothy said:

So essentially he has a couple of business days to get these things cleared and purchase through - otherwise Howard's crew are ready to pounce. I don't think this conversation has moved along at all. Even Howard's final words on the matter are no longer final because his reasoning was that he thought Bassini would have the Club today. 

Obviously all of the above means you take credence and trust to some degree the points these people are making.

Its going to drag on another week and maybe another week after and so on is my take on it. The whole thing is a mess. I just want someone decent to take over. 

1 minute ago, Blondi said:

Bassini will just be a front for the Sicilian mafia, I'm going to Sicily next month and I plan to visit Bar Vitelli in Savoca, I'll ask the locals what they know.

Very thinly veiled

Edited by Boothy

2 minutes ago, The Norpig said:

He is saying if 'we' stay up.  He'll do for me.  Yes we could be in this position again in a few years time but fuck it.  Better than going down with -12 points.

Spend some cash on getting Big Sam in.  All of football would hate us, it would be class.

Sam has a point to prove and we'd be corrupt as fook.

Bolton Launderers.

Getting Big Sam back in as manager would be a huge PR coupe for he new owners as far as our fans are concerned. 

The fact it would send West Ham and Arsenal fans into a state sanctimonious apoplexy is a huge bonus.

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me he's no nearer to completing than he was yesterday," a couple of points to sort out with Ken Anderson, should be concluded in the next week." sounds like Ken trying to get Howard group out in the open, even nixon has finally sussed it out. Probably a tip off from Ken. On his own there is no way bassini has got the money to buy the club. 

Everyone wanted Ken out. It’s happening 

now, Bassini could be a disaster or it could be just what we need at this time. Let’s face it, it can’t be any worse than what it is like today 

and that’s all we can do. Worry about today and maybe tomorrow. 

We have no idea where we will be in 2 years so no point worrying and fretting over it. If we have to go through this again then we will and we as a club will survive. 

We live to fight another day and the fact that KA isn’t around means the days automatically look brighter

we enjoy the ride if it’s a good one but get through if it’s a kamikaze journey. As we always have done 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The group Nixon mentions is the same one the BN think will buy the club. I don’t know who they are but I’m fairly certain that local people Iles already has contact with are involved.

Probably something to do with Michael James imo.